Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion  MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 5

Have to watch that one. Thanks for the tip, Nas.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

N
  • MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
This just caught my attention:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6156883/Sally-Field-says-recreating-relationship-sexually-abusive-stepfather-Burt-Reynolds.html

This sounds exactly like an MLC relationship. It also shows as some of us have been discussing on another thread, that single people can go into MLC and get into a relationship that looks a lot like an MLCer-OP relationship without leaving a spouse to do it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:19:28 PM by GonerinGhana »

N
It looks like MLC to me:
http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/bellingham-shooting-chester-county-pennsylvania-bruce-rogal-divorce-family-20180920.html

I mean why else kill your parents in connection to your divorce from your wife? Childhood issues must have played a role here.

It looks like MLC to me:
http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/bellingham-shooting-chester-county-pennsylvania-bruce-rogal-divorce-family-20180920.html

I mean why else kill your parents in connection to your divorce from your wife? Childhood issues must have played a role here.

Who knows why he killed his parents. Who knows why they were divorcing. Saying this is MLC does not make much sense. This is an insane man.

"... and gunned them down in a violent outburst that betrayed the love — and financial support — they had provided him for years." parents seem to have been quite supportive of him.

Lets not see MLC where there may be none. A lunatic is a lunatic.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

N
Financial support doesn't mean there wasn't other kind of abuse going on. My FIL provided my H with the financial support to become a doctor, but he also beat and tortured him to focus on his studies that got him there. Just because the article says they were "loving" doesn't mean they were.

Also, the part about him not being eligible for social security disability payments suggests he was living off of others' or passive income most of his life because you only have to have worked 6 years to be eligible for that. Maybe he was angry because they never gave him the chance to stand on his own and get a job.

You also missed the part about the affair that had been going on since 2011 with the requisite MLC motorbikes.

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
The recent death of Burt Reynolds has brought up the interesting relationship he had with Sally Fields.

Now, I'm not too sure if it was a mid-life crisis, but maybe more of his lifetime obsession with the "grass is greener" syndrome.

As a LBS of a vanisher, it just seemed interesting to me that they both spoke to each other only by using the press.  Sally Fields even voiced on The View, that is exactly what Burt did over the years.

If you have time, look up interviews of each of them about each other.  Just interesting to me that they both seemed to agree that the other was the love of their lives, yet they didn't speak to each other.

What a shame.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
Sally has said in interviews for her book that she was reliving and attempting to "correct" her relationship with her abusive stepfather through her relationship with Burt.  Definitely shows the reasons why people are attracted to each other and reminded me of the relationship some MLCers have with their OP of choice.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
I saw somewhere that she also said she felt safe writing about him because she knew he wouldn't read it and she didn't want to hurt him.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

N
No, she said she felt relieved he had died before it was published as it would have hurt him.

But yes, I agree with Nas, definitely Sally was the MLCer. Burt was the OP. Although neither was in a relationship when they got together.

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
I don't actually feel that either of them was an MLCer.  I do think a lot of their issues parallel what we see in MLC though.  I think Burt was a narcissist and Sally was a woman dealing with many demons from her childhood.  There are so many hurting people out there dealing with things in different ways.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.