Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Anyone else have a vanisher 21?

• Mlc- Cake eater for 3 yr now vanisher
Discussion Anyone else have a vanisher 21?
OP: February 17, 2019, 09:50:52 AM
New thread for the clanishers of the vanisher s. Hope all join sling again.

Personally I find the lack of contact plays on my mind as we have no insite into h life or thoughts or emotions. I think my children also struggle with this.

Previous thread
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10504.new;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:56:34 AM by Thunder »
Me 55
H56
Divorced 3/dec/2019
Together 30yrs
BD 20/10/2014
Left first 12/12/2014
10 come backs and leaves again for same ow
Last left 7.03.17.
Ow 16 yrs younger, no children never been married. co worker. EA turned to PA and lives with ow
Divorce bomb drop by him 31/8/17 by solicitor letter after being caught by ow at lunch with me 3 wk earlier. Finances Not yet finalised.
Crazy divorce started by him.
Clinging boomerang for 3 yrs now Vanisher but  twice a yr pops his head up. ow has balls in a vice!

e
Re: Anyone else have a vanisher 21?
#1: February 17, 2019, 11:47:35 AM
My daughter sees ex for about 30 minutes a week. I don't have contact. But I like it better that way. It's easier not to know. My daughter says he is just angry all the time. Everytime he sees her he is shocked that she still doesnt like him. It's been 3 years and she says he still doesnt get how she feels.

M
#2: February 17, 2019, 12:17:00 PM
I'm here!

Rising, I understand that desire to know something of what is going on in their lives. Contact gives us snippets, which we then run with and keep is cycling for weeks. I was one of worst of these. I wanted to keep the contact. I feared that lack of contact meant the end. Maybe it does, I don't know. But I've just recently reached a point where I couldn't stand the cycling any more. I can't keep hoping and hurting, hoping and hurting....

For me right now, I'm better not hearing from him, about him, not seeing him, not having S see him (not that I would stop him), just better off with nothing, as if he no longer exists.

It's hard with a vanisher, we get no crumbs and that's really hard. Not to make light of the clingers, they're right pains, but for me, I would rather have some crumbs.

Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• Mlc- Cake eater for 3 yr now vanisher
#3: February 17, 2019, 12:27:06 PM
I agree milly, I prefer the no contact as if he doesn’t exist but sometimes you just wonder what’s going on the other side or do they wonder what’s goes on with their old family. I am much calmer with no monster to deal with. I won’t reach out at all. Nothing. He has his new family so crack on matey!

I really want to move out of the area but as h won’t  communicate re anything let alone finances and divorce, I’m stuck and I’m not chasing and throwing more money away chasing it. We don’t even know if he has a solicitor any longer. Xx

Me 55
H56
Divorced 3/dec/2019
Together 30yrs
BD 20/10/2014
Left first 12/12/2014
10 come backs and leaves again for same ow
Last left 7.03.17.
Ow 16 yrs younger, no children never been married. co worker. EA turned to PA and lives with ow
Divorce bomb drop by him 31/8/17 by solicitor letter after being caught by ow at lunch with me 3 wk earlier. Finances Not yet finalised.
Crazy divorce started by him.
Clinging boomerang for 3 yrs now Vanisher but  twice a yr pops his head up. ow has balls in a vice!

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
#4: February 17, 2019, 02:39:11 PM
For me, the last contact was when he tried to call and I didn’t answer. It was shortly after my book went public, so I’m pretty sure that was what it was about. I’m hoping this will be our last contact, I doubt very much it will be.

We have too many mutual relationships.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

s
#5: February 17, 2019, 03:07:17 PM
My last contact was last November when I met him in the local convenience store parking lot to give him the last two guns that were stored here. 

I'm glad he doesn't wish to contact me or see me.  It has most certainly helped my healing and moving forward. 

Maybe someday he'll look me up and be ready to admit he made the biggest mistake of his life blowing up our world.  I'd be appreciative of hearing him admit it and take ownership of all the crap.  I don't figure it will ever happen so for me, I'd just as soon never hear from him again. 

Thanks for starting our new thread, RP. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

#6: February 17, 2019, 03:37:36 PM
I am fine with the lack of contact. It was I who cut contact. When I have to contact Mr J for business or legal reasons it is never something I like.

As for an inside into his mind, for the most part, he remains angry and nasty after more than 12 years into BD. Not someone I would like to have around.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
#7: February 17, 2019, 04:49:55 PM
My last contact was the day my mother died when I in advertently sent him a message meant for someone else that said, “thinking about every decision I have ever made.” Then a little while later when I realized my mistake, I sent him another message letting him know that that message was actually meant for someone else.
And he wrote back, “easy to do.”
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

#8: February 17, 2019, 06:45:00 PM
Last contact I has almost been a year. When it was the irs was breathing down his neck. Said he loved talking to me bc I saw things he didn’t see. Now no contact at all before that a little over a year.
 I’m good with not hearing from him again. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:49:27 PM by Shelly7435 »
M 54
H 49
M 12 years; together 17 years
D19, S29
Summer 2014 - H wanted to runaway
9/14 I was diagnosed with Breast cancer
11/14 Surgery for BC..3 day after my father dies
11/14 BD 2 days after surgery. I have no passion for you.
2/15 moved out
Dated each other all year affection back on..
3/16 moved home
7/16 Diagnosed with Breast cancer again
8/16 No affection again. I knew something was wrong.
9/16 Another surgery for Breast Cancer
9/16 BD 11 days after surgery discovered -EA with much younger W from Work. That is over. I think he has meaningless flings. Work is his mistress
10/16 I filed for D (financial reasons)
10/16 I moved out.
10/16 vanisher
5/17 Divorce final

#9: February 18, 2019, 07:16:19 AM
The last in person contact I had was 10/31/2017.  There was a phone convo in late Jan of 2018.  There's been texts initially just basic stuff then turned to her monster.  Then when I didn't engage, nothing.  Haven't received a text since early October of 2018.  That one said, "just to let you know I had to take D to the Emergency room for asthma attack.  It's not serious but urgent care was closed.  I'll let you know how it goes."  She has never had asthma, since learned OM smokes and likely what was causing problems for D.  I responded 2hr later I didn't read it right away because I figured it was monster garbage. "I was out, just saw your message.  hope shes feeling better."  Since then not a single peep.  She also said at the beginning of the school year thru text.  "When I get info on D's school, I'll pass it along."  Info was never sent.  I asked couple times then just figured it was a lost cause.  I think the claim that she will send some info then not doing it, is just the monster trying to make me mad, so if it's not sent, I just ignore it.     
M39, W38, D16, S14, S13 at BD. 20yr together married 18
Said I love you every night before bed good physical R
8/31/17 filed for D, left papers at house for me to find. Didn't come home or answer phone.
Moved to her parents house 2 doors down.
9/15/17 discover OM and PA she had the night of BD.
OM 12yr older unemployed in NY city met online leaving to marry him.  Said "I've done things for others my whole life time for me to do something for me", "I deserve to do what makes me happy!"
10/31/2017 left for good.
D final 12/21/2017
Returned once 3/28/18 to visit family.
Convinced D to leave and live with her 6/4/2018
Boys both live with me don't talk to mom.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.