Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 9

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
MLC Monster Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 9
#90: October 10, 2019, 06:58:25 AM
Bewildered, you nailed it.  Every word.

There is nothing worse than the person who barges into someone else's thread to announce, “Yoo-hoo! I had my OWN MLC!”

Um....the thread was NEVER about you.  It was, and is, about the MLCer we were already discussing - ShockSis. If you wish to discuss your “own MLC”, kindly start a thread of your own, then have at it.  We will then choose whether or not we wish to hear it.

Until then...we only wish to hear from ShockSis!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:32:39 AM by megogirl »

C
Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 9
#91: October 10, 2019, 07:38:17 AM
Standing strong... such an interesting point about attachment... my H has always had issues with attachment to others.. when his brother was born (he was 10) he made it clear ( according to his family) that he wanted nothing to do with him...when we began dating his brother was a senior in high school and for a few years he discussed his dislike for him. According to them... if their dad wanted to take them both fishing he wouldn't go if the younger brother went.. He was full of hatred for his family and would often run away for weeks as a teenager and his mom would cater to him when he returned... But he didn't attach to anyone...

He had an accident where he broke his back and the friends that he partied with suddenly were not around and he turned his life around and began to attach to his family... he had one girlfriend after that who he fought with all the time...

I was the next girlfriend and they said I was the first goal he showed affection to and they were shocked how interacted with me... Your observation Standing strong this has given me a word to explain this ...and I would say that is why he has never had any friends and would guess that this is definitely a part of my H MLC... thanks for sharing....

I would love to hear SS incite on this in her experience...
Caroline

F
#92: October 10, 2019, 07:43:09 AM
My h also seems to have attachment issues.  He just dropped people for barely any reason, but I was in his inner circle and was an exception.  Until I wasn’t.
Married 23 years
Husband is 46
Me-42
4 kids 9-18 years old
BD-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, 2 OW at different times.
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but superficial.
2020-He has continued to help out when asked and be polite.  I do think he questions his choices at times.  I do not believe he has OW.
Oct 2020-He wants to get back together.  I am unsure. 
August 2021-.  He has shown very gradual, but consistent progress.  He moved back home.
December 2022-He has been home for 1 1/2 years reconnecting, in the room with me for several months. I now consider us reconciled.
October 2023-After two years home and being the man he should be, I finally fully let him back into my heart.

H
#93: October 10, 2019, 07:55:53 AM
I think some people need to take a break. Good lord. 

SS  is helpful. Some like her thread and they are getting Vetter by reading and posting.  GOOD!!!

Now if you don't like SS thread?? Why in the world are you posting on it. Just don't read it.

It's not any of our jobs to  judge anyone.

It's easy to me. If you like this thread. Read it and post.  If you don't, stay off of it.

JMO.  Have a good one my friends.

m
#94: October 10, 2019, 09:41:01 AM
My h also seems to have attachment issues.  He just dropped people for barely any reason, but I was in his inner circle and was an exception.  Until I wasn’t.

FJ this is also true of my wife, but I also always knew she had borderline traits, which meant she would idolize people, then completely devalue them. Borderline includes some attachment issues. Slight variant of the same, but some part of me always knew and used to even say to her "one day you will turn that towards me."

Honestly I still feel for her, it must be an awful state of being, to not be able to accept a person and connect to them fully, good and bad.
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

M
#95: October 10, 2019, 09:48:03 AM
I was going to stay out of this. Shock's Sis seems to be doing fine without any of us defending her. But I can't stop myself from jumping in because there is more misinformation being posted than I can stand. I apologize for prolonging the controversy.

Please cease and desist antagonizing the ONLY ex-MLCer that is here now.  I don’t care how many were here 1, 3, 5, or 10 years ago, because that was THEN.  ShockSis is NOW!

No offense intended to Mego but Shock's Sis is not the only MLCer or ex-MLCer who is here now although she is the most verbal. Most of us don't say much about our MLC experiences. Some of us have learned that it's safer not to mention them.

Cleary, some LBS are not able to understand SS's has been treated the same way every former MLCer that come on here has. The others were fine with the questions and LBS were not in up in arms because of them.

