Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Rebuilding Adopting a New Life IV

My Story Rebuilding Re: Adopting a New Life IV
#30: July 27, 2016, 05:08:10 PM
Thank you for the update.

Wish you, your family and little Adorable the best of luck.

Hugs.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Adopting a New Life IV
#31: March 22, 2017, 11:36:26 AM
Wow! I did not realize it had been so long since I've posted an update.
Things are really hectic these days... and right now they are tough because the kids have Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease and cannot go out (no school, no church, no home visits...) for at least a week. Two were diagnosed Monday and two had fevers the other day which was how it started and they are now starting to develop the rash. FUN! :o Last night I did get some sleep though, so that was a relief.

So what is going on with me!
Well, the baby is now 10 months old and doing well--other than her case of the rash being severe. She still has parental visits (canceled while she sick), but they are inconsistent and the case plan just changed to a track toward adoption.
The bigger news is that her mother is pregnant and due in mid-May--though she tends to deliver early, so April is a likelihood. That means we will likely have another little adorable (totaling 5  8)) soon. We need a new car to fit them all--the new car we got almost 2 years ago is still not big enough when you add car seats!

In October we found property. We were not really looking, but sometimes we would check out what is out there and we fell in love! It's beautiful and priced right. So we needed to sell our rental. The tenants were out at the beginning of this month, it went on the market less than two weeks ago and within 45 hours we had accepted an offer for a little more than asking--because of what we will pay in closing. BUT now comes the appraisal and inspection and this is an old house... We are probably going to have to take some more off or do things before closing. New roof, maybe some plumbing and electrical updates--we just got an initial inspection report and poor Chuck is sick with anxiety over it. He said he wishes he could go to sleep and wake up in May when it will all be over. But even with what our agent just recommended we are still above our low-end goal... so positive!

We are waiting to make an offer on the property--we could do a contingency, but he has been talking to the developer and yesterday they met with an excavator. Chuck said now that he has let the developer know of our interest he feels confident...though excavation is more than he thought. But maybe not really, because that was if he does everything now and we don't need everything done now. We don't want to start building (other than maybe a shed, garage or outbuildings) for at least 3 years. So all we need is the space leveled (it can then have a few years to settle) and maybe the road cut in--there is a road, but there is an old road adjoining the property which we may be able to get and it has better access. No septic needed yet...

And then there is my project. I have decided it is time to bite the bullet and self-publish The Hero's Spouse. This is a serious project and I want it done professionally--so not some cheap book that costs only a couple thousand dollars. I need professional editing, design and marketing. I have a quote for that at 24K. My thoughts have been that this is great timing since we will have $ coming from the rental sale. I don't want all of it paid from that--10-14. But Chuck's thought is the timing is terrible because that money is for the property and then to go into the bank for later building. My thought is that I could help pay with money earned from sales. His thought is that books are obsolete and no one will buy it. Don't get too mad it him for that (I do that too much already). It's not personal, he has always had a hard time believing in anyone--self-esteem issues projected onto the world.

For the past weeks or maybe couple months I have been researching how to start a Kickstarter Crowdfunding campaign. It's a huge deal. For those of you who don't know, crowdfunding is a way to earn money through pledges. That means when it comes time I will be posting more here and at the blog with links to the campaign. Right now the big challenge is the Kickstarter video--not a requirement, but an absolute necessity. Then I need pledge rewards. Obviously the book in e-book and print format, but what about for higher pledges--book plus what? I have hypnotherapy training and am working on a relaxation/hypnosis audio for another step up in the pledges. Above that I've seen rewards for multiple books, so that may be another tier.

Once I have the funds to pay the publisher, they said it is about a 6 month turn around to market. I don't know how long until though...because I don't know how long it will take me to get the Kickstarter Campaign ready--and then it will run for about 30 days and I am going to ask for 10 - 14K--somewhere in that range, I have to have it finalized when I start and I only get the money if I reach the funding goal. And new baby is going to be addicted...mom is still using. So that could bring some challenges as we don't know what additional special needs he (it's a boy) will have.

WHEW...not sure if I covered everything. But at least that is a start.

• Mentor
#32: March 22, 2017, 12:13:07 PM
That all sounds amazing, RCR.  The property, the baby and the book!!   ;D  Lots going on.

I'm sure we will all buy a copy. 

I have never heard of anyone getting Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  How do you even get that?
I hope the kids get over it soon.  Sounds awful.

Good luck with everything!
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

#33: March 22, 2017, 12:33:05 PM
I work in audio and video production, RCR. If you're interested in checking out some of my work let me know, and we can discuss your needs if you think I'm a fit to help out. :) Would love to see HS become all you dream it to be. Awesome on all of the great blessings that are coming your way!

S
  • Mentor
#34: March 22, 2017, 09:02:35 PM
So happy for you that life is entirely normal for you now.  Reading your update reminds me I too used to have a life like yours and at the time I didn't realize how precious it was.  Enjoy your children as this is the best time of your life, children's laughter is such a gift.

Looking forward to the book RCR, are we all in it?  I bet we all think we are ;)
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#35: March 25, 2017, 12:49:03 PM
I have never heard of anyone getting Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  How do you even get that?
I hope the kids get over it soon.  Sounds awful.[/quote

It's a relatively common childhood illness and it is apparently going around the county right now. Adults are unlikely to get it because we typically have been exposed and have immunity...
BUT apparently Chuck did not have immunity because he has it and an adult male sick at home is... let's just say high maintenance.
He came home from work early on Thursday with the fever. He now has a rash on his feet--so walking is difficult and it may be going down his throat because eating is a huge challenge.

I can't even go shopping because I can't take the kids out and he is not well enough to be a caregiver. Fortunately we shouldn't need milk until Monday and I can go out then or maybe tomorrow if he's a bit better. The kids are doing fine, but still contagious since they have rashes, so the period of feeling sick doesn't last as long as the quarantine period.

I am so looking forward to walking to the mailbox in a few hours--it's at the end of the block and those 2 minutes will be my time out!

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#36: April 27, 2017, 02:08:00 PM
Just got the call 3 minutes ago...so I've told my Mom and no one you guys! :D
Baby boy was born yesterday. He was flown out--not the opposite direction of the other two that were flown out at birth, so is his situation not as bad--why not flow over the mountains...but either way he is 3 hours away, so still serious. But the caseworker has no other info other than that he had to be flown out. She also knows he has no name yet and is 5lbs.
We picked up his sister at 11 days, so we will likely pick him up in less than two weeks and it could be sooner than she was if he is doing better than she was.

N
#37: April 27, 2017, 03:26:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, RCR!!!  How awesome is that.  One thing ... How in the HECK do you keep up with your schedule?  You are absolutely amazing.

I can't wait to buy a copy of the book to add to my library!!!  I will be honored.

S
  • Mentor
#38: April 27, 2017, 09:57:22 PM
Congratulations RCR, will you get to name him?
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

h
    • Clare Brown Life Coach
#39: April 27, 2017, 10:36:12 PM
Soo exciting. Another little precious human that needs your boundless love. Look forward to hearing more x
BD's in May 09, Sept 12 - suspected OW
Left home Jan 12 2013
OW confirmed Feb 2013
Moved home April 11 2014
BD again in April 2017 - clinging. 
Moved home again March 2020
Moved out July 2017
Moved home March 2020
D21, D19 and S17

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.