Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Script sentences and WTF moments

D
Discussion Script sentences and WTF moments
#140: June 29, 2020, 04:01:06 PM
Dis, I remember my xh complaining to me that HE was finding the divorce process so stressful that it was making HIS depression much worse.....any third party listening would have assumed that I was the one who had left HIM and that I had filed for divorce...it all seemed to come as a bit of a surprise to him that if you file for a divorce y'know there is paperworks, lawyers and a process  ::) Not only was he angry about the process but he blamed a bunch of things on his L and claimed to never be informed or involved in or have even read letters that HIS L sent out on HIS behalf....and then he was even more angry that nobody including me was sympathetic about how difficult and stressful it all was for him  ::)

It was crazymaking stuff. And tbh, much as I loved my h, it was all so exhaustingly crazymaking that in the end I just wanted it all done and behind me.....

Treasur,

When we presented our unified front to then D7, she responded "Aren't I too young for this?"  My heart broke and I immediately regretted signing on to the lie that we were separating because we both wanted to.  W responded "It's horrible, honey."  There was little emotion in her voice.

Since then, she's referred to it as terrible, painful, debilitating.  Said she was a failure.  Was/is embarrassed.  Wanted to die.  Yet, here we are.  If asked, however, she will tell you the marriage was more painful to her, even to the point that losing half her daughter's life (we are 50/50) wasn't enough to try to work it out once all the cards were on the table.  Just recently, I got the "Too much damage" along with "We've been living apart long enough."  Ahhh, script, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.
M=51
W=47
D=8
BD Feb 17 Thinking of divorce
Atomic BD June 17 Spying revealed OM at work
Still home.  Threatened to leave several times and has asked me to leave about a dozen. 
Says divorce proceedings will start Jan 18.
She has scheduled mediation Feb 7,  2018
I moved out March 16, 2018
Several mediations, mostly instigated by me.  Foot dragging by STBXW.  Nothing filed. Yet.
5/2019 STBXW filed D behind my back despite signed agreement to mediate.
I retain attorney.
STBXW still hasn't told me and no further action.
Elephant in the room has been addressed.  No further action atm.  Weighing my options.
12/16/19  She files financial paperwork.  Divorce proceeding.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Script sentences and WTF moments
#141: June 30, 2020, 12:30:20 AM
Anyone else have moments when they said 'we've' discussed something....about a conversation that never actually happened? That didn't feel like intentional gaslighting but that he genuinely believed he'd/we'd had?  I got used to the fact that my then h had either a) had a conversation with me in his head but forgotten to actually involve me lol or b) had talked about me rather than to me with someone else...psychiatrist, ow, whoever.. which I was supposed to magically mind read  ::)......very WTF though  :)

Oh yeah.... LOTS and LOTS of "Option b)" for me... "We talked about this!" Uhmmmm... No... "We" didn't.... You might have talked about it to someone but it was NOT to me.....  ::)
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

V
#142: June 30, 2020, 05:55:18 AM
Dis, I remember my xh complaining to me that HE was finding the divorce process so stressful that it was making HIS depression much worse.....any third party listening would have assumed that I was the one who had left HIM and that I had filed for divorce...it all seemed to come as a bit of a surprise to him that if you file for a divorce y'know there is paperworks, lawyers and a process  ::) Not only was he angry about the process but he blamed a bunch of things on his L and claimed to never be informed or involved in or have even read letters that HIS L sent out on HIS behalf....and then he was even more angry that nobody including me was sympathetic about how difficult and stressful it all was for him  ::)

It was crazymaking stuff. And tbh, much as I loved my h, it was all so exhaustingly crazymaking that in the end I just wanted it all done and behind me.....

