Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info Announcements, Updates, Policy Changes and Other Important Stuff

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
OldPilot and I will use this thread to make important announcements.

In March I instituted a Code of Conduct.

I have a made a few additions to it since implementing it, so please review the entire Code so that you are familiar with them. I have just added another item to the Code:

• Accept Disagreements Graciously
    Lively discussion can benefit us all; it allows us to explore and understand the diversity of experiences and perspectives. It can help us to be more understanding and tolerant as well as increase empathy and become more appreciative of our differences, leading to transformation. An open environment to learning benefits us all.
    Unfortunately, it takes only a single person to disrupt the feeling of safety in a discussion and instead, many feel attacked, unsafe emotionally and that they are not supported by their peers on the forum or by the forum itself.
    • Be respectful of differences of opinion and experience.
    • Stop trying to show how you are right or how others are wrong or misguided.
    • Agree to disagree. Let an argument die. There is no need to be a right-fighter. Instead, accept that others may never agree regardless of how sound you find your argument.
    We all may occasionally be set in our position and become frustrated when others can’t or won’t see what to us is obvious. This becomes a problem when the abuse is a continuous pattern of behavior.
    This is subjective and will thus be subject to moderator discussion before significant action is taken. We will start with either a request within the thread, by PM or both along with tracking it in the system.

I am truly sorry it had to come to this, but your protection is important and I want you to feel safe, comfortable and at home when reading and posting here.

HUGS,
Kenda-Ruth/RCR

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.