Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info Acronyms

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum-Info Acronyms
OP: April 18, 2010, 12:23:34 PM
I am not a fan of acronyms, but sometimes they are helpful. What I dislike is when they are used in place of proper grammar or full conversation. I have compiled a brief list of common acronyms along with a few words and concept- phrases common to the topic Standing in the context of midlife crisis and infidelity. My personal preference is to write out most phrases, but use acronyms when they stand for something specific such as a person or single idea.

Marriage, MLC & Infidelity Specific
AlienatorA gender-free term for the affair partner
DDivorce
EAEmotional Affair
EMAExtramarital Affair
HHusband
ICIndividual Counseling or Counselor
ILYI Love You
ILYBINILWYI Love You But I'm Not In Love With You
LBSLeft Behind Spouse
MCMarriage Counseling or Counselor
MLCMidlife Crisis
MLCerMidlife Crisis Spouse
MOMMarried Other Man
MOPMarried Other Person
MOWMarried Other Woman
OMOther Man
OPOther Person
OWOther Woman
PAPhysical Affair
SASexual Affair
STBXSoon-To-Be-Ex
STBXHSoon-To-Be-Ex Husband
STBXWSoon-To-Be-Ex Wife
WWife
WAHWalk Away Husband
WASWalk Away Spouse
WAWWalk Away Wife
XEx
XHEx-Husband
XWEx-Wife

People

ACOAAdult Child of an Alcoholic
BILBrother-In-Law
D#Daughter, Age
DILDaughter-In-Law
FILFather-In-Law
FOOFamily Original Origin
H/WHusband/Wife
MILMother-In-Law
S#Son, Age
SILSister-In-Law or Son-In-Law

Terms and Concepts
Cake-EatingTrying to have the best of two worlds--you and the alienator.
Dark, DimVarying levels of contact limitation
GALGet A Life, Who Are You? Find and become your Self.
HopeSomething that runs in the background, present, but suspended for attentiveness to the reality of Now.
MonsterThe nasty personality displayed by many MLCers, consists of venom spewing blame and hatred.
NCNo Contact, The strictest level of contact limitation
Paving the WayPaving a safe path--using the Unconditionals--to you for your spouse.
PMAPositive Mental Attitude
Mirror-WorkWhat you need to do for yourself.
The UnconditionalsGrace, Agape and Forgiveness

Common Shorthand
BTDTBeen There Done That
BTWBy The Way
FTRFor the Record
IMHOIn My Humble Opinion
IMOIn My Opinion
OMGOh My God
OTOHOn The Other Hand
PDAPublic Display of Affection
PMPrivate Message
POVPoint Of View
TMIToo Much Information
WTFWhat The F**k
WYSIWYGWhat You See Is What You Get
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:07:40 AM by OldPilot »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.