YES to all of this!  My D23's boyfriend came into her life in the middle of all this and he truly thought *I* was the one that had kicked my exH out and was divorcing HIM.  It's just EXHAUSTING sometimes dealing with all the insanity of their crazy!  Mine seemed utterly SHOCKED that he had filed for divorce!  UMMMMM, WHAT?!?! :o :o :o :o  And on top of all that, the paperwork that kept being sent to me what inaccurate in every way.  Our date of separation was 2 years prior (???) and the years of cars, etc were wrong.  It's like he had no knowledge of our actual lives.  I refused to sign until things were 100% correct.....hope it cost him a bundle ;)

V
#143: June 30, 2020, 05:57:07 AM
Anyone else have moments when they said 'we've' discussed something....about a conversation that never actually happened? That didn't feel like intentional gaslighting but that he genuinely believed he'd/we'd had?  I got used to the fact that my then h had either a) had a conversation with me in his head but forgotten to actually involve me lol or b) had talked about me rather than to me with someone else...psychiatrist, ow, whoever.. which I was supposed to magically mind read  ::)......very WTF though  :)

Oh yeah.... LOTS and LOTS of "Option b)" for me... "We talked about this!" Uhmmmm... No... "We" didn't.... You might have talked about it to someone but it was NOT to me.....  ::)

and YES YES YES to this one too!  of course once I found about 12-16 hours A DAY of text messages to the OW, I realized that he in fact did NOT talk to ME about anything  ::)  there was literally no "WE" in any of this :o

K
#144: June 30, 2020, 08:40:44 AM
Oh yes, we apparently had many discussions but they just couldn't get resolved. Probably b/c OW was whispering sweet nothings in his ear, and well, the conversations NEVER happened.

My new fav is "I'm a horrible person. I did horrible things to you."  Meant to elicit pity and empathy I suppose. And it worked for 4 years. I know better now.
Me 50
H 49
S15
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

#145: June 30, 2020, 09:02:17 AM
My new fav is "I'm a horrible person. I did horrible things to you." 

Are you ever tempted to just say 'Yes'....with a little suitable emoji maybe lol?
Thinking about it, there should be an MLC emoji shouldn't there?  :)...at the front of every text message  ::)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:03:56 AM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#146: July 01, 2020, 04:39:38 AM
My new fav is "I'm a horrible person. I did horrible things to you." 

Are you ever tempted to just say 'Yes'....with a little suitable emoji maybe lol?
Like this one?

Thinking about it, there should be an MLC emoji shouldn't there?  :)...at the front of every text message  ::)
How about this one?
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

s
Re: Script sentences and WTF moments
#147: July 01, 2020, 06:47:20 AM
Holy $h!te, I haven't spoken or seen the MLCer for almost 9 months now while I force myself to move on. I bumped into him at my local supermarket today, caught me off guard and I tried not to be emotional because I was a wreck after :o! He looks very thin, hair was kinda long (he used to like them short and neat), still has the facial hair (always like to shave when we were together), eats once a day now, spending money like crazy and hasn't been employed for 1.5 years, and oh still has the MLC sports car.

Some scripts heard today:
I liked to spend money on things without having to worry, just what my mind tells me to, which is why we cannot work out. You are controlling!
People love me, they just do!

He still acts and feels like he is superior compared to the others. He is very smart, no doubt, but I wonder if people with high IQ tend to go off the charts more often? He doesn't do his hobby anymore which consumed him the last 1 year before the separation due to the toxic people and OW2. I wish him well and still think about him often. At least corona didn't get him and he's alive...  ;D

What is scarier that separation/move out anniversary is tomorrow!!!  ::)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 06:48:21 AM by spock »
Together since 2009, 7.5 years
- PA with OW1 09/15 (BD1)
- EA with OW2 02/16 (BD2)
I moved out 07/16..

• I never liked rollercoasters....
#148: July 01, 2020, 07:15:01 AM

Yes, this is very painful. "I told you about it." "No, you told someone but it wasn't me".  Until I found out about OW I was getting worried that he or I may have dementia.  Now I know it's he who has the brain of a sparrow (although he is one of the most intelligent persons I know).
January 2018 - 1st BD - "I'm not happy"
June 2019 - I discover existence of OW since November  2017. Lives on another continent
July 2019 - OW moves to live in my city.
August 2019 - H on holiday with OW, despite ultimatum
September 2019 - H commits to leaving OW
November 2019 - OW moves back to her country (temporarily). Reconnection with me begins but contact with OW continues.
January 2020 - H informs me he has broken up with OW. Continues seeing her anyway.
April-June 2020 - H moves home. While "rebuilding", H continues contact and some PA with OW (BD2).
July 2020 - H leaves home, fence-sits.
Aug 2020 - H plays heavy pingpong, then announces he will rent a place with OW "at least temporarily"
Aug 2020 - I decided enough is enough. Filing for D.

