Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Forum Problems

S
  • Administrator
Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems
#130: August 12, 2018, 10:52:23 PM
Colors can be changed without affecting anything else.  Members were complaining about the awful font, and the theme looked quite different overall.  I'm not concerned about customizing the theme, would like to come up with a decent mobile version that everyone can use.  This one looks a lot better and more functional than responsive curve.  Let's let it run until tomorrow, get some feedback from mobile users.

Post the links (just the urls) for the buttons you want to add, I'll do the code for you.  There's a mod that adds menu buttons, but it's really not necessary once you know how to do it.  In php (and javascript) you have to escape quotes that are inside an echo statement or text string, like this -

Code: [Select]

'title' => 'Hero\'s Spouse'

Just put a backslash in front of it.  Opening delimiter is single quote, so next single quote the compiler sees is closing delimiter unless it's escaped, it breaks the string and crashes the script if it's not immediately followed by valid php code.

Re: Forum Problems
#131: August 13, 2018, 01:11:34 AM
Can you stop with the changes? I can't change anything, colour, go back to the previous design, nothing.

This blue thing looks atrocious, the font is terrible to read, the whole think looks awful in a computer, the icons are gone again - just blanks where they used to be as is the name of the thread owner. The signatures are also confusing, etc.

Please make the old design still available, with colours options. The board is unreadable again.

Las time before this I post, on Watcher's thread, all was normal, grey-green and the old design - that, aside from being back to everyone, I had choose to have for myself because I do not like or can read or do a thing with this new one.

I think you need to find a way of allowing the old, normal design and colours for computer and find some plug-in or wahetever for phones.

As for screencaps, no one is really considering posting a screencap of their phone or computer here, right? We have user names for a reason. Sending them to Sir Osis makes much more sense.

Many of us do not use the forum on a mobile. You, and RCR, are too worried with mobile user, negleting the rest of us who do not use the board on a phone.

Bring the Curve mode/version back. This is impossible to navigate, read or do anything other than find this thread.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:21:08 AM by Anjae »
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

#132: August 13, 2018, 01:52:22 AM
I totally agree with Anjae,

Whenever I log in it’s changed again. A few days ago it was back to normal but since then it’s changed a few times and virtually impossible to use!

I always use my iPhone to post and have no problems with that normally!

Please someone sort this out once and for all

X

#133: August 13, 2018, 01:55:55 AM
Sir Osis

I know you’re trying your best but I don’t understand a word you’re saying!

I’m a complete technophobe!

The old version worked just fine on my iPhone!!!

#134: August 13, 2018, 01:58:39 AM
It’s impossible to read and navigate!

Why can’t we have it back the way it was?

A
#135: August 13, 2018, 02:20:05 AM
I use iPad.  The font is so small that I need to expand it, and then only 2/3 of each line can fit on the screen.
I’m forever swiping the screen left to right, right to left, left to right, right to left...  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Why fix something that worked well???

Feb 2015: BD. 
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

H never left home.

• Mentor
#136: August 13, 2018, 04:04:24 AM
It was back to normal and now this morning, I'm sorry Mr. Osis, it's back to being hard to read again.
Like things don't line up right like a few days ago.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
#137: August 13, 2018, 04:39:14 AM
I am answering this on an iPhone and although the layout takes some getting used to, it at least fits the screen without problems in the vertical position, whereas in the sideways position, it is a little more difficult but it gets there ;)

M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#138: August 13, 2018, 04:49:30 AM
The Font Face has now defaulted to Comic Sans which is also a bit ... odd....

I do have to kick the font size up although I am on a PC with a 19" diag screen but the default pitch was too small to comfortably read... I haven't tried on my Android Phone yet...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
#139: August 13, 2018, 05:35:17 AM
I mainly use the forum on the computer and it looks like the option to change the color scheme and layout is gone.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.