Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
Off-Topic Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#70: October 17, 2018, 04:54:16 PM
  It’s not a joke about a paunching 50 yo man buying the red sports car looking for 20 yo.

Even though mine did get a red sports car and was driving around girls in their 20's (like I said, he does check off every MLC box)

Thanks for trying to let us be heard and recognized!!!!

I just received this message from a "hockey mom", someone who knew us when he was normal.

I just finished reading your book! I read it in a day 1/2
  You are an unbelievable woman! My heart still hasn’t settled down from your story. Knowing you and your family, reading each page was heart wrenching. But also, reading how truthful and raw your emotions were. It was BEAUTIFULLY written!
 I can’t tell you enough how HAPPY I am for you and "E" to have found each other. It’s strange how God works his miracles into our lives. Who knows? Hopefully he is working w "Veruca" and that chapter has another beautiful ending!! 

This was kind of a sigh of relief for me.  I honestly wasn't sure how some of our friends from what seems so long ago would think about it.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

s
Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#71: October 17, 2018, 06:27:30 PM
Pink with a chainsaw - yeah, that song was pretty fitting for that chapter! 

I did wonder how people that know both of you will react to your book and if they would share their feelings with you. 

If you hear from Peggy and Arnold B., I sure hope you'll let us know!   ;)

BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

nah

#72: October 17, 2018, 07:07:31 PM
The only person I gave a head's up was "nature-guy", it just seemed like the right thing to do.

He just bought a copy tonight and said he would let me know...  :D

In a weird way I think Peggy is going to love it,... good or bad she just craves attention.

H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

• Mentor
#73: October 27, 2018, 03:32:50 AM
Well, well...guess what Nah?

I told you I have a Nook, not a Kindle so I was going to have to wait until your book came out in paperback.

I was looking around on some apps I have on my laptop (Windows 8), that I've never used, and found I could download a free Kindle's app.   ;D

I downloaded it, went and updated my Amazon account and bought your e-book! 

I'm loving to so far.  Very well written.
I could so relate to many parts of your story.  Did so much of the same after my 1st D.   Crazy stuff.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:02:59 PM by Thunder »
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

nah

#74: October 27, 2018, 10:52:30 AM
Oh good. It will be so much easier when it’s a paperback

Well he called, I didn’t answer.

Maybe I angered the beast.

;D

H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

• Mentor
#75: October 27, 2018, 02:06:48 PM
Yeah who knows?  He could be anger or even hurt, or in trouble with ow-bride, you said your truth and I hope he can see now how all this hurt you tremendously for a long time.

If not, oh well...   :)
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

nah

#76: October 28, 2018, 03:43:24 AM
Yeah, who knows and who cares.

He will never understand that this is NOT about HIM.  It's about my healing and to give other people like me hope. If he doesn't like the story well then, he should have behaved better.

It's a new one though, a call without a follow up message, weird. 
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

• Mentor
#77: October 28, 2018, 04:04:24 AM
I agree.  This was not about him, he can take it anyway he wants.

Of course the "evil Evelyn" in me hopes his new bride reads it. 

I know UM, hades.   :)

#78: October 28, 2018, 06:25:05 AM
I agree with Shocked.
I truly wish all the "Leavers" can read your book so they can understand the deep hurt we have gone through and still go through for some of us.   And if the Leaver, his family and/or his skank have read it, well, now they will know.  I read so much of me in your book.  Aside from my MIL texting now and then no one else in H's family reached out to me.  I think they may have only heard his side of it all and accept the OW as if it is all just dandy and justified.  I can only hope MIL may have said something to some family since she knows most of how it all went down.  She saw me in horrible pain and knew there was an OW.  But I wouldn't count on it. Or maybe they all just turn their heads and carry on.   I've not had any opportunity to voice my side to H's family about what happened.  As you said in your book, blood is thicker than water, so seems pointless.  And my H comes from an italian background.  I get that allegiance to your family is first and foremost but at least reach out to the son/daughter in law who has been part of the family for a good chunk of their lives - don't just disregard them like the "Leaver" did.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your story nah and thanks for putting it out there.  If you are ever back in Cali, hope we can meet up.  :)
“In the end, you’ve got to be your own hero because everyone’s busy trying to save themselves.”

M
#79: October 28, 2018, 08:07:20 AM
Nah, as you say, if you just wanted to write the book for yourself and for people like us who already know some of the history of what you're talking about, your book is certainly great. In fact, it would be valuable for any newbies to read. I wonder if it could be suggested reading somewhere on this site.

However, if being out in the bookstores is what you might want later, then the advice Anjae and Goner gave you is invaluable. Usually, you don't get that stuff for free. I say this because I wrote a book 10 years ago, although it didn't get published. I had a literary agent in New York and she proposed my book to the main editing houses. I was supposed to re-write it for some of them. Then my life starting falling apart and I had no time for a re-write.

However, the editors who gave me some time, wrote pretty much exactly what Goner said, and they said it in exactly the same way, which really hurt at first. Once I had slept on the information, I realized that I had been given a year's worth or writing lessons in a paragraph. Friends will never tell you the truth and that would hinder your work from going further.

Regarding reaching a broader audience, publishers want to hear this if they are going to invest in you. Every LBS in the world would want a copy of your book and that's hundreds of thousands of us maybe? Also anyone who has had a bad breakup, was cheated on, plus anyone who has low self esteem, who has failed, who feels life cheated them, would get something from your book. And your humour would probably appeal to many others even though they would not have anything in common with the story.

To reach the broader audience you would have to include something for them all, and that is probably a general story incorporated into the MLC journey you describe.

Sorry if I rambled but I really wish you to enjoy all of it, bookstores and all, if that's what you wish for.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.