Author Topic: My Story Just checking !  (Read 3453 times)

Offline BelieverTopic starterTopic starter

My Story Re: Just checking !
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2019, 06:08:41 AM »
LOL Treasur I hear you!

The H I was married to was a very different man than he is today. He’s been lost for a very long time with no inclination of finding himself. So like you I haven’t lost anymore than I already had.

His new wife fits the man he is today better than I. I can only imagine them fighting over the mirror to admire themselves....
I’ll take fighting with our D to pick up her clothes over that anytime  ;D

I suspect once he retires in the next couple of years, moves to her city and they begin to actually live as a married couple the cracks may surface in their “perfect world”. However, who knows I may be all wrong just as he says  ;)

Offline stillbaffled

Re: Just checking !
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2019, 07:14:26 AM »

The H I was married to was a very different man than he is today. He’s been lost for a very long time with no inclination of finding himself. So like you I haven’t lost anymore than I already had.

Welcome to the club, Believer!  Indeed, it's one more odd experience to add to the crisis. 

You sound like you handled the nuptials with grace.  How lovely that your married friends supported you.  I love the part where they told you that he's lost more than you have and that she'll always live in your shadow.   :)
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Offline BelieverTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2019, 07:38:02 AM »
Thank you Stillbaffled!

Yes, absolutely another odd experience to add indeed !

I’m so grateful to have such wonderful friends as I do. That statement they made was such a realization for me. At times I was so stuck in the mud of the crisis I’d lost perspective...

Hugs, Believer

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2019, 06:38:07 PM »
Believer, I am so happy that you were surrounded by love and support on the dreaded day. You have some spectacular friends. They see your worth and value. I hope their beautiful words to you encourage you to become even more amazing than you are. (((HUGS)))
trying2bok

Offline readytofixmyselffirst

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2019, 05:13:34 AM »
Hello,

Yes, you will find that your children and you will have a stronger and better life because of one word: integrity.

You and your daughter can look back and see how your actions were honest and kept your integrity whole.

Your ex is broken. He is not honest and no longer whole. He has lost his integrity. When he looks back on his life, and sees the path he took, will he feel pride or will he feel regret.

Many of us do things to write our life's resume. That is nice, but what we should focus on is writing our eulogy. That is the message that everyone carries after your gone. What is your H's eulogy going to be?

((((Hugs)))

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Online Disillusioned

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »
Hello,

Yes, you will find that your children and you will have a stronger and better life because of one word: integrity.

You and your daughter can look back and see how your actions were honest and kept your integrity whole.

Your ex is broken. He is not honest and no longer whole. He has lost his integrity. When he looks back on his life, and sees the path he took, will he feel pride or will he feel regret.

Many of us do things to write our life's resume. That is nice, but what we should focus on is writing our eulogy. That is the message that everyone carries after your gone. What is your H's eulogy going to be?

((((Hugs)))

Ready

WOW... 
M=51
W=47
D=8
BD Feb 17 Thinking of divorce
Atomic BD June 17 Spying revealed OM at work
Still home.  Threatened to leave several times and has asked me to leave about a dozen. 
Says divorce proceedings will start Jan 18.
She has scheduled mediation Feb 7,  2018
I moved out March 16, 2018
Several mediations, mostly instigated by me.  Foot dragging by STBXW.  Nothing filed. Yet.
5/2019 STBXW filed D behind my back despite signed agreement to mediate.
I retain attorney.
STBXW still hasn't told me and no further action.
Elephant in the room has been addressed.  No further action atm.  Weighing my options.

Online megogirl

• Subscriber, 6 Month
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »

I second that WOW.  I LOVE this.

Writing that down now, and will show to my therapist tomorrow as something that I find very profound.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:27:07 PM by megogirl »

Offline stayed

« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »

Mmmmmmmmmm, I'm more concerned about MY eulogy!  What will the people I love and care about remember and cherish about ME. 

hugs Stayed
Married 42yrs.
Reconciled July 5, 2006

"Don't be so open minded your brains fall out".  by Stephen A. Kallis, Jr.
"We believe marriage is sacred, but it is not our job to save marriages; it is our goal to empower each of you to save your own marriage."

Stayed Husband Letter
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions for Newbies
The Mentor Program
LBS SCRIPT

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2019, 02:06:38 AM »

Mmmmmmmmmm, I'm more concerned about MY eulogy!  What will the people I love and care about remember and cherish about ME. 

hugs Stayed

WORD! The Mid-Lifer's Eulogy is theirs to write and we no longer have anything to do with it (unless, of course, one reconciles).

But what about our own? That IS our responsibility.... And, from the time our Mid-Lifer goes off the rails, it is in OUR hand how we choose to write. We can be "the bitter victim," the "helpless martyr," the "kicked 'em to the curb and firetruck' em," the "compassionate observer," the "stoic survivor," or any myriad of things. It is up to us to choose and make it happen (or not choose and relinquish control).
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.