Author Topic: My Story Just checking !  (Read 3758 times)

Offline BelieverTopic starterTopic starter

My Story Re: Just checking !
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 07:45:57 AM »
Learning,

It will be great to get the cast off. Your painting style may be changed slightly once you start up again. (lol,for me that would be a good thing!)

I haven’t been painting especially since I moved - just haven’t found the desire here yet.
As well I’m working two PT jobs which takes up most of my time.

Oh well in time everything will balance out and I’ll get back to painting and quilting.

Hugs!

Offline LearningIamOk

Re: Just checking !
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 02:16:44 PM »
I am hoping my style will be a little looser. Looking forward to trying again. Sorry you aren't inclined to paint.  I know that time is precious. Hope you can turn one of the 2 jobs into full time.
trying2bok

Offline readytofixmyselffirst

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 04:55:12 AM »
Hello,

I hope you get a full time job as well. What do you like to paint? I love art, so when I went to Italy this fall, I was in heaven. To see the works of art you only saw in person was so incredible. We went to museums in Rome, Venice, and Florence. I liked Florence the best.

Hope you are doing well and you decide to pick up the brush soon!

((((Ready)))))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 05:22:57 AM »
Ready,

Yes, ideally I’d like one FT job. However, in the end I just have to make this work until January 2022 then I can retire with my full pension   ;D

Then I’ll have all the time I want to paint. I tend to paint more free flowing scenes. I once took classes from an artist named Annie Lockhart (http://www.annielockhart.com/about/) on soulful painting.  I’ve loved the style ever since.
I dream of traveling to Italy to take it the history !

Hugs, Believer

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2019, 02:31:54 PM »
Something to share..

I went to a psychic the other week. I thought it would be intriguing to see what might surface as I rebuild the course of my life.

I’ve gone a few times over the years for fun with girlfriends. I provide as little information as possible -skepticism on my behalf for sure. I leave it up to them to tell me what they know. I didn’t provide any info about being divorced or my ex remarrying etc.

She told me she had a message from my exFIL. I absolutely adored my exFIL, I believe his passing was the start of my exH’s crisis. She named my exFIL and said he was rubbing a wedding band.
His message started by thanking me for unconditionally loving his son. He said his son has had a spiritual psychotic break. He said I know you feel exH has been swallowed up by a mothership and another person dropped in his place. He said that’s essentially what’s happened - exH isn’t the same man he was.

ExFIL even described that the OW aggressively targeted and manipulated exH, even used her daughters as part of the manipulation- played on his vulnerabilities until she had him in a relationship. ExFIL said exH still loves me very much just isn’t able to tell me. He doesn’t know how to communicate.

He said exH owns what he did however OW is an emotional terrorist holding him hostage. She’s psycho and stay clear of her. He said that I’m on OW’s mind everyday because exH won’t say anything bad about about me - it drives the OW crazy as she wants him to hate me but can feel deep inside he still loves me. ExFIL told me I’m the “pea under her mattress”.

ExFIL said my recent decision to not talk with ExH is  important to do he needs to know that I’m not there - leave him to fix himself. He closed his message by saying their marriage won’t last.

In the end what do I make of it... the parts of this that sat with me was that it was FIL - a man I value so much and have always felt if he were alive would be the one to challenge exH, the similarity of the message to what we say about MLC and the OW and the timeliness of my recent decision to not have contact with exH. ( btw which I struggled to know if it’s the right direction)

In some way it speaks to questions that have been wondering about as he prepares to remarry...

Online Disillusioned

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2019, 02:50:05 PM »
Believer,

I am BEYOND skeptical of psychics.  If this actually happened, I may need to meet this person.  I'm always open to changing my opinion on my beliefs.  This sounds like they knew things that they shouldn't know.  Must have been a weird experience for you?  What do YOU make of it?
M=51
W=47
D=8
BD Feb 17 Thinking of divorce
Atomic BD June 17 Spying revealed OM at work
Still home.  Threatened to leave several times and has asked me to leave about a dozen. 
Says divorce proceedings will start Jan 18.
She has scheduled mediation Feb 7,  2018
I moved out March 16, 2018
Several mediations, mostly instigated by me.  Foot dragging by STBXW.  Nothing filed. Yet.
5/2019 STBXW filed D behind my back despite signed agreement to mediate.
I retain attorney.
STBXW still hasn't told me and no further action.
Elephant in the room has been addressed.  No further action atm.  Weighing my options.

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2019, 04:20:44 PM »
Disillusioned,

I’m with you and the skepticism - I’ve always approached this as a “form of entertainment”  kinda like going to a show. Heck, I even booked under my middle name only and drove out of town for the appt. :-)

Yes, absolutely covered things that I hadn’t given any insight into and I was very evasive as she spoke about it.

Yes, it felt very weird to listen to those things. The fact that it came from my exFIL was probably the one thing I’ll take away from it. I truly loved that man as though he was my own father.

In the end it changes nothing, it was a fun time out, an experience that at times had me looking around to see who was there providing this info lol  :o ! and perhaps just a warm hearted moment between my FIL and I.

Offline limitless

• When the world sends you lemons - make lemonade!
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »
Hi Believer,

Good to see you posting.

We are pretty much on the same time line.....so I ask - why does this continue to haunt?

Oh, I've moved forward with my life.  I've let go.  I've moved to a new place.  I have a new life.  But, even after almost 9 years - this still is there in the air.  Just lingering.  The feelings aren't as fresh, the pain not as sharp, the sadness not a deep...but it's still there.

I know that it is something that cannot be forgotten...but why after all this time does it have to continue to feel so unfair?

M -58,  ExH - 64 (56 at BD)
M - 33 years (do the last 3 years count?)
D - 28, D -24, S - 24 (only S 24 at home)
BD 5/29/2010, Ran away from home - 8/15/2010,
Found out about affair - 2/11
H asks for divorce - 8/11
H filed for divorce 10/11
Announced "new" girlfriend 12/12 (3rd OW)
Divorce final 06/13 (I decided to finish it)
Dumped OW#3 9/15 (After 4 years)
Seeing OW#1 again
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions For Newbies
The Mentor Program
Report Technical Problems

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2019, 05:21:18 AM »
Hi Limitless,

I couldn’t agree more with your words. Lingering is a very real description of it all.

I’ve been busy rebuilding my own life, in my own way and yet the past floats in.

I’m grateful though that it has less impact on my emotions today then it did even a month ago.

However, I sense it will always be with me. I think it’s because I’m still me - just an improved and wiser version.  I didn’t change into someone who tosses away their life in search of the fountain of youth :-)

So good to hear that things are going well for you Limitless !!

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2019, 04:57:45 PM »
Hi Believer! That psychic was something! I am also skeptical of their powers,  but she seems to have a real gift with her message from your FIL.

Yes, this does linger. I wish I wouldn't think about my xH. I do. I don't want him back. I would never trust him again and that's no way to live. I wish that the day would come when I don't think about what a firetrucking idiot he is. But the thoughts are relentless. I guess it's like anything you can't have, it just weighs in the back of your mind.
trying2bok

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.