Author Topic: My Story Not Broken Just Bent  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Milly

My Story Re: Not Broken Just Bent
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 03:06:39 PM »
I'm here following you Kit! You're doing so well. I'm excited for your new career opportunity and of course, there's that sweet boy of yours. Wouldn't miss your thread.xxx
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D23, D20, S13
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline CanLetGo

Re: Not Broken Just Bent
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 03:34:00 PM »
Following KIT, you are handling this with dignity and grace x
Me 44
H 47
3 young adult kids
BD December 2013, left home August 2014
OW 17 years younger

Offline handpuppets

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 05:05:07 PM »
Attaching, KIT. Need to make sure I get my Judgy McJudgy fashion trend fix. 
“Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” -Anne Lamott

Offline Kitty

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 05:51:38 PM »
Following along in the MLCer fashion blog KIT. ;D
Me 37; H 41
Together 20 years; married 12
No kids, no pets
BD #1 Late October 2017 - H says he feels like he is living with a room mate at times (ILYBINILWY) and has considered separation.
BD #2 12/22/17 - Day after legal separation signed, I find out about OW after H said there wasn't one.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. It's the only way for you to become what you are meant to be." Kylo Ren - Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Offline Penelope2018

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
I'm glad everything is looking up for you. Keep focusing on yourself and your son.

Offline moc

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »
attaching KIT.  You are strong.  Look away is so true!
M: 47
W: 45
S15 & S11 [from MLCer1]
BD#1: 9/2017
BD#2: 11/2017
no D filed, not seeking action at this time
Separated: 12/2017
OM: EAs up to at least 5 now.  Not sure on PAs.

Online stillbaffled

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 08:27:49 PM »

WE've been through much heartache and trauma. But we are still here. Not broken. And in many ways, much stronger than before. Stronger than we ever thought we could be. 

One more blessing in my life are my HS friends. You all have talked me down from a ledge on more than one occasion, and I am ever so grateful. So I'm focusing on me now. My mirror work--and there's a lot.

Continuing on with you, KIT. 

Yes indeed, stronger than we ever thought we could be. 
After all, tomorrow is another day.
Together 16 years - married 6
BD - 1/1/16
His divorce final 7/16
Married OW - 7/17
a consistent semi-vanisher in the same small town

Offline seahorse

• Subscriber, 6 Month
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »
GREAT new thread KIT; nice summary at the beginning.
We all struggle to do the right thing (look away).
You’ve come so far though.
Keep up the great work.
Seahorses have one mate for life...

Offline KeepItTogetherTopic starter

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 12:10:25 PM »
Thank you all so much for following along. It truly means the world to me! ❤️❤️❤️

I know I’m supposed to keep my eyes off my Mlcer. But I do have daily interaction with him and well, I feel compelled to share his fashion choices. 😬

Today was a navy linen suit, pale blue gingham button down shirt, teal tie, white belt and white loafers.

Here’s the thing. I do think he looks good. Except for the MLC beard. And there is a part of me that is sad that he dresses this way for another. That is an assumption I know and could very well be false. Part of my work is to stop this thinking but I need to be honest with myself. Oh I wish I didn’t miss him so much!
Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

Offline Kitty

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 12:20:44 PM »
That actually doesn't sound too bad KIT. Thankfully Grumpy still dresses the same as before. The only difference I see in his appearance is there are days when he says he is too lazy and unmotivated to shave, and other days he's clean shaven. He can't really grow a full beard, he has these patches where hair won't fill in properly, so he shaves before it becomes super noticeable.
Me 37; H 41
Together 20 years; married 12
No kids, no pets
BD #1 Late October 2017 - H says he feels like he is living with a room mate at times (ILYBINILWY) and has considered separation.
BD #2 12/22/17 - Day after legal separation signed, I find out about OW after H said there wasn't one.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. It's the only way for you to become what you are meant to be." Kylo Ren - Star Wars: The Last Jedi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.