Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info Forum workings

M
Forum-Info Re: Forum workings
#20: May 18, 2010, 07:04:46 PM
It's just a box with the word "new" in it, and if you click on it, it takes you to the part of the post that you last read, so you can read only the new posts on that thread. It's very convenient.
M38 H43 M8 T12 Bomb 3/2010
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.  ~Mark Twain

Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.  ~Marlene Dietrich

The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.  ~Ghandi

• Administrator
Re: Forum workings
#21: May 18, 2010, 09:07:46 PM
Interesting on my home computer the default size looks much better. Thats what I am on now. Let me see what this post looks like.

It looks fine.   IDK? I will ask my computer expert.

S
  • MLCer Type: Low-Energy
#22: May 19, 2010, 06:09:25 AM
It's just a box with the word "new" in it, and if you click on it, it takes you to the part of the post that you last read, so you can read only the new posts on that thread.

I didn't know that. Awesome!
H43, M44
M 22 years
T  23 years
3 Kids
Crisis began 4/08
Divorced 2/13

• Administrator
#23: May 29, 2010, 07:52:08 AM
RCR has asked everyone to keep to one thread until  that thread is 150 posts.. Please help her to maintain this site for us by abiding by those rules.
It also makes it easier on those of us trying to read all these threads and give you advice to stick to this format.

This is in big type and bold so no one will miss it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:22:27 AM by OldPilot »

t
#24: May 29, 2010, 09:38:21 AM
I just wanted to add that I really like this forum as well.  RCR, I have looked forward to each newsletter you send out since I started receiving them a few months back.  For me, I really need to understand MLC, not just try to survive living with someone going through it.  It has certainly helped me with patience and being understanding.

I also agree with HB about this forum seeming to be more "peaceful" than others, and I like the vibe here a lot better.

j
#25: May 29, 2010, 12:12:11 PM
RCR

The latest newsletter is great, very interesting and very topical at the moment. I always look forward to them and keep them all.

Thanks for your continuing hard work.
Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.
~ Author Unknown

I get the best feeling in the world when you say hi or even smile at me because I know, even if its just for a second, that I've crossed your mind.
~ Author Unknown

The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions for Newbies

• Administrator
#26: June 06, 2010, 03:41:02 AM
RCR

This is just a question about the coaching archives. Maybe its just me since I havent read every word of each one but the dates that are in their seem all mixed up. Is their an easy way to read them in time order(I am talking for each indvidual thread)? I was just reading one and it seemed to skip all around in dates. Am I missing something?

Sorry to be such a pain.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#27: June 06, 2010, 04:11:15 AM
Hmmm,

I don't know why they would be mixed up. But I'm assuming first that you are talking about the ones I had to transfer from my personal files and thus I added dates at the top--so the dates listed by the forum auto-dater mean nothing.

If that's the case...which thread or threads? I can check my archives--I could have messed up the dates--and then compare them to the original receipt in the emails too.

The only real dates are at the top. There is at least one--TrustandLove's--where there are also dates in the middle. Those are simply the dates I oulled her comments from the forum I was reading. When she contacted me I went back to her forum to familiarize myself with her situation and read 2-3 years worth--she had not been a prolific poster. So since I was pulling information that was from 2 years ago, I put the dates on the comments.

But D Money, Amazing. Andy57...they were all directly to me and should follow in an orderly fashion.

• Administrator
#28: June 06, 2010, 04:38:58 AM
Maybe I am getting confused by the dates from the forum. In general the oldest posts should be at the top and the newest at the end? Is this correct?

Ok I went back and looked again and I am correct with what I said above.

I was getting confused between the different years and the forum dates that make it seem like it is conflicting times.

I apologize for creating any confusion, but MLC is confusion. LOL
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:14:51 AM by OldPilot »

• Administrator
#29: June 21, 2010, 09:34:53 AM
RCR has asked everyone to keep to one thread until  that thread is 10 pages. Please help her to maintain this site for us by abiding by those rules.
It also makes it easier on those of us trying to read all these threads and give you advice to stick to this format.

This is in big type and bold so no one will miss it.

Bumping this up for newbies.
Please help us out while RCR is on vacation.
Try to stick to your one thread.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.