Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Election 2020

Off-Topic Election 2020
OP: November 03, 2020, 04:43:57 PM
I am not sure if this is allowed, Mods, delete if I broke a rule

Not sure what everyone is doing for the election, but thought I would start a thread.   You dont have to discuss your views, just a thread for election coverage, if anyone is interested
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

Election 2020
#1: November 03, 2020, 04:44:59 PM
As a Canadian, I have to say.....I definitely invest a lot of my time and energy into American politics. 

I dont think it needs to be said, but this is definitely an election to watch
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

Election 2020
#2: November 03, 2020, 04:47:49 PM
I have been pretty closed to anything.
The debates were a joke from what I glimpsed.

I did some research.
I voted.
I’ll wake up tomorrow and see what lies ahead.
Nothing will change if I stay up and agonize over the results.
Letting go...

Election 2020
#3: November 03, 2020, 05:00:34 PM
Sea, I think thats a level of detachment that a lot of us strive for.

Which makes me question, "Why am I so invested?"  I have my reasons as to why I am, but then your comment is a reminder that as an LBS, the most important piece is detachment.

If I am invested in an election that has no bearing on my life, do I truly know "detachment"?
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

• Mentor
Election 2020
#4: November 03, 2020, 05:06:18 PM
If I am invested in an election that has no bearing on my life, do I truly know "detachment"?

But the results will have a huge impact on Canada and on the world.

My Canadian friends and family are watching very carefully.

I spend my first 50 years in Canada and have been able to vote in the last 2 US elections.

The results are going to impact me greatly.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

Election 2020
#5: November 03, 2020, 05:20:48 PM
xyzcf,

As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, what America does, does not impact me.   As a sister to a brother who is half black, these results have no bearing.

But what I see is, a nation who can or may endorse infringement of civil liberties that may or may not affect me, scares me.   Does this lead us down a path of our future?   Who is protected and who is not?

You have been to Canada, so you understand that what happens down south, may not fully impact what happens up North.   But if this rhetoric is deemed acceptable, what does that hold for every countries future?

I know Canada may be affected in other ways, but for me, I invest in the humanitarian aspect of this race.

I appreciate Canada is impacted in many other ways....but I guess Im sitting on some tunnel vision about how it affects us
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

• Mentor
Re: Election 2020
#6: November 03, 2020, 05:39:08 PM
I have my fingers crossed but things are really too early to predict.

A lot of southern states normally vote red, but there are so many other states that have not weighed in yet.
I think it may be a few days before we know anything for sure.

Thanks for starting this thread, LBS.   ;D
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
Election 2020
#7: November 03, 2020, 06:01:43 PM
It should scare us ALL, LBS_Les.

“🎶He who forgets is destined to remember...🎶”

I was just remembering, a little over four years ago, in the early fall, I traveled to a bunch of Southern cities to see which one might feel the most like “home“ to me so I could choose where to start my new life. I remember flying back one night, I think it was from Savannah, or maybe Charleston, and the guy sitting (way too close) next to me on the plane talked my ear off the entire flight 🙄, and then I was in the Uber and the driver had his station tuned to the presidential debate and he talked my ear off🙄 (but clearly has no interest in listening to anything I might have to say). And they were both slimy , creeping misogynistic asshats but I thought they were anomalies and I still had a little hope for the future.

I went to bed four years ago completely thinking I would wake up to President Hillary Clinton. Now that we have seen four years of this utter madness, I can’t believe where things stand. No matter what happens, this race is just too close. The amount of people who care more about their own personal bank balance and 401(k) than the health, safety and wellbeing of their neighbors, and the amount of people who somehow think that the racism, misogyny, incitement of violence, denying of science, and general buffoonery is somehow acceptable makes me feel sad, scared and truly heartbroken.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 06:03:13 PM by Nas »
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

You can either be consumed or forged. It’s up to you; the fire doesn’t care either way.

b
  • Mentor
Election 2020
#8: November 03, 2020, 06:17:18 PM
I am Canadian

But the results will have a huge impact on Canada and on the world.

My Canadian friends and family are watching very carefully.

Yes and Yes ....we are watching closely, it is talked about everyday , we are "nervous"  as many that I talk with know precisely what we hope happens.  To us , the United States is in a state of utter chaos as a result of a lack of leadership, COVID that seemingly is being ignored and the loss of life is heartbreaking , riots and division .  It truly is very concerning and scary . I hope something far better happens for our friends in the states. 
Married April 1985
5 children
Bomb Drop April 2013
Thrown out of house August 2013
Affair discovered November 2013 (i guessed who)
Home December 3 2013
The Journey Of Reconciliation .. is for the brave .

Anger is like a candle in the wind ... it blows out the light of all reason.

Election 2020
#9: November 03, 2020, 06:26:56 PM
It should scare us ALL, LBS_Les.

“🎶He who forgets is destined to remember...🎶”

I was just remembering, a little over four years ago, in the early fall, I traveled to a bunch of Southern cities to see which one might feel the most like “home“ to me so I could choose where to start my new life. I remember flying back one night, I think it was from Savannah, or maybe Charleston, and the guy sitting (way too close) next to me on the plane talked my ear off the entire flight 🙄, and then I was in the Uber and the driver had his station tuned to the presidential debate and he talked my ear off🙄 (but clearly has no interest in listening to anything I might have to say). And they were both slimy , creeping misogynistic asshats but I thought they were anomalies and I still had a little hope for the future.

I went to bed four years ago completely thinking I would wake up to President Hillary Clinton. Now that we have seen four years of this utter madness, I can’t believe where things stand. No matter what happens, this race is just too close. The amount of people who care more about their own personal bank balance and 401(k) than the health, safety and wellbeing of their neighbors, and the amount of people who somehow think that the racism, misogyny, incitement of violence, denying of science, and general buffoonery is somehow acceptable makes me feel sad, scared and truly heartbroken.

Nas, all of this!   I cannot believe its a close race when the rights of so many, are being infringed upon.

Party belief or not, human rights are rights, and people are clearly showing which side of the line, they stand on
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.