Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Onwards

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
My Story Onwards
#30: March 30, 2023, 12:59:34 AM
OW is sinking her claws in deeper and deeper....

It will all be in him whether he CHOOSES to do something about his issues or not. In the meantime, the boat has dropped the rope, jettisoned the anchor and is off making Music of her own...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
Onwards
#31: March 30, 2023, 02:31:08 PM
Hello,

Thought I'd do a quick update as it's been 3+ months...and the news is....there isn't any!

What have you done? This is about your journey. While he was off on his vacay with desperate woman, you were there for his children. Who is the better role model? Robinson Crusoe and his sidekick Sunday or you? Madluv is right on how lucky the kids are and how you have done right by them.

Keep us updated on your success and movement forward. I bet there is a lot to post,

(((Ready)))

"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Onwards
#32: August 04, 2023, 04:40:15 PM
Hey Music,

How are things going?

Hope you are ok
Rose 🌹
Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
BD3 - Sept 2019
MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2018
OW2 - Feb 2019, age 30
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ā€˜Pā€™

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

M
Onwards
#33: March 20, 2024, 01:29:19 PM
Realised that it's nearly a year since I last posted.
Where does the time go?

H remains very distant still. Has been for over a year now after being a clinging boomerang since BD up till then. Rarely hear from him. He lost a distant uncle recently and messaged to tell me  :o. Someone he hadn't seen for years and I'd never met.
A close friend of his sadly died recently too. H called me after I'd messaged him my condolences (I rarely message but felt it was right to in the circumstances). S thinks H contacts me at these times (death?) as I'm his "core family" . Who knows? Odd but this is his mlc. It's all odd.

Meanwhile I got a rescue dog in January. He's  a mix breed from the streets of Romania and I love him to bits. I lost two labradors since bd and it was time. That feeling of being missed and welcomed back home - regardless - that dogs are brilliant at, is so powerful.

I have mostly good days though i still get wafts of "wth?",  I won't lie. It passes. I enjoy my job. Feel like I'd like to meet someone as don't really want to be alone for the rest of my days but I don't get to meet many single 50+ men so that's my next challenge...

Been in my own (without H) home for nearly 2 years. That's flown by. Have found I can cope with what comes along: fence panels lost in gales, blocked guttering etc without resorting to H who was always there before to fix stuff. Good to find that inner strength is still in there!!  8)

Thanks for reading.

Adult S & D
BD: April 2016
Many false returns.
Effectively moved out Nov 2017 [worked away from home. Home occasional weekends]
Moved out full time: July 2018 after he renewed contact with OW.
OW: old school friend lives 200+ miles away.

E
Onwards
#34: March 20, 2024, 10:45:34 PM
Good to hear your update Music. You sound a lot like I feel. Still have those WTF!? moments but they pass and days are now mostly good. H still very distant.

S thinks H contacts me at these times (death?) as I'm his "core family" .

I hadn't thought of it exactly like that ^ before, but I think your S is right because I think my xh still thinks of me as 'core family' as well.

It explains why he still wants to maintain a family health insurance policy and a joint bank account (despite being divorced now for several years and despite living with OW for 5 years). And why he still 'likes' and comments on many of my FB posts. I've tried before to explain the feeling I have about this and about how I think he feels about me/us; but haven't ever managed to explain it well (even to myself). So thank your S for giving me a better way of framing how I think he feels. Yes, yes, I know we can't actually know. It's what I sense though.

I COMPLETELY agree that dogs are brilliant at making us feel loved and needed. Very glad to hear you have a new one in your life.
M: 53 (48 @ BD), H: 55 (51 @ BD); Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 24 (19 @ BD), D: 22 (17 @ BD), 'Extra D': 22 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW - he (supposedly) met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.
Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her (never happens).
May 22: Movement... (likely T&G? Time will tell I guess)
May 23: Yep, definitely a T&G last year. Still have contact but very minimal. He is a long way away from me these days. He doesn't seem particularly happy in his new life... but he's still there soooo....

M
Onwards
#35: March 21, 2024, 07:39:29 AM
Thanks Ever
The joint bank account thing in your case is odd isn't it?
Glad you get the wth moments too.
The "core family" hadn't occurred to me either but it does fit how H behaves. Another bonkers gift from mlc.
Keep smiling...
Adult S & D
BD: April 2016
Many false returns.
Effectively moved out Nov 2017 [worked away from home. Home occasional weekends]
Moved out full time: July 2018 after he renewed contact with OW.
OW: old school friend lives 200+ miles away.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.