Skip to main content

Author Topic: Interacting with Your MLCer Why is it necessary to see you as the devil?

a
  • Trial Subscriber
Interacting with Your MLCer Why is it necessary to see you as the devil?
OP: December 10, 2023, 04:36:14 PM
Ok here's my question. My MLC H is home now temporarily for xmas and to see kids. He has announced he is going to London to sell a car before going back to his home country - which is the excuse he's given kids - to care for his ailing father. My question is, I have not questioned his decision to bail on us and kids after just 3 weeks (after being away 3 months), or his decision to buy himself 2 new iphone 15s, or his decision to take a trip to London on his own instead of being with us for New Year's or into Jan. I pay all the bills, including entire mortgage, handle everything for kids and my work etc-  I have not denied him anything he's demanded. So why do I stll need to be treated as if i'm the devil? Why not be nice to me? As soon as my kids leave the room I get the stink eye. He walks around like he hates me, ignores a question I've asked, and threw away the waffle batter I made today as substandard before cooking. He delights in snubbing me. Is it necessary to make him feel better about abadoning us? Is he blaming me for ruining his life? Does that ever stop?

Why is it necessary to see you as the devil?
#1: December 11, 2023, 12:54:48 AM
Bc blaming someone else helps people to avoid holding themselves responsible for their own success and happiness, or lack of it. Bc, other than them, you were the person most involved in their life as it was. Bc anger can feel easier to do than fear or sorrow.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
Re: Why is it necessary to see you as the devil?
#2: December 11, 2023, 02:49:51 AM
In some respects it appears that he is baiting you- i.e. waffle batter- so that if you verbally explode he can justify his actions as you must be a raving lunatic. As for buying the iphones when you are the one paying the bills- again, he is seeing just how far he can go to push your buttons. Reminds me of Rep. Matt Gaetz when McCarthy was running for speaker- Gaetz finally reached the point where he couldn´t think of anything more outrageous to demand but it showed that he wanted McCarthy to grovel. So, being nicey-nice is not going to keep him or bring him back. If you´re going to be the one paying anyway, maybe tell him that you´ll book him an Air bnb for the remainder of his stay. The London trip sounds crazy- surely someone he knows could sell it and he´d save the airfare and lodging.

Remember, they know you want to save the marriage. They know that you are vulnerable. They also want what they want when they want it. Oh, and quite a few have said that they are deliberately mean/cruel so that the LBS will just give up - thereby relieving their guilt.
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Why is it necessary to see you as the devil?
#3: December 11, 2023, 03:01:56 AM
Bc blaming someone else helps people to avoid holding themselves responsible for their own success and happiness, or lack of it. Bc, other than them, you were the person most involved in their life as it was. Bc anger can feel easier to do than fear or sorrow.

In some respects it appears that he is baiting you- i.e. waffle batter- so that if you verbally explode he can justify his actions as you must be a raving lunatic. As for buying the iphones when you are the one paying the bills- again, he is seeing just how far he can go to push your buttons.  Reminds me of Rep. Matt Gaetz when McCarthy was running for speaker- Gaetz finally reached the point where he couldn´t think of anything more outrageous to demand but it showed that he wanted McCarthy to grovel. So, being nicey-nice is not going to keep him or bring him back. If you´re going to be the one paying anyway, maybe tell him that you´ll book him an Air bnb for the remainder of his stay. The London trip sounds crazy- surely someone he knows could sell it and he´d save the airfare and lodging.

Remember, they know you want to save the marriage. They know that you are vulnerable. They also want what they want when they want it. Oh, and quite a few have said that they are deliberately mean/cruel so that the LBS will just give up - thereby relieving their guilt.

Could not have said it better then these two replies.....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.