Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info How Do I copy & Paste a Link - Link to my old thread?

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum-Info How Do I copy & Paste a Link - Link to my old thread?
OP: February 04, 2011, 11:49:52 AM
How to copy and paste a link.
This is useful for pasting a link from a new thread to an old thread and vice versa.

I find it useful to keep two windows open—one for the thread link you are copying and another for the thread where you are pasting.

For simplicity I will refer to the thread you are copying as #1 and the thread where you are pasting as #2.

Open thread #1. You can open any page, but I personally find it most helpful for people linking to link to the entire thread rather than a single page. Do this by making sure you have selected ALL in the image below. If you are viewing all pages, ALL will be bold.

It’s okay to skip that part if you want; I just find it nice to be directed to someone’s entire thread. It’s the next part that is important.

Now that you have that opened, go to the top of your computer screen where the address bar is.

Highlight the address and right click to open up the little menu, or use keyboard functions by highlighting the address and then holding down the control button and then selecting the letter c. (This is for Windows, I’m sorry I don’t know Mac functions)

Now go to the other window where you have a reply box open. This should be thread #2.
Right click again to open the little menu which gives you the paste option or use the keyboard functions by holding down the control button and then selecting the letter v.

TA-DA! That should be it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:05:41 PM by Rollercoasterider »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.