Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 8

S
MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 8
OP: September 06, 2019, 09:44:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Another new thread.
I will answer your questions to the best of my ability and please continue to ask.
Always remember each and every one of you are not the reason your MLCer is in crisis. Let them go and use the energy on yourselves.

They are lost for now, you are not.

Previous thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11029.0
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 02:16:06 AM by Thunder »
Beware of “keyboard warriors “

c
Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 8
#1: September 07, 2019, 01:39:37 AM
Hi Shocks sis

I don’t have a question, I am an old timer and don’t feel the panic etc., that I used to but have been reading along.

Just wanted to say you are very kind to help everyone try and settle their minds and sorry you had to go through this yourself.

I can only think you must be a very nice person the way you have even dealt with some of the hiccups that occur on here at times, with everyone having different takes on it all from time to time it does get heated.

I don’t really know what mlc is supposed to do for a person, can’t for the life of me fathom why a person needs it really, there has to be an easier way to deal with issues surely.

Anyway thank you for your time, it makes for very interesting insight to not it all xx

c
#2: September 07, 2019, 01:41:38 AM
Sorry don’t know where not came from oops🤭 should of re read before pressing send

S
#3: September 07, 2019, 02:32:21 AM
Thank you Crazy

I totally understand how people get angry because I think I would too especially when you’re running around trying to make sense of the senseless. If I can help just one person to be a little more at peace then I am happy to know that something positive came from something so negative as in my MLC.

#4: September 07, 2019, 03:03:44 AM
ShocksSis I think you are helping more than one person. Don’t underestimate what you are doing here, it’s incredible.

Rose 🌹
Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
BD3 - Sept 2019
MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2018
OW2 - Feb 2019, age 30
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ‘P’

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

L
#5: September 07, 2019, 04:38:59 AM
Hi SchockSis, I  also want to thankyou so very much for your neverending patience and kindness towards us. Words alone really cannot describe the gratitude and appreciation that so many (at least  99,99%) of us here on HS feel towards you.
Also a  huge thanks to your Sis for lending you to us.

Here are two questions that I`d love to hear your answers about.
You said you were horrible to your H but was it only verbal abuse or did you actually go out of your way to do things that would harm him otherwise (financially,  etc., etc.). If so, did you attempt to amend these things (e.g. by reimbursing him financially) or apologize to him for the things you had done to him whilst you were deep in the fog?

Were you only horrible to you H or did you start turning on other people (family, friends, acquaintances) the deeper you got into the fog?

Me: 56 (when he left in April 2017)
MLCer: 57 (when he left in April 2017)
Together since: 1986
Married: No
Children:No
Begin of P`s MLC: around Spring 2010 with breaks inbetween when he behaved like his pre MLC self.
OW: YES , he`s living together with an old spinster who just happens to live up the road.
Animals: 1 doggie, belongs to both of us but MLCers has abandoned him too.

"Surrender to what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be"

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
#6: September 07, 2019, 06:40:56 AM
If so, did you attempt to amend these things (e.g. by reimbursing him financially) or apologize to him for the things you had done to him whilst you were deep in the fog?

I, too, have wondered what it feels like to have a pocket of clarity.  When having one, do you recognize that you're back to normal, even if only for a minute?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:29:44 AM by megogirl »

S
#7: September 07, 2019, 07:44:17 AM
Mego and Loyal

I was verbally very abusive to my ex h and I felt at that time I could have quite easily been physically so if he had made me angry enough! As shocking as this is it’s reality. I felt absolutely nothing only overwhelming anger and hatred against him. In time this changed to total indifference and he no longer angered me because I really didn’t care what he did or didn’t do.
It’s such a horrible and cruel thing to admit but the man I loved so much was now my arch enemy.
I didn’t believe a word he said (the fog in my head convinced me that he was a liar), and I felt anything he said was to manipulate me and pressure me.
As I started coming out of the fog I realised I still had my feelings of love for him and that they were there all along just pushed deep down below the fog.

S
#8: September 07, 2019, 07:47:34 AM
Thank you Rose

I just think it’s some small thing I can do to try to give a little understanding and peace to all LBSers because each and every one of you deserve at least that.

P
#9: September 07, 2019, 07:52:01 AM
Shocks Sis,

I want to add my thanks for your contributions here. They are enormously helpful. It's just so hard to get our brains around the dramatic personality changes exhibited by someone we knew and loved for so long, and reading your comments reassure that at least for some of us, that rational, caring person may return. In my case, while my H did not monster or do some of the extreme behaviors that I have read about here, there are enough other similar behaviors and scripts and confusion that I am convinced it is MLC. Here is my question:

I have to believe that the H I knew, once recovering himself and realizing the impact of his behavior (if that happens), will feel "I am a heel. She deserves better. I did so much damage that there is nothing I can do to make things right. I will do the best I can with my life from where I am now." Honestly, I think that would be a rational take on the situation - I might even agree with those conclusions; I'm not sure yet. What motivates the recovering MLC-er to think the best thing is to come home?

Thank you!

Prism
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:09:50 AM by Prism »
Me: 52
H: 59
Married - 12 days shy of 30 years
D23, D26 (not local)
BD: April 2017
Moved out: October 2017
Divorce final: December 2018

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.