Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story 4 Years and counting !

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
My Story 4 Years and counting !
#10: June 18, 2020, 02:35:22 PM
Happy birthday!
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

• MLCer Type: Off-N-On
4 Years and counting !
#11: June 18, 2020, 03:20:39 PM
Happy Birthday from me too!
 I think they reserve their worst look for the lbs. Its funny, now mine is at home with us and he works from home too. He talks and acts  miserable sometimes towards us and then he goes into "his" room gets on video calls and   we  hear how happily he talks and laughs  when he forgets that we might hear him.
"Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by someone who is detached."
Simone Weil
Bd: 03-2015
home again since 2020

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
4 Years and counting !
#12: June 18, 2020, 05:06:43 PM
Happy Birthday!  And yay for the kind regards from him.  I think I would fall over to get a HBD.

Mine treats me like a bastard at a family reunion!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:29:26 PM by megogirl »

e
Re: 4 Years and counting !
#13: June 18, 2020, 05:16:52 PM
Treasure, lbs, faithwalker and upintheair. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Treasure, my daughter is doing better, she doesn't want to be around her father. She has been easier to live with, thank god. I have no plans to be around mr angry at all. I was just shocked he remembered me.

Upintheair. I have read your thread. I haven't seen much of my ex to know that they save there nastiness for there family, but I'm not surprised. When he comes to see my daughter you would think that this is the last place he wanted to be.

4 Years and counting !
#14: June 18, 2020, 07:14:01 PM
Happy Birthday Em!
BD End of April 2017
Moved out - kind of, May 2017
Denied affair
Cycled hard April - Oct 2017, my son figured out affair, I confronted husband, we were going away as a family for the weekend - H monsters hard and files for a D end of Oct, 2017
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes
He lives in monster, kids haven’t been with him overnight since Jan 2019
Moved in with MOW, a former friend of mine, May 2019

M
#15: June 19, 2020, 12:08:40 AM
Happy Birthday, Em! Hope you had a good day. it's my D's birthday today.

Bizarre how these MLCers can pop out of nowhere and suddenly remember you.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

e
#16: June 19, 2020, 06:44:19 AM
Thanks Milly

It is bizarre, he has not said anything in 5 years. It probably means nothing. Im sure I won't happen again fro another 5 years

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
4 Years and counting !
#17: June 19, 2020, 07:48:30 AM
Em

Don’t you think he may be poking out of the tunnel and is now testing the waters with you?

I’m just saying....five years seems to be around “that time.”

e
#18: June 19, 2020, 09:09:12 AM
Hi Mego

He might be. He is still with Ow as far as I know. I think he try's to get my attention sometimes. Just dropping a crumb my way will not make me give him any attention. He needs to act like and adult and a parent before I will even bother to have a conversation with him

P
4 Years and counting !
#19: June 19, 2020, 11:01:21 AM
Happy birthday, Em! I haven't had much time lately to read on here but I have been thinking of looking into your story at some point.  I think we have some similarities as to when our (x)Hs left, the age of our Ds (mine just turned 12) and the struggles they have had.  My D is feeling better now but there were times when she lashed out at me a lot. It was very tough for me at times to deal with this challenging behavior and see the immense pain that lay at the bottom of her anger and outbursts.  It is heart-breaking what many (most?) children of MLCers go through.

I totally get what you are saying about your H trying to get your attention.  My xH seems to do that, too.
Me: 51 (43 at BD1)
H: 57 (48 at BD1)
D: 14 (6 at BD1)
Met in 1995, married since 2000
BD 1: August 2014
BD 2: October 2015, H moved abroad
August 2018: Received divorce papers in the mail unexpectedly
May 2019: H gave up his job and moved about 1.5 hours to where D11 (at the time) and I live
Divorced: January 2020
Moving on

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.