Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word

D
Off-Topic Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#60: October 15, 2018, 12:24:01 PM
Nah has inspired me to write my own book about STBXW.  I think I will call it:  She.Said.Far.Too.Many.Words ;D
M=51
W=47
D=8
BD Feb 17 Thinking of divorce
Atomic BD June 17 Spying revealed OM at work
Still home.  Threatened to leave several times and has asked me to leave about a dozen. 
Says divorce proceedings will start Jan 18.
She has scheduled mediation Feb 7,  2018
I moved out March 16, 2018
Several mediations, mostly instigated by me.  Foot dragging by STBXW.  Nothing filed. Yet.
5/2019 STBXW filed D behind my back despite signed agreement to mediate.
I retain attorney.
STBXW still hasn't told me and no further action.
Elephant in the room has been addressed.  No further action atm.  Weighing my options.
12/16/19  She files financial paperwork.  Divorce proceeding.

• Mentor
Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#61: October 15, 2018, 12:37:25 PM
Know any good proofreaders?   :)

No I do it all myself..  :-\ I have a pretty keen eye for reading and writing. I've been writing this one book for the last 5 years at least. I'm on my dozen-th or so re-write right now  ;D I think I'm on my final version. Fingers crossed.

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
#62: October 15, 2018, 02:42:54 PM
Nah has inspired me to write my own book about STBXW.  I think I will call it:  She.Said.Far.Too.Many.Words ;D

Omg,... I just spit out my drink.  ;D ;D ;D
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

D
#63: October 15, 2018, 03:24:09 PM
Chapter 1:  In Which Pooh Learns How to Burn All The Bridges
M=51
W=47
D=8
BD Feb 17 Thinking of divorce
Atomic BD June 17 Spying revealed OM at work
Still home.  Threatened to leave several times and has asked me to leave about a dozen. 
Says divorce proceedings will start Jan 18.
She has scheduled mediation Feb 7,  2018
I moved out March 16, 2018
Several mediations, mostly instigated by me.  Foot dragging by STBXW.  Nothing filed. Yet.
5/2019 STBXW filed D behind my back despite signed agreement to mediate.
I retain attorney.
STBXW still hasn't told me and no further action.
Elephant in the room has been addressed.  No further action atm.  Weighing my options.
12/16/19  She files financial paperwork.  Divorce proceeding.

• Mentor
#64: October 15, 2018, 05:53:07 PM
Dis, you're making me laugh!   ;D

I'll buy it.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

A
  • Mentor
#65: October 15, 2018, 09:19:07 PM
IM  curious as to what some opinions are from people that haven't experienced what we all have. When they read it , do they feel the pain? do they understand it?

I imagine it feels awesome to get your side of the story out.  It's something I've dreamed about since the beginning.   How to correct the impression family & friends have based solely on what the MLCer has told them.   

I know I was painted with a very flawed brush.  It's likely why so many people are able to say something to  the MLCer like, "oh you poor man - you needed to leave and you deserve to be happy!"   It's probably why a lot of people take sides with the betrayer believing the tall tales about the evil wife.   

All the while, my MLCer said to me (and still says), "it was a good marriage but something was missing".   Poor man took all that 'something missing' with him when he left and now he says he  will never be happy.  I tend to agree with him. 

You've done something big to get your truth out and at the same time it must have been quite cathartic for you.   Have to admit I'm a little envious.   :P 

nah

#66: October 16, 2018, 04:45:10 AM
I imagine it feels awesome to get your side of the story out.  It's something I've dreamed about since the beginning.   

That's step one.

(1) Dream it.
(2) Plan it.
(3) Do it.

Have to admit I'm a little envious.   :P 

Good!!  Channel that feeling and make it happen for you.

I'm not a professional writer (obviously by some of the comments... ;D ;D ). 

So?

Still didn't stop me.

I've done so many things, so many things that the biggest challenge of the book was cutting out so many juicy stories.  I couldn't write about everything.  90% of the things I did since he left, I had a million reasons why it couldn't be done.  Let's face it, there really is only one reason it really can't be done, it can't be done if you don't at least try.

I've had so many people make comments over the years that they could never do the things I have done because...

"I don't have enough money".... I worked crazy fire trucking over time, 60-80 hours a week, and then would squeeze in working on the house I was left.  I just didn't sleep, not healthy but it was how I did it.

"I'm too afraid".... Me too!  Wicked Firetrucking afraid.  Being brave isn't about not having fears, it's about facing them.

"I'm too shy".... "The Leaver" was my first boyfriend because I couldn't even look at boys I was so shy.  I didn't even go to my high school prom because of my shyness.

"I'm too old, too fat, too ugly"....  All in our heads.  We are what we want to be.

Travel to that Destination, Wear the Dress, Kiss that Guy and Write that Book!!

H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

s
#67: October 16, 2018, 05:00:31 PM
Can I borrow your chainsaw?!? 

The part where you share how little ole' you took care of that downed tree that MLCer had ignored just makes me smile. 

BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

nah

#68: October 16, 2018, 06:10:18 PM
Can I borrow your chainsaw?!? 

The part where you share how little ole' you took care of that downed tree that MLCer had ignored just makes me smile.

Haha.... wish I could, I sold it, along with everything else.

For a little more fun with that chapter, play the title.  Every chapter title is a song title and that song is one of my favorites.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfFZqTlWrQ

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:23:01 PM by nah »
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

S
#69: October 16, 2018, 09:19:26 PM
Congrats on the book Nah!!!!  You should write, you do have a gift. I like what Anon said about getting their story out. I think we all would like to be validated that we have lived thru crazy!!! We want the world to recognize that there is a very serious issue of MLC. It’s not a joke about a paunching 50 yo man buying the red sports car looking for 20 yo. It is so much more devastating and derisive than that. The consequences of this affliction are so life altering for so many. I want to shout protect, support and believe the LBS but once again it makes the LBS look like the crazy ones.
Thanks for trying to let us be heard and recognized!!!!
I care🤗
H 51
W 58
M 22 Years
2 AD both married from my first M
BD 12/15 moved out-in replay, vanisher, MOW in Atlanta
D 2/17

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.