Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Hurricane check in thread..

• Mentor
Off-Topic Hurricane check in thread..
OP: September 06, 2017, 08:04:29 PM
I figured this would be a nice place to inquire about or post your status for members or family members. We care about those too!

I'm in Tampa.. Doing fine right now. Who was in Ft Meyers? I'm so sorry.. :-[ no expectations? Never say never?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:44:38 PM by OldPilot »

• Mentor
Re: Hurricane check in thread..
#1: September 07, 2017, 07:50:07 AM
I looked and my sister is in Lake Wales, more inland from Tampa.

I'm watching the storm pattern.  She's hunkering down.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
  • One day at a time. And time is my friend.
#2: September 09, 2017, 02:26:10 AM
Gman,

Current track has irma headed your way more than mine.  We are still expecting hurricane force winds though.

Thunder, your sister will most likely get hurricane force too.

Stay safe, everyone!
Married 11 1/2 years, together 18.  BD 9/2016, 2nd BD 10/16.  H moved out 10/16.  2 AS's from my first M.  Me 55, H 50. OW 23.  Moved back 4/18.  Reconnecting and working on our M.

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through; how you managed to survive.  You won't even be sure if the storm is really over.  But one thing is certain; when you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in...that's what this storm is all about."

"The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones."

• Administrator
#3: September 09, 2017, 05:08:49 AM
Praying for you all, at this moment the hurricane has not really turned towards the north yet so who knows where it will really go.

Try to stay safe.

A
#4: September 09, 2017, 10:42:47 AM
Be safe Gman. Praying for you.

Caribbean is going to get hit again. Daughter is now bracing for Hurricane Jose. Cat 2 already. She and the XH are bracing for round 2. Katina is next. All prayers are appreciated.
-You just can't make this s*it up.
-Not my circus, not my monkeys!

A
#5: September 09, 2017, 03:06:25 PM
USVI is devastated.

OD sent pictures of the hospital, it's destroyed. Navy has set up Pop up Hospitals. Many businesses have been destroyed. The roof on over OD's apartment is gone. She may have to move because of mold. The conditions are desperate, and I'm starting a Go Fund Me campaign tomorrow. If I can post pictures, I will.

Most people have lost almost everything they own. They're in need of everything. Everything is imported, and they aren't receiving much aid due to the new storms approaching. They are in need of clean water, and other basic hygiene necessities. Food will become an issues soon.

OD and friends have enough to last a few weeks, but other people have lost everything, so they're sharing. It won't last long.

Please pray for everyone on all of the islands that have been hit. They're about to hit again, possibly by both Hurricanes Jose (cat 2) and Katina (tropical depression).

• Mentor
#6: September 09, 2017, 04:58:20 PM
Its headed right over me. Keeping an eye on it. I can head west to my parents house, who are in Ny. But that puts me towards the bad wind.. But I've got the water on my side and may need to evacuate so I'm keeping eye on everything..

All I can say is this is gonna suck.

I hope your daughter comes through ok as well as everyone else affecred over there AbFab!

Thunder, it should be better over in the middle if the state since Irma has moved over so far.

NoE, I hope you're ok! OMG prayers all around!!

• Mentor
#7: September 09, 2017, 05:13:53 PM
gman, I was thinking of you all day, as I'm been watching the storm path change.
Also for my sister.

It does sound like you are in the path right now.  Can you leave a go upward to upper FL?
Maybe just keep driving away from it as much as you can?

I have friends in Georgia who may be in the path also.

I'm still hoping there may be a turn in this storm....or at least a big down grade on the winds expected.
Keep us posted....and stay safe.

A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

A
#8: September 09, 2017, 05:25:29 PM
Its headed right over me. Keeping an eye on it. I can head west to my parents house, who are in Ny. But that puts me towards the bad wind.. But I've got the water on my side and may need to evacuate so I'm keeping eye on everything..

All I can say is this is gonna suck.

I hope your daughter comes through ok as well as everyone else affecred over there AbFab!

Thunder, it should be better over in the middle if the state since Irma has moved over so far.

NoE, I hope you're ok! OMG prayers all around!!

Stay safe, it's a cat 3, but still going to do a lot damage. Just praying that you are hunkered in. Prayers going up.

S
#9: September 09, 2017, 07:21:33 PM
Thinking of everyone who is facing this, stay safe
At BD June 2015
Me - 49
MLCH - 50
No children, unfortunately
OW - yes
Together 26 years, married 23
BD - told him to leave, OW left her H, they ran away together
Nov 2015 - H left OW as he wanted to return, lived locally while we tried
April 2016 - told him it wasn't working
Aug 2016 - H living with ow again
MLC H - not quite a vanishers, more a Hider, very little contact

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.