Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info The Mentor Board: Purpose

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum-Info The Mentor Board: Purpose
OP: May 22, 2017, 09:36:33 AM
I am creating this topic to address the recent issue in which a Mentor posted a post of another Mentor (with permission) from the private Mentor Board. I removed that post, but since I have been away on maternity leave I did not see the problem until the discussion had spread.
I am locking this topic, as I am only posting to provide you with the information rather than open a discussion. You may PM me with questions I have missed addressing--I only skimmed a few posts before deciding to start this topic. I can then add to this post.
Please be patient, last night was the first night new baby let me put him down to sleep at night without freaking out; I've spent most of the last 2.5 weeks with new baby getting sleep on my chest as I lay down on the living room couch while everyone else sleeps, so I'm not very available or alert.

The Mentor made an honest mistake. I do not agree that the post from a private board should have been made public. I have no doubt that her intentions were good.

Private Messages are not accessible to anyone other than me and I don't really have the technical knowledge to know how to access them...but if I did I could. I have sometimes had success searching the last or last few PMs when I needed to find something, but cannot really go back further due to the weird dating system. No one else (not even OldPilot) has access to that area.

The Mentor Team serves the entire population of Hero's Spouse Posters, not only current mentees and they are my Advisory Board. The Mentor Board is used to discuss board issues and sometimes this includes individual cases of concern--often to draw attention to them by simply requesting other mentors stop by the thread. But this also includes issues where posters have been abusive and we have discussed warning and banning levels to take.

Moderating is a side job of the mentors and not all mentors feel secure doing very much moderating.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:16:26 AM by OldPilot »

• Administrator
Re: The Mentor Board: Purpose
#1: May 22, 2017, 10:00:49 AM

I am locking this topic, as I am only posting to provide you with the information rather than open a discussion.
You may PM me with questions I have missed addressing--I only skimmed a few posts before deciding to start this topic. I can then add to this post.

OK - I think I will unlock this topic (and move to the forum info board) and add in that you can feel free to add me to any PM's that you send to RCR as I can also add them to this topic if she is busy.

And not to tell secrets but sometime we do discuss RCR's children on the mod board but really it is mostly used for  trying to help out those of us that are here.

How to moderate and administer this board, which I can assure you is a very big job.
Many things go on behind the scenes which really do not need to be discussed in public.

Do any of you really need to know about Russian hackers on our board?
or that someone accidentally deleted a thread.

I do hope we can get back to the business of helping each other though!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:13:51 AM by OldPilot »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.