Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take

s
OR - good to have an update from you! 

I enjoyed Bryce, Zion and Arches.  Have not been to Canyonlands but it's on the list. 

I had to look up the Zeen.  Glad it has been such a great help to you with mobility. 

I'm also in year 8 post bomb drop and life is, indeed, very good. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

• Mentor
It is so good to read all the wonderful things people are doing. There is something very calming? Spiritual? Satisfying? All 3? in pursuing an enjoyable hobby or adventure. Growing something you can eat has its own special quality, but also experiencing the outdoors or art or creativity is  nourishing to the soul, imo. I probably enjoy it so much extra because I thought I would never do much of anything except sit for the rest of my life. I have learned patience like I never thought I could (I do nothing fast anymore, and I used to do everything fast). My mantra is "one thing at a time ".

Life sends you odd things. Last September I was thinking of an old friend. Boyfriend from many years gone by, in fact. I hadn't connected with him in some years so I looked him up on line, found it interesting that he worked on Video games my son plays and thought maybe I'd ping him later and see how he's doing. Then life got in the way.

This September, I thought of him again. When I went to look him up, I found he had died just a few weeks after I'd looked him up the last time, and the final game he had worked on had just been released when I thought of him again.

This left me feeling very odd. In hindsight,  my thinking of him last September was telling me to contact him and I ignored it. Now it's too late. He was a wonderful and special man who used words like "oodles" and "Hakuna matata" before it was trendy (pre Lion King) and the world is a poorer place for the loss of him.  I can't figure out what I actually feel because I know we had met before and I know we'll meet again, crazy as that sounds. Sad for his family, for sure, but for myself, I just don't know what I feel except that I am a better person for having known him, and that I won't be passing up any opportunities to contact someone the next time I think of them out of nowhere.
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

M
Loss is a complex thing and when you also relate it to your past even more so. Something about losing someone who knew you when. Past relationships are a history that when they leave you lose with someone. I am friends with girls I have known since I was in 5th grade and there is something comforting in people knowing you. All of you. The you before, during and after. People that hold your memories are family.  No matter the distance that life brings about. When they leave they take part of it with them that can no longer be shared or reminisced or enjoyed. So very sorry
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
I'm sorry for your loss OR.  I do understand the feeling of loss to connections from our past, and will also remember this for if I get the same feeling to reach out to someone.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

• Mentor
Thank you MadLuv and FaithWalker. As one of those strange things that happen, shortly thereafter I heard from another friend I hadn't connected with in nearly a year. She just "felt she had to talk to me". Then my son said he was going to be in the area and wanted to get together. We talked for hours, and played on the new old Wii I purchased off of eBay (never used, had the 2006 date when I booted it up). Great find, I still like Link's Crossbow Training, Nerf N-Strike and Mario Cart.

XH just had a contemporary friend die. Per S24, it has really affected him.All I could say to S was "I'm sorry it happened." It's what happens when mlc people drink themselves to death. Alcohol toxicity is real. He went very fast, too. Seems like people are dying at a faster pace than they used to, but it's probably just my current perspective.

Looking forward to a trip to see the Monarch butterflies in Central CA. I went 7 years ago and it was incredible.
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.