Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Just Getting Started in this Journey 3

I
  • Trial Subscriber
My Story Just Getting Started in this Journey 3
#20: January 20, 2024, 01:54:43 PM
Baxter, I’ve just read your threads and I think your W and my H have read the same MLC Handbook. Such similar scripts. It’s really quite weird. We’ve got to the point where we’ve agreed that no one is going to move out for now and we’re not going to have any kind of conversation with S6, who seems very content and is thriving which is what I want to preserve.

One thing that struck me when I was reading your threads was about the ‘advice’ that our MLCers are getting from other people. I realised that in my situation, and possibly yours and many others, the main source of relationship advice that they are getting and listening to is most likely coming from the Alienator. There’s no one else they really listen to (because that would require some kind of rational thought) and it’s used as a bonding experience between the MLCer and Alienator. A kind of ‘no one understands me the way you do’ type feeling that can roughly be translated as ‘no one blows smoke up my a$$ the way you do’. It’s kind of like a drug addict asking their dealer for advice on rehab.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 02:27:16 PM by I Am The Salad »

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Just Getting Started in this Journey 3
#21: January 22, 2024, 01:32:53 AM
One thing that struck me when I was reading your threads was about the ‘advice’ that our MLCers are getting from other people. I realised that in my situation, and possibly yours and many others, the main source of relationship advice that they are getting and listening to is most likely coming from the Alienator.

The main sources of support for the MLC'ers are typically the alienator or other enablers. Why? Because anyone that disagrees with the path the MLC'er has chosen is then automatically put into the camp of "the enemy" and either castigated or cancelled..... Because those are the people that reinforce accountability and responsibility for one's own actions.... and the MLC'er can NOT stand that idea....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

I
  • Trial Subscriber
#22: February 01, 2024, 12:22:33 PM
One thing that struck me when I was reading your threads was about the ‘advice’ that our MLCers are getting from other people. I realised that in my situation, and possibly yours and many others, the main source of relationship advice that they are getting and listening to is most likely coming from the Alienator.

The main sources of support for the MLC'ers are typically the alienator or other enablers. Why? Because anyone that disagrees with the path the MLC'er has chosen is then automatically put into the camp of "the enemy" and either castigated or cancelled..... Because those are the people that reinforce accountability and responsibility for one's own actions.... and the MLC'er can NOT stand that idea....

I couldn’t agree more. I have watched my W surround herself with people who either barely know her or her new”friends” she has made since our separation and she has deleted and blocked and cast out EVERYONE who has spoken up about her behavior or questioned it or tried to talk to her. Anyone who knew her and knew us has been thrown away like trash even after lifelong friendships because they aren’t just buying into to her crap.
Thank you,
ICF
BD 4/20/23
M 35
H 34
D 15
D 10
T 14 M 12

R
#23: February 01, 2024, 11:43:45 PM
It’s kind of like a drug addict asking their dealer for advice on rehab.

Yes!

B
  • Stand Up and THRIVE!
Re: Just Getting Started in this Journey 3
#24: February 03, 2024, 12:18:17 PM
In the past I have asked if her friends (the actual friends she had and has known for years) support her in this. She said she doesn’t listen to anyone and makes her own decisions. I’m going to take that as a huge NO. That being said it seems like she is living an alternate life with whomever will agree with the narrative. Her parents (who actually agree with me and are appalled by her behavior) say that she is standoffish towards them.
BD 3/23
Standing
W Still at Home
M-48
W-46

• Mentor
#25: February 05, 2024, 07:05:15 AM
In the past I have asked if her friends (the actual friends she had and has known for years) support her in this. She said she doesn’t listen to anyone and makes her own decisions. I’m going to take that as a huge NO. That being said it seems like she is living an alternate life with whomever will agree with the narrative. Her parents (who actually agree with me and are appalled by her behavior) say that she is standoffish towards them.

The Mid-Lifer tends to surround themselves with enablers and people who support their narrative. Anyone who dares to question them or demand any kind of accountability is classified as an "Enemy."
Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

B
  • Stand Up and THRIVE!
#26: February 06, 2024, 01:57:48 AM
General question:

My wife had her mother send over old photo albums, pics from when she was a child. There’s also some old report cards and other memories. Is this common? Is she looking back to try to ‘relive’ and re-evaluate her childhood?
BD 3/23
Standing
W Still at Home
M-48
W-46

• Mentor
#27: February 06, 2024, 05:52:07 AM
General question:

My wife had her mother send over old photo albums, pics from when she was a child. There’s also some old report cards and other memories. Is this common? Is she looking back to try to ‘relive’ and re-evaluate her childhood?

Can you please stick your elbow in a pot of green and describe how it tastes?

You'll have about the same amount of success trying to understand why an MLC'er does whatever it is they are doing.....

However, in answer to part 2 of the question, usually the Mid-Lifer is trying to erase anything connecting them to their past but that doesn't mean that they don't try to relive it.... Since they do tend to revert to grade-school/early teens emotionally, she might be trying to recapture that lost "thing" that she believes is lurking in her past life.... Who knows?  It is a mystery
Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

B
  • Stand Up and THRIVE!
#28: February 06, 2024, 07:13:11 AM
UM,

You always come back with some great ones! I figured she was going back in time to relive something. But you’re right, figuring out the MLC mind is a fools errand, if she doesn’t know who she is and why she does what she does then what chance do I have to figure her out?
BD 3/23
Standing
W Still at Home
M-48
W-46

• Mentor
#29: February 06, 2024, 07:33:53 AM
UM,

You always come back with some great ones! I figured she was going back in time to relive something. But you’re right, figuring out the MLC mind is a fools errand, if she doesn’t know who she is and why she does what she does then what chance do I have to figure her out?

Just doing my job, Sir. Just doing my job.....
Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.