Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Divorced and moving forward!

t
My Story Divorced and moving forward!
#40: March 08, 2024, 05:41:21 AM
Yes. And since OWs like to compete with the W, they would also try and get resources from you just to do so, even if they weren't in debt. But he sounds like he picked an extra special one.

Yes, so bizar! Sometimes I find myself in the rabbit-hole again trying to understand why he choose her. But they definitely choose somebody worse then themselves who will tolerate their horrible behaviour..

Secure your finances and your own stability is the best advice on HS they give you! That’s also something I really want to show the newbies. In my case it’s already showing that if I didn’t do that I would be living a total $h!te-show right now.
Together for 15 years, married for 4 years
H: 33, me: 33, D: 1,5
BD: april '22 (EA + 'I want to live alone, have no responsibilities')
Left home: june '22
Divorce final: october '22

“They didn’t cheat because of who you are. They chose to cheat because of who they’re not.” ~ Charles J. Orlando

t
Divorced and moving forward!
#41: March 08, 2024, 05:53:20 AM
This is so great for me to read - that there is hope out the other side of this sh*t storm - my husband is 38 and I already felt like I maybe making excuses for him it being a MLC as he’s too young but I knowing that it can happen to younger guys - I also have small children 8,3 and 6 months - I am 10 months post bomb drop I was 6 months pregnant at the time.
I just read your story, my god what a bizar situation especially being pregnant with his child.. The selfishness just baffles me.

There’s definitely light and the end of this tunnel for us LBS! For the MLC’er in my opinion, not so much? I know it’s really difficult, especially with young kinds. You want to do everything to save the marriage so that your childeren don’t grow up in a broken home. I let myself be abused for 5 months untill I had enough. It was a hard road but I’m really proud of myself that I kicked him to the curb and used his ‘guilt’ and need to leave to give myself and my daughter a stable future (70% of custody and owning our home). Untill this day I never regretted this decision.

If you need somebody to talk with you can always DM. Hang in there! You’re strong and you can do this <3

“They didn’t cheat because of who you are. They chose to cheat because of who they’re not.” ~ Charles J. Orlando

t
Divorced and moving forward!
#42: March 08, 2024, 06:01:10 AM
Hello,

Always so good to hear from you. When I read Hollie220423, and her having a baby and all, I immediately thought of you

Hi Ready! Always lovely to hear from you. And thank you for sending Hollie to my thread. I hope it helps her and gives her strength!

He is stuck in a world where he wants to live like a teenager with not one ounce of responsibility. Unfortunately, to obtain such a life you have  1, Have really wealthy indulgent parents, 2, Win the lottery, or 3, Be so incredibly hot looking that you can become someone's eye candy. I don't think your ex is going to hit one, two, or three. So he needs to be ready for a really hard life. Just remember, his choices, his consequences.
Hahahaa loves this! Yep and the consequences are going to hit him hard the rest of his life. I don’t think he’ll ever be happy if he keeps up this mindset.

Who is making positive progress towards their stated goals?
I think it’s me haha ;-) 

So happy for you. It is nice to be in a real relationship with a person that you can deeply love. I am so happy for you. Your ex is not only jealous, but he is also going to have a lot of regret for letting the best thing that ever happened to him go.
Thank you Ready! I always appreciate your insight and responses a lot! I wish you all the best!!

t
Re: Divorced and moving forward!
#43: March 08, 2024, 06:05:29 AM
Nice to hear an update, TH.  You sound strong and moving forward at a great pace.  Keep on keeping on.  And, also, congrats on the new relationship.  Meeting someone stable, loving and whole in all ways is a huge blessing and an eye opener to the stark contrast between was is now as opposed to what once was.
Yes! You describe it so good, it’s an eye opener! I will keep going and moving forward. I’ve got this!

Thank you for your responses. You’re such a strong lady and an example for us LBS!

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.