Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Forum Problems

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems
#60: August 08, 2018, 07:20:44 AM
OK, I have found the icons at the top left hand corner  :)

Now I can see unread topics and replies to topics I have posted on...

I will have to try later on my phone...

Easy to write but difficult to read (uncomfortable to the eye as others have noted)
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

• Mentor
Re: Forum Problems
#61: August 08, 2018, 07:28:16 AM
Acorn:
I hope someone steps in changes the psychedelic font and the jarring colours soon.  Is it just me taken aback by the background colours???

I to find the colors very jarring,makes me dizzy.

It doesn't "fit" on my iphone screen well, I need to look at it turned to the horizontal plane and even then it is in a weird position.

Did HS request these changes or did the provider do them?
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

R
#62: August 08, 2018, 07:59:51 AM
I’m really hoping this is not a permanent change. This is very hard to navigate on a mobile device - since I never access from the computer this renders the site practically impossible for me to use. I’m disappointed because I do look forward to interacting on here.

• Mentor
#63: August 08, 2018, 08:27:05 AM
Has anyone informed RCR or Mr. Osis about this problem?
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
#64: August 08, 2018, 08:28:49 AM
Has anyone informed RCR or Mr. Osis about this problem?
I am assuming it is something one of them did, RCR is online right now, so hopefully we will find out.

Sir Osis has not been here in a few weeks so it is not likely to be him.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:43:29 AM by OldPilot »

S
  • Administrator
#65: August 08, 2018, 09:36:13 AM
Sorry for not responding sooner, for reasons unknown I've not received any topic notifications until today.  The theme has been changed, and at least a couple of new mods have been installed since last I was here.  The theme determines font size and face.  I would guess new theme was installed to make site more responsive for mobiles, but apparently it's not doing a very good job.  There are other mobile themes available for 2.0. 

For now, I've allowed members to select a theme in Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme.  You can change back to the previous theme, Curve Multi Color.  I'll get back to this tonight, let me know what you'd like to do.

• Administrator
#66: August 08, 2018, 10:00:07 AM
Sorry for not responding sooner, for reasons unknown I've not received any topic notifications until today.  The theme has been changed, and at least a couple of new mods have been installed since last I was here.  The theme determines font size and face.  I would guess new theme was installed to make site more responsive for mobiles, but apparently it's not doing a very good job.  There are other mobile themes available for 2.0. 

For now, I've allowed members to select a theme in Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme.  You can change back to the previous theme, Curve Multi Color.  I'll get back to this tonight, let me know what you'd like to do.

I think this will work for us,

If anyone is having trouble making this change let me know and I will help you change it.

#67: August 08, 2018, 02:34:35 PM
This fix doesn't work you don't get the option you have listed...
"I can't go back to yesterday I was a different person then"..............Alice in Wonderland

you NEVER know how strong you are, until being strong is the ONLY choice you have"

• Administrator
#68: August 08, 2018, 02:38:40 PM
This fix doesn't work you don't get the option you have listed...
It works - I just changed yours for you - how does it look?

#69: August 08, 2018, 02:43:21 PM
Sorry OP

I have just refreshed the page, logged off and logged on and it is still the same
"I can't go back to yesterday I was a different person then"..............Alice in Wonderland

you NEVER know how strong you are, until being strong is the ONLY choice you have"

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.