Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story My journey post D

K
My Story My journey post D
#50: May 06, 2024, 12:18:51 PM
He’s very proud of the OW because she apparently encourages him and supports him with his so called passion. 🙈

That's a weirdity - to be proud of someone because of the role they play in upholding your lifestyle.  He sounds like he has an exercise (and praise) addiction. Yes, you are better off out of it.

My journey post D
#51: May 06, 2024, 02:20:19 PM
He’s very proud of the OW because she apparently encourages him and supports him with his so called passion. 🙈

Sorry I meant grateful not proud. 🙈 She supports onsite. Well she doesn’t have to clean, wash and iron his clothes and cook for him so she has all the time supporting him wherever he goes. But anyway, I know his pattern. He’s been with her now for two years, who knows what miracle he’s going to do after five years of filming each other. 

My family told me recently I look way better now than when I was still with my x even before BD. My mom told me I was walking on egg shells with me, every action was controlled. I couldn’t be me. My ex had to be the center of my attention around my family otherwise it‘s going to be a fight. Looking back, though my ex was very generous with me and a good provider, around him I couldn’t be my real self because he didn‘t like certain behaviors I had. Maybe MLC was meant to be for me to find myself again and become authentic again. Maybe after all it was a blessing in disguise.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 11:43:40 PM by UrsaMajor »
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

M
My journey post D
#52: May 07, 2024, 05:52:37 AM
I do think that is the one bright light in all the darkness. We do seem to realize we lost ourselves and we start to wake up to that. My XH OW/wife also does nothing but be the appreciative recipient of my XH gifting and her new lifestyle. I did everything and she does nothing.  I have accepted that I could never be that. So, if he needs someone to constantly praise and validate him, then he is with his match now. It comes at a cost. A cost of their values, their self esteem, their wallet and their family. It’s a huge swap to discard those who love you no matter what with those who love you for what you can do for them.  As a friend stated to me recently, he will wake up when it’s to late. Probably on his death bed.
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

My journey post D
#53: May 07, 2024, 09:39:49 AM
If they even realize that Madluv. I don’t mine would. He seemed very happy with his life now traveling here and there for the love of his triathlon, maybe after all it’s what he needed. Adrenaline junkies. The life he had with me was too boring as I wasn’t a hard core sporty person. Sometimes I think maybe we weren’t really a match. Perhaps it wasn’t MLC after all. He just really wanted to get out of that marriage and find his true passion. Who knows. I don’t care about the answers to the Whys anymore. O can’t believe I‘m saying it now as I was so obsessed trying to understand why he did what he did.
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

Re: My journey post D
#54: May 07, 2024, 10:08:39 AM
It's interesting Dragonfly, I seem to be at a very similar place. Maybe is the "closure" that some LBSs get. A realization that, maybe, this is the way it was meant to be.. I actually said that to someone in RL 2 days ago when I heard that xH and O'Wife bought a house in xH's home town (a place I had 0 interest in) and since she's not working, she runs around cleaning up after xH and his parents.

The person that I was talking to said that, in her mind, it's all about xH's ego. O'Wife needed to be rescued, xH got to be the hero and now he gets a woman that does everything he says.. Maybe that's what he wanted all along and he was never going to get that from me....

I also wish I saw this a long time ago but I think we need to go through the process and be ready for this level of acceptance.
H - 46 (40 @BD1)
M - 46 (40 @BD1)
Together 15 years, M 8 @separation
No kids
BD1 - 26th Aug 2017 (Not happy, life has no purpose)
BD2 - 22nd March 2018 (Marriage is over, we want different things, confessed EA with someone 12,000 kms away although "she means nothing")
H moved in with parents 11th May 2018 (I asked him to leave as couldn't handle the EA rubbed all over my face)
H moved abroad 29th Dec 2018, not sure if OW will join him or if they are still in contact.
Confirmation H and OW are together, presume PA  - 3rd June 2019
H gets engaged with OW - Oct 2019
H "finally" asks for divorce - Aug 2020
H marries OW - March 2021.. We are not divorced!
Divorced - Dec 7th 2022

"One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change"

M
My journey post D
#55: May 07, 2024, 11:39:28 AM
It’s weird because I think they pic enablers. I also dont require many answers anymore, because the answer is I did not know him. To me he is a covert narcissist and when I look back I can clearly see it, but at the time and throughout I just thought he is insecure and that was endearing. Now, I believe thats what he learned to be. It all still goes back to childhood. Whether major traumas or just and inattentive parent. Most people realize their issues and we spend a lifetime working through our traumas with out hurting anyone, but just working on us and getting better. Then there is the MLCer who runs and escapes instead of looking within.

I also agree with the boredom. To me that is what life becomes and you have to appreciate and be able to sit in normalcy. Appreciate isn’t what they need. The voices are to loud in quiet. Just my opinion.
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.