Author Topic: My Story The Positives XXI  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Anjae

My Story Re: The Positives XXI
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »
He’ll be back Anjae - he’s a boomerang! 🤣

You're right!  ;D
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline serenityTopic starter

Re: The Positives XXI
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2018, 04:35:14 AM »
Good morning all,

I’ve been in my lovely new home under a week and have unpacked about 200 boxes! I think I now hurt everywhere and I’ve injured my dodgy knee! He he

A lovely sensible old friend came to help me yesterday and I had a few tears but she hugged me and told me I’m overwhelmed and stressed and pushing myself too hard. She did a few dump runs for me to get rid of the mountains of packing which was a big help so I treated her to lunch out!

I have sorted a lot of my house and haven’t stopped really! One of my sons came last night and put loads cupboards, shelves and mirrors up for me which I cannot do. Still a big list to work through but it all helps and parts of the house look normal and like a home again

I even seem to have rather a charming admirer who’s been past a lot waving at me! Nothing from H of course since his visit last w/e!

I’ve had so many cards and lovely good wishes from people that I just couldn’t believe it. I did tell my H that many people had expressed sadness at my leaving old village and he’d tried to say he thought they’d be glad to see the back of me but I said on the contrary I’ve been overwhelmed with people saying they’ll miss me!

I am exhausted, emotional and everything else but I wouldn’t swap my life!

This is an exciting new chapter

X

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2018, 04:36:58 AM »
Dear Anjae

I read somewhere that you’re not too good. I’m so sorry to hear that

Just try and rest and be kind to yourself. Take things gently and I feel certain it will pass and  you’ll feel you’re strong self again

Hugs

X

Offline 31andcounting

« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »
Glad to hear you are getting done Serenity!
Take a break once in a while please! We need you well 😊
Haven’t heard about Anjae I need to do some reading I guess!

Why are earth would that silly H say such a ridiculous statement? I have no doubts the people will miss you!!!

A friendly new friend? Love hearing this!

(Hugs)
Hurting people hurt people :(

Offline Anjae

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2018, 04:01:38 PM »
Hi Serenity.

A lovely sensible old friend came to help me yesterday and I had a few tears but she hugged me and told me I’m overwhelmed and stressed and pushing myself too hard. She did a few dump runs for me to get rid of the mountains of packing which was a big help so I treated her to lunch out!

I agree with your friend, you're overwhelmed and stressed and pushing yourself too much. Nice of you to take your friend to lunch.  :)

This is an exciting new chapter

Glad to hear it.

New friend? Wonderdful.  :)

It was the last 2/days. I think the effects of the last heat wave, plus several hospital check-ups with aunt, including one in quite an hot day with no AC in the waiting room plus the peri-menopause. It messed/is messing my sleep. Next week more hospitals and doctors and from tomorrow a new heat wave.  ::)

Like you, I really don't like heat. And I pass hospitals as well.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline The lighthouse

« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2018, 08:38:03 PM »
Just catching up Serenity.

I'm sorry the move was so difficult for you and that some of your things were broken. 

Interesting news about H!  Will be interesting to see how long it take him to contact again.

I'm glad you have been shown so much kindness and told how much you will be missed. 

Hopefully your back will settle down now that all the heavy lifting is over and you can enjoy getting your new home looking just the way you want it.

Hugs to you.  :) xx

Anjae, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too good.  I hope that terrible heat calms down for you soon and that you feel better.
M 1992
BD June 2011
Still with OW - No legal action

I am the lighthouse. I don't go out into the storm after the ship.  The ship finds me.

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2018, 05:26:18 AM »
Hello dear friends,

TL, Anjae and 31,

Well I’ve been in my new home a week. I’ve unpacked everything and decided to give a lot away to charity and sell the other things I turned out as stock for my shop.

Can’t remember If I said but the awful removal company are now threatening to take me to court for even more money! They said they did more and used more packing! They’re ignoring the fact they left a lot of my belongings behind, the owner was very inappropriate with me, they broke many antiques, they didn’t put protective coverings down in old house or new, they left me in an awful mess with beds and mattresses downstairs when it was part of the job I paid them for and they left a lot of my large pots in the street at the front of my house! I could go on but I feel if this goes to court I don’t think they’re going to look very good! I paid them exactly what they ‘quoted’ me - in full, upfront and it wasn’t cheap! Sorry for long rant!

Anyhoo heard from H today. He’s spent this w/e by the coast with our D. It’s the first big thing he’s done with her in 7 years. Their R has been mostly non existent as she wouldn’t go along with his MLC life! She was secretly excited he was going and he actually appears to ‘see’ her again and value her. Time will tell.

Anyway today he sent me lots of photos and said he was having a lovely time and didn’t want to drive home today. Sounds like it’s done both of them good.

I’m so detached now I expect nothing and am so wary of him.

I’m too busy with my shiny new life anyway!

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday

X

Offline Milly

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2018, 05:33:00 AM »
Serenity, nice that your H spent time with your D after all these years. That's good for your D. It's a change, too.

I'm sorry about your terrible movers. I hope they don't take you to court because even if you're right, it's such a waste of time and money. Are there any consumer groups you could consult about this so you know where you stand? Sometimes these consumer groups can write to the company in a way that puts them off.

I'm glad you're settled into your new house now. At least you're not under that dreadful stress you were under a few weeks ago as you faced the daunting process of packing and moving to a new place without your D. Many positives.xxx
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D23, D20, S13
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2018, 05:47:00 AM »
Thank you dear Milly,

Things appear to be changing all round. It’s strange as I decided to change my life this year. I loved the other house and village but just felt I’d become stuck and thought it was time to change things up but it seems to have changed everything! The universe works in mysterious ways!

I was going to contact an ombudsman, trading standards and citizens advice bureau but I thought I’d wait and see what their threatened letter contains first so I know what I’m dealing with! I can’t believw they’re being this unreasonable and this nasty! I expected an apology and a gesture of goodwill - not a potential court case! I wouldn’t have thought it was worth their while for a few hundred pounds!

I’ve done a lot on the house and garden but now need to wait for help with getting more onto walls.

I hope things are a bit calmer for you?

X

Offline Anjae

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
Wonderful to know husband spend time with D.

Sometimes, one change leads to another.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk