Archives > Archived Topics

Resources Links/Blogs/Articles for us all to share 9

(1/31) > >>

UrsaMajor:
Previous Thread : https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11123

Last post from Previous Thread copied here:

--- Quote ---
Have you seen this guys theories and the chaos spectrum?

https://youcansavethismarriage.com/invisible-lifestyle/

--- End quote ---

Yes WHY, very familiar...... that's Larry B.
He is a predator. When I was new, he was the 1st person I found that seemed to know what he was talking about.
Long story short: I bought his smaller package ($100, $150, something like that). It was ok, nothing revolutionary.
What happened next was eye opening...... he wanted $2000 for his real package (a package which only lasts one year). I started getting sales calls from his people and they were very pushy....... trying to do hard sells on me. Text messages followed after that. They also promised the program could save my marriage and they had a 100% success rate. What nonsense!! Utter lies.
Since I have a background in sales, I knew what they were doing...... and even knowing that, my need, my want, especially in my vulnerable and desperate state..... I almost did it, even though I couldn't afford it.
I didn't do it, and found a different way, and I'm so glad I did.

The thing is, his information isn't bad but it isn't complete either.
I would (personally) say that Kendra Ruth's paid versions of her information is just as good (if not better) and it's a much, much better value.
Consume those, and once you have a good basic understanding for a foundation, do a call with her. I did and it was extremely helpful. There is no silver bullet, there is no magic pill, there are no shortcuts to the front of the line. So much can only be resolved with time, but you'll see that when you look backwards at some point in the future.

-SS

JohnnyBravo:

--- Quote from: StandingStrong on May 31, 2022, 02:14:21 AM ---Yes WHY, very familiar...... that's Larry B.
He is a predator. When I was new, he was the 1st person I found that seemed to know what he was talking about.

--- End quote ---

I also tried the Larry B system. Started with his course on MLC, and then took one of his longer ones. (Cheaper than the one SS describes, and I didn't get any push calls.) Definitely saw some warning signs, one being that Larry B. has a degree in marketing per Linkedin, and his course advertisement said that they have to interview you to make sure you're qualified for the course to make you feel special. (The answer is, if you've got a credit card, you're qualified.) But I was desperately searching for answers as most of us were, so I tried it. It did have some interesting information, and some of it was useful, but mostly I found it to be a way to keep myself occupied in the rough early days.

The course is basically a way to build back your confidence and happiness, and a way to learn how to not get wrapped up in other people's drama. Which is exactly what K-R teaches in Detach and Thrive. You could do the work here, and buy a copy of The Secret, and you'd have about the same thing. (He refers to a different book than The Secret, by some Russian guy. Can't remember the name.) And in the most basic sense, that stuff is true. If you're a debbie downer, you're going to bring others down or bring out that energy. If you're upbeat, people will respond likewise.

Larry B (and that book) also talks about not getting caught up in "pendulums of negative energy." That's detachment. I recommend taking K-R's Detach and Thrive course when it opens again.

JB

Ready2Transform:
I remember at least looking him up too in the early days, and I think I might still have some audios on a hard drive. The "salesmen" can smell broken hearts, empty wallets, or the need for medical cures, which I'd already had experience in with some self-help gurus I'd worked for. Just know that there's a ton of information available for free (even if it's just the library or audiobooks, Youtube, etc.). You have to be discerning anyway to sift through whose really qualified and whose just an opportunist, but that's the life we live in all areas where capitalism can play a role. Some of the best references I still use came from no-name therapists and psychologists who had interesting websites or blogs that made sense to me. You'll find what resonates most with you.

Ready2Transform:

--- Quote ---Useful reminders in here for anyone having a hard time pushing through their days (I remember early on I found holiday weekends rough, and in the US it’s a long weekend):

https://www.talkspace.com/blog/feeling-overwhelmed/

Overwhelmed doesn’t seem a strong enough word lately. I can’t keep going the way I’m going. I can’t work almost continuously for 72 hours in order to take off two full days to sit in waiting rooms for hours in between medical appointments that often end up leading to more questions than answers. I’m so fatigued, I’ve actually lost my voice.

I’ve been dancing lately (because yoga isn’t cutting it anymore for the anxious “energy,” that build up of anxiety that makes me keep moving despite my body feeling fatigued enough to crumble, which it eventually does - “she’s a maniac” indeed).

Dancing is a way to try to connect to an old version of me who, despite having to prove my right to exist every single day, was still a feisty and fiery badass who wasn’t out of time…

🎼
https://youtu.be/fhnrrLxQEVQ 
--- End quote ---

Big hugs, Nas. Dancing is a form of healing too.

WHY:
Has anyone checked out the Reddit midlife crisis sub?  Most of the posts are from MLCers.  It's really depressing.  These folks sound so sad inside.  It's staring them in the face about whats going on with them (they're literally on the right sub), yet cant to anything to change their lives or stop self destructing.

Someone needs to decode this type of mental illness and find a treatment.  It's wrecking lives. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/midlifecrisis/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version