The first sentence in the above quote is partially true. The second is completely false. I've seen several MLCers come here, post honestly, develop devoted followings who appreciated their posts, and then stop posting because of the antagonism displayed on this forum towards MLCers in general and towards the specific MLCer who was posting. Several LBSes have been and continue to be extremely hostile towards MLCers who post about their experiences. I'm surprised Shock's Sis is still posting but perhaps she continues to post because it isn't true that she's been treated the same as all of the others. As hard as it is to believe, she's been treated better than most MLCers. Previous MLCers haven't had nearly as many LBSes who were to willing to protect and defend them. Members like Mego and Helpingme! and SS and Bewildered and many others have been inspirational.

Do not judge? Savy, eveyone is judged on HS on a daily basis. And has always been. Not judge when LBS daily judge their MLCer, insult their MLCer, the MLCers alienator?

A more true statement has never been posted here. This is what I hate about this forum. So many judgmental LBSes posting here. This one thread is almost like an oasis on this forum. Why would an MLCer want to spend much time on this forum when they are typically scorned and treated like the enemy. If you believe that they're going through a crisis perhaps you could find some sympathy and compassion for them. If not, perhaps this is not the right forum for you.

I have never before been in the presence of so many perfect people. I know the people on here who are so judgmental must be perfect because if they had flaws then they wouldn't be so quick to judge other people so harshly for their flaws.

I believe those of you who have started discussing attachment are on the right track. Here's a fairly basic article on attachment styles to get you started.

https://www.verywellmind.com/attachment-styles-2795344

I would also suggest you take a closer look at disorganized attachment. Here's a pretty good article about disorganized attachment and some of its effects.

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/psychotherapy-matters/2018/04/disorganised-attachment/

For more in-depth information I would suggest reading some of Dr. Dan Siegel's works in the field of interpersonal and developmental neurobiology.

https://www.drdansiegel.com/books_and_more/

F
#96: October 10, 2019, 10:00:56 AM
Marvin, I always had a fear that if my husband could turn so hot and cold towards others, someday he would do it to me.  Here we are.
Married 23 years
Husband is 46
Me-42
4 kids 9-18 years old
BD-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, 2 OW at different times.
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but superficial.
2020-He has continued to help out when asked and be polite.  I do think he questions his choices at times.  I do not believe he has OW.
Oct 2020-He wants to get back together.  I am unsure. 
August 2021-.  He has shown very gradual, but consistent progress.  He moved back home.
December 2022-He has been home for 1 1/2 years reconnecting, in the room with me for several months. I now consider us reconciled.
October 2023-After two years home and being the man he should be, I finally fully let him back into my heart.

S
#97: October 10, 2019, 11:47:10 AM
  My H is another one with this attachment issue. It seems that everytime he gets close to someone and they accept him for who he is he drops them from his life. I also told him that one day it would be me. The thing is he always put him and I into his bubble and he always told people that we would never break up. That we were to close and knew to much about each other. He did allow one other man into the inner circle, but since MLC took over he has dropped this friend too. This man is also very troubled and very hurt by this.

Stand
When the power of love overcomes the love of power there will be peace.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

Be a pineapple; Stand tall. Wear a crown. Be sweet on the Inside.

b
  • Mentor
#98: October 10, 2019, 11:49:21 AM
Understanding my own attachment style and my husbands was a turning point for me . There are many free quizzes to identify your attachment style ( and many can "guess" to identify a spouses attachment style ). Just adding this link to the great info from MBIB. Invaluable to research and understand your attachment style.

https://thepowermoves.com/attachment-style-quiz/
Married April 1985
5 children
Bomb Drop April 2013
Thrown out of house August 2013
Affair discovered November 2013 (i guessed who)
Home December 3 2013
The Journey Of Reconciliation .. is for the brave .

Anger is like a candle in the wind ... it blows out the light of all reason.

M
#99: October 10, 2019, 12:34:53 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing what Shock's Sis has to say. I have lots of thoughts about attachment but don't want to hijack Shock's Sis's thread. This would be a good topic for a discussion thread if anyone wanted to continue.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.