Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Forum Problems

• Administrator
Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems
#20: March 02, 2018, 12:13:57 PM
Sir, after looking at a few things, I'm beginning to think it may be me who is having a spacing problem.  Maybe just need some adjusting.
So no problem.
Thanks for responding.

Re-read RCR's first post she did say their are some formatting errors.
Not sure what that means though.

• Mentor
Re: Forum Problems
#21: March 02, 2018, 12:25:05 PM
Your're right OP, I didn't remember that.  That is part of the issue I am having and am seeing sometimes. 
Thank you.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#22: March 02, 2018, 04:40:55 PM
Got to be brief... I am putting in paragraphs, but have not had luck with them formatting so far, so this is likely to come out as a big or little paragraph. I think it is the WYSIWYG mod that allows for formatting posts. I bought it a couple of years ago and I think we might have had some issues and maybe I uninstalled it back then. But when reinstalling mods the other day I did not recall that I had uninstalled it.  This is just a guess right now. Sir Osis: I think the host said they do daily backups...I know they did, but I will check and see if that includes database backups. Regarding https: Interesting...I just started researching what I need to do to convert the blog, forum and main site to https. I got a standard email from my blog host today saying the auti SSL certificate is installed. So that sounds like step 1 is done for the blog...? More to address, but I can hear a lot of noise from the kids upstairs and need to go rescue Chuck! Yup, paragraphs disappeared when I previewed and now are even gone in the typing box. But others don't have this problem?

#23: March 02, 2018, 06:12:47 PM
I found that you have to hit enter/return twice. It seems like it's setup now to double space between lines.
Me 40; H 44
Married 14 years
No kids, no pets

S
  • Administrator
#24: March 02, 2018, 07:35:48 PM
I'm noticing single line breaks appear to be double in post editor, but they preview/post as single, you have to hit two to double space paragraphs, but after first preview they become normal.  Think this is the wysiwyg mod.  WYSIWYG has been problematic, the core feature in 2.0 is buggy and not recommended.  You're using the SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor mod, first time I'm seeing it, but wouldn't be surprised if it also has problems.  I'm seeing a lot of server errors in Subs-Posts.php, they seem to occur in clusters, but don't think they're related to this.  I'll drop you back to php 5.6, see if it helps, some of the older mods aren't updated for php 7.

Re: backups, most hosts do server backups daily, but often only keep them for 2-3 days, then they're gone.  Some will charge you to restore db from server backups.  My host (Crocweb) runs R1Soft in cpanel, it backs up everything in the account daily and keeps it for 30 days on remote servers, so even if host server gets nuked, backups are elsewhere.  I also have cronjobs running that backup all dbs daily and saves them 30 days on host server.  This wouldn't work for you due to the size of your db and current disk space limits.

I'm going to block ip 36.57.*.*, keeps logging errors.  You don't have any members in that range.  It'll be in .htaccess if you need to remove it.

• Mentor
#25: March 07, 2018, 06:33:09 AM
The board looks a bit strange today, but you're probably aware of this.  It's kind of hard to read..like thinks are off kilter.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#26: March 07, 2018, 06:35:06 AM
The board looks a bit strange today, but you're probably aware of this.  It's kind of hard to read..like thinks are off kilter.

??? Maybe calibrated eyeballs?  The only thing I noticed is that the icons are gone again... but the WYSIWYG interface for posting is back with all the buttons again like it used to be...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Administrator
#27: March 07, 2018, 08:24:18 AM
the WYSIWYG interface for posting is back with all the buttons again like it used to be...
The NEW button is still not working!

Along with the second ICON image.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:25:29 AM by OldPilot »

S
  • Administrator
#28: March 07, 2018, 09:08:36 AM
The topic prefix header in message template is borked, icons are not displayed because path is incorrect.  It's looking for /CurveMultiColor/images, should be /Curve_Multi_Color/images.  This will affect other icons as well.  Have you changed anything?  Looks like you may have installed different version of the theme.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#29: March 07, 2018, 10:36:33 AM
Well, as you guys may have noticed I reinstalled the mod that gives us the topic pictures--but since the images are not coming through, you may only have noticed that there is a list of stuff at the top of the board, but no images. UGH
I uploaded the images and tried a few times when they did not come through. The mod itself works--if you want to sort threads by a certain topic icon, just click the name of that icon in the list at the top and it will show only those threads--and that by itself is pretty cool I guess.

I've got just under 30 minutes to work now because I promised Chuck he could nap while I make and serve lunch...then preschool drop-off, Speech Therapy for Sissy at her school, then sign tax paperwork at accountant's office across town...
At least Chuck is making dinner tonight! ;D

i am going to look at the image mod quickly, but then need to read more about converting all three sites to https. That may be my big project, darn, I was trying to make getting the book edited again and then out in e-book my project. SIGH such is life and I do love my life with my adorables! ;D

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.