W
  • 'Be kind for everyone is fighting a hard battle'
#149: July 03, 2020, 06:18:24 PM
I thought I would add some to this list.

My H left via a text message so my only communication with him the text message, a 1-minute yelling at me hang up phone call, two explaining emails, things he then told some of my friends that found their way back to me, and now things he writes in legal letters.

Here goes:
BD1 (which I didn't know was BD at the time, I just got confused, 6 months before he left)
— The relationship feels one-sided ... you could rub my feet and write me little notes (as he does for me)
— You leave the cupboard doors open
— The feathers in the cushions you chose dig in to me!

BD2 - 2 weeks before leaving
— We need to talk ... BUT HE HAD NOTHING TO SAY!
— I hate myself
— I don't know who I am

Between BD2 and BD3
— It's not us, it's a MLC! (after seeing his therapist)

BD3 - leaving text message
— I can't do this anymore, I have been trying
— We both know I have not been happy for a while
— I can't be happy if I stay
— I was trying to work out why I wasn't happy and one of the things I realised I needed to do was a 'fresh start'
— Wants to be completely autonomous, just think about himself, as selfish as it sounds
— He loves me but HAD to do this
— I am perfect but he HAD to do this
— He never wanted to hurt me, wishes he could do this without hurting me
— This is what he NEEDS now and I have to accept it
— This has nothing to do with my behavior or anything like that, this is entirely about what he NEEDS now for himself... to be alone to look inwards psychologically and spiritually.
— Then comes the legal letter ... Sady Wonder's behavior did not change the week between BD2 and BD3 so that was the end of the relationship.  ???
— Yelling hang up phone call a few days after he left 'I TOLD YOU, I HAVE CHANGED!' First I had heard of that. He hadn't told me that before.
— What I need now is loving and nurturing from my mother!
— Wonder doesn't meet my needs (told to a friend)
— I feel small next to Wonder (told to a friend)
— He had to distance himself from me (said to pilates teacher he was infatuated with)
— He lost himself somewhere along the way of our marriage
— Everybody loves Wonder
— I look at you and can't believe you are my wife (a few months before he left)
— He panicked and does what he feels he has to do in order to achieve what he wants to achieve in life (told to a friend)
— He ALWAYS put me first, now he just wants to think about himself and re-evaluate decisions made in the past
— I am confused (told to a friend)
— I never wanted to hurt Wonder (told to a friend)
— Referred to himself as my benefactor (in legal letter, and he added up all the bills he has paid over the past few years while I was building my business).
— I know this must have come out of the blue to you and seem so out of character (explaining email) ... changed to ... Wonder has been trying to save the marriage for six months, she knew it was coming (legal letter).
— Wonder and our dog will be happier without me
— Legal letter from him arrives on our 16th wedding anniversary (nice)
— I want to spend more time with my family, but as always I was afraid to ask ... fear of conflict is my greatest weakness
— A few days after his 'marriage is over text message' I get emails addressed to 'Hi sweets and Hi love.... wanting to pop in to pick things etc and arrange time'.
— H texted pilates teacher to ask her to meet him for coffee so he could explain to her why he has left me. Ummm ... how about talking to your wife first and letting your wife know why you have left her! She said no ... she doesn't meet other women's husbands for coffee.
— There is nothing to talk about!!!!
— He is leaving for his mental health
— There is no rush ... changes to .... IMMEDIATELY via his lawyer re dividing assets

There will be others I have forgotten but that's a good start.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 07:09:55 PM by Wonder »
Together 22 years
Married 16 years
May 2019 BD 'The marriage feels one-sided, could you rub my feet more'. I just got confused.
May - Sept H starts traveling much more.
September 2019 H runs away via text message
Moves in with his mother for 'loving and nurturing'
His legal separation is underway since Jan 2020

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.