Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster a view into MLC from a MLCer

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
MLC Monster Re: a view into MLC from a MLCer
#10: August 20, 2014, 03:52:29 PM
i needed to read this, it really explains a lot. can't wait to read the second part!
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
secret trip with OW June 2014
moved out to live with OW July 2014
left state with ow to go to treatment Nov 2014
Ow gave birth to OC June 2015
h is on probation back here at home
H married ow dec 2015 while still being legally married to me
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA
still says he loves me but he has to grow as a person

• When the world sends you lemons - make lemonade!
Re: a view into MLC from a MLCer
#11: August 20, 2014, 05:38:41 PM
Thank you very much for posting this.

I, like others, look forward to reading part 2.

The depression could no longer be silenced, I finally hit rock bottom – I woke up one morning in my apartment looking at my sleeping affair partner with a fragmented memories from an alcohol induced fog from the night before.  In my hangover stupor I was suddenly struck by deep feelings of anxiety - I did not really know the person who lay beside me.  She was a stranger to me – she had been a welcomed distraction nothing more – once again I was struck by deep feelings of despair – only this time the despair was overwhelming and there was nowhere left to run – I was exhausted.

I have read the stories of other (recovered) MLCers - and never before have I read an explanation of how and what happened when the MLCer "woke up."  Most of the time, the MLCer is not able to describe it very well.

This is the first time I have read an account by an MLCer that describes the "aha" moment. 

I have always asked the question "How do they ever wake up?"  Probably the poor LBS that I have met and talked with are frustrated and tired of me asking that same question.  I just never could understand.  I didn't get how or why an MLCer would (after running away and escaping) - FINALLY WAKE UP and see that he/she really messed up.

This post explains it so clearly.  For those of you (including myself) who think that the OW (especially an OW who has been around for quite a while) - will somehow "work out".....this post clearly explains it.  He woke up with a complete stranger laying beside him. 

I get it now. 

She was a welcomed distraction and nothing more.  This really doesn't say much about the OW.   This screams VOLUMES about what the MLCer is feeling and thinking.  This person is of no importance.  A welcomed distraction and nothing more.

I truly appreciate this post and the insite that it brings.

L
M -62,  ExH - 69 (56 at BD)
M - 33 years (do the last 3 years count?)
D - 33, D -29, S - 29
BD 5/29/2010, Ran away from home - 8/15/2010,
Found out about affair - 2/11
H asks for divorce - 8/11
H filed for divorce 10/11
Announced "new" girlfriend 12/12 (3rd OW)
Divorce final 06/13 (I decided to finish it)
Dumped OW#3 9/15 (After 4 years)
Married OW#1 2019
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions For Newbies
The Mentor Program
Report Technical Problems

t
#12: August 20, 2014, 05:53:56 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. 
BD Feb 2014
DONE

l
#13: August 20, 2014, 06:40:42 PM
Please write more.  This gives such insight.
If my husband never returns home at least maybe I can understand.  My heart was breaking as I was reading.  I can't imagine the pain and lonliness that you felt.

Mentor - Phoenix

w
#14: August 20, 2014, 09:50:00 PM
Thank you so much for posting this - it humanizes the other side of this experience, for sure!  There ARE real people in those mlcers.  Lonely and afraid.  :(
Peace, Serenity, Grace....

L
#15: August 20, 2014, 10:13:03 PM
Thank you to you and your friend for sharing this !
BD 4/13- found text on to ph to OW-told him to leave
Been living with OW and her kids after leaving his family
Bought a motorcycle and started drinking after 15 years

c
#16: August 20, 2014, 10:15:11 PM
Thanks for sharing.

B
  • She Believed she could...so she did
#17: August 20, 2014, 10:30:22 PM
Thank you!

P
#18: August 20, 2014, 11:06:00 PM
Thank you for sharing this.  We all must wonder what the viewpoint of our spouse is.  Looking forward to Part 2
Me 45
H.   46
BD. March 2014
D16. S12 S8

SSG

• If you're going through hell, keep going. W.C.
#19: August 20, 2014, 11:19:40 PM
Thank you for posting your friend's story, moment.

There is something to be said for the admiration of someone who does not really know you – your failures, your demons, your past – you can pretend to be someone else – it’s a fresh start – a blank slate to create a new more exciting life, a new more exciting you – it feels empowering. 

And this is why OW/OM is so alluring. A total strager (or someone from the past whith whom the MLCer has lost contact) that can be told whatever the MLCer wants and knows nothing about the MLCer.

Thank you so much moment...this helps so very many of us.  The statement above says it all!

SSG
Even if you are the minority of one, the truth is the truth.   Mahatma Ghandi

Together-17 years
M- 15 Yrs
BD- June 24, 2013
Affair began May 2012
moved in with OW August 2013
Aug 2014, H diagosed with terminal cancer
H filed for divorce Sept 2014
H Died 3 March, 2015

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.