OW  May orJune,2017 maybe even longer
Currently 2018
Me40, W38
S10,D10,S9

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
Re: Adopting a New Life IV
#71: November 18, 2018, 04:52:16 PM
So happy for you & Chuck, RCR.  God bless you, and your entire brood.

Just know that if you've single-handedly saved even ONE marriage - although, I would bet it's more than that - all of your efforts have been well worth it! 

So, thank you.  I'm (still) praying.

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
#72: November 18, 2018, 06:40:56 PM
P.s. "Standing may be the hardest thing you ever do."

Holy Sh!!t - you were not kidding. xo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:42:52 PM by megogirl »

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#73: November 19, 2019, 01:44:12 PM
Just a quick post to check in and update… 
Wow just saw the date on my last update...a year ago for the adoption. I did not realize it had been that long.

My Father-in-Law was recently diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is in his last days—likely hours; he is 83 years old. We saw him just before anyone knew something was wrong at the end of August. It was the next week that he was rushed to the hospital. He is now at home on hospice.
Chuck has been going home every Tuesday for the day to see him and until last week and each of the bigger kids got to go with him once to see Grandpa.
He is visiting him now and called when he turned on his Dad’s street because about 45 minutes before his brother had started sending a flurry of texts, he wanted to know what he was walking into. I don’t know what the texts said, because he called a bit later to say his Dad was sleeping.
Yesterday he began to go through periods where he lost his ability to speak; this was apparently frustrating for him since he is still aware.

Please keep Chuck and his father Joe in your prayers.

In other personal news…

Some of you may know that a few years ago we bought some property—10 acres inn a local canyon. The unofficial build date is for March 2021--~17 months away. So I have been spending a lot of my time designing home plans. Chuck has a builder in mind, but we have not yet met. I’m eager to meet with him to discuss my vision and if he can work with us—he’s one of the canyon neighbors I think.
I am very excited about this, though I will admit it doesn’t feel real yet!

I am almost ready to post my Paving the Way articles that will follow the original from a few years ago and the thread I ran this Summer. I had to find a new email sending service and this will be the first test of it. I am soooo very nervous! That seems silly to me, but I really am. It’s been two years since I posted and I had to clean out the email list—removed dead emails… I stripped it to half! I am going to be using Amazon’s sending service, so I’m nervous about that too…it took quite a bit for me to get it set-up and I hope I did it right—the trial emails have arrived without a glitch, so everything seems fine!
I already edited the original post]https://loveanyway.theherosspouse.com/2013/07/08/what-is-paving-the-way/]original post with some updates and it will become the first of a series. When I send my first newsletter out, it will be with that post (brief teaser/excerpt).

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#74: November 26, 2019, 08:23:56 AM
My Father-in-Law died a few hours after my last post. We will be going over there for the funeral next week--Monday and returning on Wednesday.

This morning at 4:13 I had been with our 2-year-old in his room and returned to our room, climbed in bed and then BUMP...the bed broke. We thought that a slat had just fallen underneath--happened before when the cat bumped it. NOPE It is broken--our sleigh bed we got when we got married! Wood splinters, fallen railing... I finished the morning back in the boys room where everyone soon woke up. ;D I might be low on sleep, but I am so blessed.

Oh, a couple of weeks ago at cub scouts Serenity's scout leader asked if I was her Grandma ::). Thanks :P
I get it more with the 2 and 3-year-old, but Serenity is 7! Come on, how old do I look! She was born before my 40th birthday--not much before, but technically before. ;)

• Mentor
#75: November 26, 2019, 09:03:09 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of your FIL, RCR. 

Sending prayers for the family.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Mentor
#76: November 26, 2019, 10:06:50 AM
So sorry for your loss RCR.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
#77: November 26, 2019, 02:43:13 PM
Obviously not too old to be riding sleigh beds til they break:)

I´m sorry about Chuck´s Dad- pancreatic cancer is brutal on the patient and on the family.
Do you have a Thanksgiving ritual that connects to him?
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

#78: November 26, 2019, 03:50:22 PM
So sorry for your loss, safe travels for the memorial and hope you have a lovely holiday with Chuck and the kids.
BD End of April 2017
Moved out - kind of, May 2017
Denied affair
Cycled hard April - Oct 2017, my son figured out affair, I confronted husband, we were going away as a family for the weekend - H monsters hard and files for a D end of Oct, 2017
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes
He lives in monster, kids haven’t been with him overnight since Jan 2019
Moved in with MOW, a former friend of mine, May 2019

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
#79: November 28, 2019, 08:37:17 AM
So sorry for your and Chuck's loss RCR.
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.