Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 9

MLC Monster Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 9
#70: October 09, 2019, 10:17:54 AM
Very objective observation, NYM. And objectivity is a great thing to have for LBSs. Maybe before accusing someone of pot stirring, see whether what they're saying is actually just presenting more food for thought in the pot.

The odd thing is that most MLCers don't like being controlled. They are looking for a pliable OP to control themselves. I think in many cases, when the OP actually does start to act controlling, manipulative etc., if they have any sense, that's when they wake up and walk away.

It was my xH's biggest complaint that he felt "controlled" and at one point early on he accused ALL of us of doing it (me, his family, OW). I think the only thing that roped him back in was that she learned how to finesse it a little better. Turnabout was fairplay as he did too - it was the joint energy of two disordered people that kept them both distracted from their own issues, and focused on the triangulation that kept everything ramped up.

Post-crisis, knowing I owned my own choices became freeing, and accountability was an important part of my healing process. I even saw it on the limerence forums I was watching for awhile - people didn't start healing at No Contact, or figuring out their limerent object was a bad person. The difference in people came when they made it a one-man healing show. Those were the forum leaders showing other people the way.

F
Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 9
#71: October 09, 2019, 11:13:47 AM
Shock, I’m sure you have a tough skin having come through what you have come through, I ask that you would use it for the sake of those who appreciate your time and effort.

I have followed your story from the beginning and read everything you write.  My husband is very similar to you in his MLC.  There has been no back and forth with him.  He is committed to his feelings of not being in love with me.  He has been a monster for most of the last year, but is settling down now.  Like you my husband has a parent who did this same thing.

It has been a year since he let me know how he feels(bd) and ended our relationship, though for now we are still married. 

We are beginning to reconnect in a friendly way only, but he is certain he wants a divorce.  My understanding is that it took you four years to realize your true feelings.  Had he been available, how strong was your urge, and desire to reconnect.  Do you think it would have taken a possible additional year for you to get the nerve up to reconnect, or at 4 years were you ready? 

Married 23 years
Husband is 46
Me-42
4 kids 9-18 years old
BD-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, 2 OW at different times.
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but superficial.
2020-He has continued to help out when asked and be polite.  I do think he questions his choices at times.  I do not believe he has OW.
Oct 2020-He wants to get back together.  I am unsure. 
August 2021-.  He has shown very gradual, but consistent progress.  He moved back home.
December 2022-He has been home for 1 1/2 years reconnecting, in the room with me for several months. I now consider us reconciled.
October 2023-After two years home and being the man he should be, I finally fully let him back into my heart.

#72: October 09, 2019, 04:09:51 PM
Maybe before accusing someone of pot stirring, see whether what they're saying is actually just presenting more food for thought in the pot.

Was this comment aimed at me?

If it was, please be assured that I did see exactly what Nym was saying, and in my opinion it was out-of-place on this thread.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:12:03 PM by SteelSpine »
me 59, H 55
S17, S13 & S13
M 1/98

7/16 - BD - PA - OW
No legal action. Reconnected.
Done, with compassion.

#73: October 09, 2019, 04:46:45 PM
It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but did borrow the analogy for good measure. Guess we can agree to disagree on whether this different perspective belongs here.   

b
#74: October 09, 2019, 05:29:49 PM
Ok, so you now have a bonafide MLC'er willing to come and answer any lingering questions you may still have as to why your spouse bailed on you, and this is how you treat her?  If I was her, I'd tell you to kiss my ass.  She's here to help, which is more than I can say for some of you.  If you don't the answers or the conversation, don't let the door hit you.

I'm not sure if you've just been triggered or just live to argue, but your insinuations and attacks are completely out of line.  She made mistakes, just like every MLC'er.  She never claimed to be the saints you seem to think you are.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:30:55 PM by beyondblessed »

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
#75: October 09, 2019, 05:31:27 PM
OMG!!!

I can’t even believe SS needs a defense, but I’m sure she’ll get one in droves. 

She is only here to HELP LBS’, and I daresay she’s done a damn good job.  She doesn’t have to “do” anything; she owes us exactly nothing.

Please cease and desist antagonizing the ONLY ex-MLCer that is here now.  I don’t care how many were here 1, 3, 5, or 10 years ago, because that was THEN.  ShockSis is NOW!

« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:27:58 PM by megogirl »

#76: October 09, 2019, 05:52:04 PM
Totally BB..... 100%

Some people have gotten so ugly and I don't know why.
At one point I was really resolved to ask my W come on here when she is thru the tunnel and help like Shocks..... not anymore. I wouldn't put her thru that.

For the sake of argument, let's say Shocks WAS GETTING softballs (she isn't)...... what then? You drive her away so there's no resource?
BRILLIANT PLAN!!!

-SS
W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

F
#77: October 09, 2019, 05:53:12 PM
It’s the latter BB and it seems always the same players. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:01:05 PM by Finding Joy »
Married 23 years
Husband is 46
Me-42
4 kids 9-18 years old
BD-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, 2 OW at different times.
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but superficial.
2020-He has continued to help out when asked and be polite.  I do think he questions his choices at times.  I do not believe he has OW.
Oct 2020-He wants to get back together.  I am unsure. 
August 2021-.  He has shown very gradual, but consistent progress.  He moved back home.
December 2022-He has been home for 1 1/2 years reconnecting, in the room with me for several months. I now consider us reconciled.
October 2023-After two years home and being the man he should be, I finally fully let him back into my heart.

S
#78: October 09, 2019, 06:04:58 PM
Could we all please get back to asking shocks sis relevant questions about her MLC, any other discussions are not for this thread. It is imperative everyone treats each other with the upmost respect and please do not judge. We are all individuals in this mess and of course will have different opinions which should be respected also.

Now,for some relevant questions please.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

• Life's challenges have made me who I am today
#79: October 09, 2019, 06:18:15 PM
Savoir Faire: Hear, hear!
Together: since 1995
Married: June 7th 2003
No kids
BD: June 9th 2017
OW my BFF (B stands for Barf lol): July 15th 2017
Moved in with OW: September 2017
Divorced: July 2018
Started out as a Clinging Boomerang, after 19 months he became an off and on. Haven't seen him in about 3 years, hadn't talked to him for 2,5 years until I contacted him December 2020 to wish him a Merry Xmas. Now I contact him every few months. He contacted me for the first time since no contact on his birthday July 19th. Thanked me for giving him his space and started flirting with me. After that (as expected) crickets. He's lucky that I'm a very patient woman. ;-)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.