Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2

S
  • Administrator
Off-Topic Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#70: June 16, 2019, 07:44:07 PM
Forum is still lagging badly at times, it's intermittent, page loads slower than yesterday.  Deprecated errors stopped around 02:08 forum time, guessing that's when you downgraded to php 7.1.  I've cleared forum error log and server error_log in /forum.  Your error_log in root is almost 2.5 gb, that's awesome.  Don't have anything that will load a file that size, but wouldn't be surprised if Wordpress is generating all those errors.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Forum Problems 2
#71: June 18, 2019, 10:12:14 AM
It should be done!
I have uploaded all of the blog backups. I just did the last one which had the media files and expected it to slow down everything for hours and lock me out of all sites and it did not! It went smoothly and frankly, I am rather surprised.

The blog is up and running, but some little pieces still need to be connected. The n=sign up forms at all sites for the blog are not yet connected, so no one can sign up, but I will work on that tonight and each night this week until I get it done.

A
  • Mentor
#72: November 05, 2019, 08:35:43 PM
I just spent the last 20 minutes or so crafting a well thought out response to a member.  Hit the POST button and instead of posting I’m taken to the login page as my 60 minutes ran out.    I log in and hope to see my post but I do not.  It’s gone.   Browser back then forward, nope it’s not there.  I haven’t the energy to redraft that reply and I’m ticked about it!  WHY, can the login page delete my reply before posting?  Why can’t it be held in abeyance while I log in?  Why isn’t there a warning to copy the reply before proceeding?  Something,,anything,,other than losing a reply than took more than a moment to write.   Argh 😖

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#73: November 06, 2019, 02:36:09 AM
I just spent the last 20 minutes or so crafting a well thought out response to a member.  Hit the POST button and instead of posting I’m taken to the login page as my 60 minutes ran out.    I log in and hope to see my post but I do not.  It’s gone.   Browser back then forward, nope it’s not there.  I haven’t the energy to redraft that reply and I’m ticked about it!  WHY, can the login page delete my reply before posting?  Why can’t it be held in abeyance while I log in?  Why isn’t there a warning to copy the reply before proceeding?  Something,,anything,,other than losing a reply than took more than a moment to write.   Argh 😖

Anon, when you are automatically logged out, anything that you have not committed is automatically wiped as there is no cache or auto-Save of drafts. What you might want to consider is setting the duration of your login longer to avoid the issue.
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

M
#74: November 06, 2019, 05:38:40 AM
Anon, I copy everything because I post or even preview. It's a good habit to get into. It's saved me lots of times.

• Mentor
#75: November 06, 2019, 07:30:57 AM
I've learned to do the same, MB.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

S
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#76: November 06, 2019, 08:12:56 AM
Can modify login so that all logins are forever, cookies will not expire.  Do that on all my forums.  Let me know if you want it done here.

I do all long posts in text editor and copy to forum.  SMF 2.1 has a draft feature, which allows you to save drafts as you work, but you still have to remember to do it.  2.1 is still in RC, not ready for production forums.

• Mentor
#77: November 06, 2019, 08:23:02 AM
Sir Osis, I have a question.

When I reply to someone, the spell check no longer works.  Is it just me?
Anyone else have that problem?
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
#78: November 06, 2019, 08:44:39 AM
Can modify login so that all logins are forever, cookies will not expire.  Do that on all my forums.  Let me know if you want it done here.

I do all long posts in text editor and copy to forum.  SMF 2.1 has a draft feature, which allows you to save drafts as you work, but you still have to remember to do it.  2.1 is still in RC, not ready for production forums.

I think that is a good idea - I say do it.

S
  • Administrator
#79: November 06, 2019, 08:49:59 AM
When I reply to someone, the spell check no longer works.  Is it just me?

Have never used spellcheck, I'll look into it.  Was it working for you previously?

I think that is a good idea - I say do it.

Will take care of it tonight.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.