Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Love Comes Walking In

s
My Story Love Comes Walking In
#90: September 24, 2021, 09:42:22 PM
A hearty congratulations to both of you, BB! 

I hope you're making the wedding cake!!
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

b
Love Comes Walking In
#91: September 26, 2021, 06:55:52 PM
A hearty congratulations to both of you, BB! 

I hope you're making the wedding cake!!

SB, I don't know about the cake for the actual day of our wedding,  since it is a destination wedding/honeymoon and I'm definitely not packing all of my baking supplies and dragging them along😆  And, no way am I traveling over 12 hrs with a wedding cake lol  Our wedding is at sunset and after,  we plan to go out with our families for a nice oceanfront dinner.  I can't think of a better way to start our new life together.

Once we return home...and here's to hoping we've found our new home by then 🤞🤞, we plan on having a nice house warming/reception for friends and family.  For that, I can assure many different gourmet cupcakes and desserts 🥰

b
Love Comes Walking In
#92: October 04, 2021, 03:16:06 PM
Dumpster Day was one of the happiest days of my life!! Clearing out the clutter both physical and mental and moving on lighter and happier. Sounds like you are well on your way to a lighter, happier life!! So happy for you!!

DF....yes, Dumpster Day has now been deemed a huge success.  Lots of trash from the past now in a huge landfill of garbage where it belongs now and forever.  Never to be spoken of again.

The wedding plans are all made, complete with a full week's rental of a house right on the Folly River, surrounded by marshes and sporting a gorgeous view of the beach just a couple blocks away.

And, now that my current home has been purged , it is now time to start house hunting in my future town.  Popeye and I are wasting no time and are already working with a real estate agent.  The bank appointment went well, and we have a couple different purchasing options available since we are both good to go and comfortably well off from a financial standpoint.  I am very excited to see what comes available,  now that the market is starting to come back to normal, and now that the wedding is set and my house is almost ready to list, I think things will move rather quickly and the next 7 months will be a blur.

D
Love Comes Walking In
#93: October 04, 2021, 05:12:59 PM
I am getting whiplash reading your posts BB.  Lol!
When life decides to change it sure does it in rapid speed. A bunch of things are starting move in my life and it can be super scary.  You do it with such grace.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

b
Love Comes Walking In
#94: October 04, 2021, 06:19:10 PM
I am getting whiplash reading your posts BB.  Lol!
When life decides to change it sure does it in rapid speed. A bunch of things are starting move in my life and it can be super scary.  You do it with such grace.

Although I deeply appreciate the compliment, DF, I have exactly as much grace as a bull in a china shop 😆   It's my persevere and faith in God and myself, that get me through.

K
Love Comes Walking In
#95: October 11, 2021, 03:09:37 PM
I mean, I'm away from HS for a few months and you are now the 2nd out of 2 posters I've read to get engaged? OMG. Well I am beyond thrilled for you. You've done the hard work and it has  come back to you. So awesome.  You are really such an inspiration to so many here. I can't wait to see what comes next for you.

Congrats!
Me 49
H 48
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

b
Love Comes Walking In
#96: October 12, 2021, 05:00:03 PM
Welcome back, KIT!  I took a peek at your latest update, and you sound phenomenal.   You have mastered the lessons of detachment and ignoring the moving (lying) lips and instead are only focused on what's being done and not the hot air circulating the room.  So happy for you to be in a place of peace and personal power.

Indeed, I am happily engaged and so ready to start my life with my beloved.  He's truly a blessing from above and just an all-around decent, genuine guy with a heart of pure gold.  It took walking thru hell to find him, but it is a trip I would do again if it meant he'd be waiting on the other side.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.