Author Topic: MLC Monster Lies and More Lies - Why?  (Read 835 times)

Offline mitten

MLC Monster Re: Lies and More Lies - Why?
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 07:05:23 AM »
That is my question too Mitten...I've always wondered that. But it seems according to MIL he has been lying to her since he was 16. So pathological liar he is. Anything that will benefit him in the end right.

WhyUs...

I guess I never had any reason to think he was lying about anything until now. I have found out things since BD of his life before we met that he never told me. Such as his ex girlfriend visiting him when he was abroad- he started taking to me then and said they had broken up then.
Married a loving and devoted husband and father.
No clue he didnt love until BD.
Complete change overnight in to monster.
Live in monster for 8 weeks.
Moved out to sisters Oct 2017
OW discovered as soon as he moved out- older by 10 years, worked for him as cleaner and laundry woman.  Is extremely manipulative. Has 4 children and divorced twice. EA for approx 2 years not sure how long PA.
Has been living with OW since xmas day.
Has confirmed relationship with her through solicitor and going through process of divorce (not wanted by me)

Online Treasur

Re: Lies and More Lies - Why?
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 08:40:33 AM »
Simple really
- shame like a small child
- power like a teenager enjoying the feeling 'getting one over' on you
- control to remove your choices or feed theirs
- avoiding conflict or emotions (yours or theirs) or decisions

Usually, lies are some mix of the four. My H wasn't a big liar but was an avoider with half-truths in his FOO. Didn't think he lied to me about anything significant but now who knows? In MLC, I think it's more about shame and control for him. Mostly shame if I had to guess from limited info e.g. watchgate
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Thunder

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »
I think we have winner in Whyus's W.

If you don't want me to lie, then stop ask question.  Perfect advice. ;D

You know their going to lie so why bother?
With her permission, a quote from a recovered MLCer: 
From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did.

Online Treasur

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »
There is a strange practical logic in that with an MLCer isn't there?  ;D
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline 31andcounting

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 09:04:13 AM »
I think it was stayed that used to answer newbies by saying

" If their mouth is moving they are lying"!   
Believe none of what they tell you!

Unfortunately true!
Hurting people hurt people :(

Offline Mrs.Smiling

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 09:17:26 AM »
I have to remind myself this every day....Every. Single. Day.

I know as a child I did some hefty lying..you know the typical - no I didn't ditch school, no that wasn't me.
But it's just amazing that he has gotten this far in life...
What a slow process to learning...
Be the best version of yourself... there is no other

Offline 20thcenturygirlTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 12:17:08 PM »
think it was stayed that used to answer newbies by saying

" If their mouth is moving they are lying"!   
Believe none of what they tell you!

I think this can be my mantra from now on.
There is some wise advise on here and thank-you Treasur for suggestions as to "why lie" - I wish somebody would do a study on it. 

I think I have posted before but before H left my D and I were watching Nigella Lawson on TV and he came in yelling "Get that lying b off my television".   :)
Guilty conscience right there I think.

My favorite from my own H (and there are many to select from) was his saying he was not in a sexual relationship with OW.  This is after he spent several weeks in a hotel room with her at the same hotel as two of his adult children.    Maybe they were playing scrabble.
H 62
Me 51
BD October 31st 2017
Three months of confusion & coming & going
Left Home December 28th 2017
OW living the life with him January 31st 2018 - met her whilst walking dogs, and it is really, really an affair down!
He denies she exists

Offline 20thcenturygirlTopic starter

H 62
Me 51
BD October 31st 2017
Three months of confusion & coming & going
Left Home December 28th 2017
OW living the life with him January 31st 2018 - met her whilst walking dogs, and it is really, really an affair down!
He denies she exists

Offline Mrs.Smiling

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »
My favorite from my own H (and there are many to select from) was his saying he was not in a sexual relationship with OW.  This is after he spent several weeks in a hotel room with her at the same hotel as two of his adult children.    Maybe they were playing scrabble

OMG...lol I laughed when I read this...
Yes H said the SAME exact thing...and he was living with her in her rental...You know the famous "you are only assuming", "we are just friends"....mmhmm...
Be the best version of yourself... there is no other

Offline Kintsugi

• I am healing, rediscovering myself & starting over
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »
I have said it in other threads and will say it again: I think they lie so much so they can live with themselves.  I have some alcohol and substance abuse counseling experience and have dealt with people who would go to great lengths with their lies to cover up their addiction.  It is almost the same thing. 

One of my favorite lies was "You aren't the nice person everyone thinks you are". 
When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold.  They believe that when something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful ~ Barbara Bloom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.