Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Forum Problems

Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems
#160: August 13, 2018, 09:34:19 AM
It is about creating a site that ALL users can access AND that Google thinks they can access.
[/font][/size][/color]

Oh, we can access, in the sense we can arrive to the page. And we manage to log-in (sort-of, Serenity couldn't and probably others also couldn't). But we can't funcion with it.

A responsive theme is meant to change according to the device the user uses--meaning it does the opposite of neglect, it considers everyone's viewing experience.

I know, except this one, and the new one before are not that at all. They don't adjust. They are dreadful, unreadable, colour headache on a computer.

And going by what several members that saw it on a phone, they weren't good for phones either (I don't have a smartphone, and even if I had, I would not come to the forum on my phone) so I can't say how it looks on a phone.

A test site is the thing to do. Sir Osis (or whomever is working) should have a phone to check. In fact, should have Android and Iphone and try all browsers in each. The test site link could be given if members feedback is wanted. That way, the board wouldn't keep being disrupted.

Tablets will also need to be tested.

Colours are easy to change on the code (source). Having a colour pantone with the each colour code helps. Fonts and its size are also easy to change.

Now, logged-in I have the old grey-green design, but logged-off I had the dreadful blue theme and layout (the layout/design itself of the blue theme is also terrible) mixed with a couple of grey-green bars. Will log-off and see how it looks.

As a funny aside, you should know never, ever, to start anything new, let alone tech related, on a Mercury Retrograde.  :P ;D
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Re: Forum Problems
#161: August 13, 2018, 09:40:08 AM
I logged-off. That way I still see a mix of the new theme and the old theme, some colours/part of colours are old theme, font, missing icons, no name under thread owner, etc are new there.

It is annoying and confusing. Any way of having the old theme when logged-off? 
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

• Mentor
Re: Forum Problems
#162: August 13, 2018, 09:43:44 AM
It is back to normal! Thank God (or RCR if it was you).

New thread
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10341.0

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:47:43 AM by OldPilot »
"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.