Author Topic: My Story No I don't Want Any Guinea Pigs  (Read 1528 times)

Offline DumbfoundedTopic starter

My Story Re: No I don't Want Any Guinea Pigs
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2018, 11:13:35 AM »
Acorn - Thank you for the reminder that this is really not about me. I know that on some level but I forget when things like this happen and it feels like a personal attack. It really says more about where he is mentally than about me I guess. For whatever reason, my presence bothers him.   

Tyks - Oh I am totally planning on buying a new bada$$ outfit for the event.  8)

KIT- You think one day LB will admit that he messed up? I highly doubt it.  He is lost to the dark side.

Well, the Myrtle Beach trip is going to be the death of me. I told LB that I was packing the stuff S needed in whatever luggage it would all fit in and the suitcase would be on the front step Saturday morning for him to deal with. LB's new plan is for S's sneakers to travel to Myrtle Beach with xFIL tonight. LB thinks he is all smart for solving the problem. What he doesn't understand is that he is willing spend $200 to find a firetruck buddy online (I have the receipt) or $85 to send MOW2 flowers at work but he won't spend an extra $20 for his son to have a regular size suitcase so he can get his basketball sneakers to his national tournament.  These are his priorities now. But I keep my mouth shut because I tried for a year to point this out to him and the "fog" was way too think.

I told S that I can pack anything in my suitcase that he needs and bring it down Wednesday when I come down.  D and I will have big suitcases for the way home so no problem getting it all back home.

But first Taylor Swift with D on Saturday night in Philly!! So excited. I won't have to worry about S because he will be at the dysfunction junction summer retreat and it will be a girls nights out!!!     

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline stillbaffled

Re: No I don't Want Any Guinea Pigs
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »

But first Taylor Swift with D on Saturday night in Philly!! So excited. I won't have to worry about S because he will be at the dysfunction junction summer retreat and it will be a girls nights out!!!   

How fun! 
After all, tomorrow is another day.
Together 16 years - married 6
BD - 1/1/16
His divorce final 7/16
Married OW - 7/17
a consistent semi-vanisher in the same small town

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2018, 03:04:30 AM »
While I was packing S last night, I realized I can’t send him with any liquids - no sun screen, his aresol deodorant, etc. I was so annoyed. Trying to pack at least 7 days worth of stuff in this tiny suitcase and then no toiletries on top of it for a 12 day trip. It is just inhumane. So in a fit of utter disgust I may not have followed all of the TSA rules and wished for them to get stuck in security.  :-\ I may have also declared that LB was an a$$h@!e in front of S. I felt bad about it immediately and S looked sad that I had said it ... but honestly. 

S tells me that XMIL refused to take them to the airport so they were scrambling for a ride last minute.  ??? XBIL just came and picked them up. LB looked quite miserable. Just wait till he hits airport security. He will be cursing my name to the heavens. Snort.

D and I head down Wednesday. Back to bed for me. Gotta rest up for the concert tonight.  8)

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline No expectations

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
  • One day at a time. And time is my friend.
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2018, 04:40:51 AM »
Oh DF, your posts always make me laugh! I love how you find humor in the toughest situations.

Have a wonderful time tonight with your D!  And all the best to your s on his tournament.   
Married 10 1/2 years, together 17.  BD 9/2016, 2nd BD 10/16.  H moved out 10/16.  2 AS's from my first M.  Me 55, H 49.  OW 23.

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through; how you managed to survive.  You won't even be sure if the storm is really over.  But one thing is certain; when you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in...that's what this storm is all about."

"The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones."

Offline Acorn

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2018, 05:15:01 AM »
May he live long and prosper at the security line.  Hope your S has an enthralling game to play on his phone while he waits.  You are such a bada**, DF!  Funny to boot.
Enjoy the concert with D.
Feb 2015: H has a Nuclear meltdown.  A tear-fest.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Still home

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2018, 06:21:39 AM »
Yep. Stuck in security. It wasn’t even my doing. Apparently the 2lb bag of lifesavers S just HAD to have for the trip to share with everyone he wrapped up in a small blanket and put in his book bag. 😂 We argued about it for 2 days - too big, too expensive. You don’t need 2lbs of lifesavers!! Please Mom!! I finally stopped and got him the 2lb bag last night and told him if it didn’t fit he could take a ziplock full of lifesavers. His book bag weighed 25 lbs but he got the whole bag in. ::)

Totally worth the $7 now.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline FaithWalker

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2018, 04:56:05 PM »
Oh goodness DF.  Have fun at the Taylor Swift concert with D.  Funny about the security issue!  Sounds like vacation will be a bit of no fun dealing with the LB gang.  But you are a bada** and somehow I know you'll make it through!
M-39
H-42
S-17
D-15
S-12
Friends for 7 years before dating
Married for 14 years
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniversary
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged to her 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Engagement off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Joined POF within the first month back

Link to my journey: 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10203.msg671589#msg671589

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Never become a container for bitterness.  Bitterness is a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes -- some things have to break all apart so better things can be built."

Offline Acorn

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2018, 06:35:56 AM »
You know, DF, when I was reading about those lifesavers, I automaticlly thought your H was trying to pack them in his bag. ;D. Now, why do I think that?!  I guess it’s somthing MLCers would do because of their affinity with teenagers and even younger kids.  Candies go with their MLC attire, shoes, language, groopie activities, etc.  I bet your H packed some stuff that would rival lifesavers.  It would be an interesting question to ask your S after the trip.  Just sayin....
Feb 2015: H has a Nuclear meltdown.  A tear-fest.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Still home

Online UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »
I'm baaaaaaackk!

And I found a perfect GIFt for you....

Guinea pig with a lifesaver!

Me - 54
MLC - 47
Together 20 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 11
D - 7
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer has filed for D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2018, 02:10:39 PM »
Needless to say that when I logged in today I did not expect to see a Guinea Pig eating a lifesaver on my thread. But there he is. I am just dying!!! UM you are the best!!

I haven't heard much from S and LB since Saturday. S is not much of a texter. I keep track of S with his phone.  They seemed to have spent the entire weekend at MILs house only venturing out for breakfast and to horse around on the golf course behind MILs house. But this morning when I checked in, S was in a helicopter. :o  Well, ok then.
He did text me afterward to tell me about it.  :)

Meanwhile D and I are having the most fun girls weekend ever. Taylor Swift was amazing. The weather was picture perfect. The show was great.  I didn't have to worry about S at home alone. So much fun!!! We have done some shopping and gone to lunch. Eating takeout on the couch last night watching Harry Potter and working on the laundry for our trip.

At lunch yesterday, D told me that she and S bailed out on nephew's birthday dinner last Monday. I was horrified. I, of course, knew nothing about it.  But they conspired together to tell xMIL we were busy. I was so horrified. I told D that was not very nice to bail out on nephew's birthday. Then I got an ear full from D - she would like my permission to "write that side of the family off". Essentially, D says the company is bad, the food is bad, they don't take care of themselves, they don't come to her birthday, they are all overweight and she is tired of playing the holiday game with them.  Ohhhhhh.... well, you don't need my permission. It is your life - color the pages whatever colors you want. 

Basketball registration started at 5:00 so I am currently being flooded with 100 group text messages from the team. Seems they are all lost or confused. There has been a suggestions that they go to Family Kingdom after registration. LB texts "where inside".... does that mean "we are inside" or "where inside?".  So sorry I am missing all the chaos..... not.               

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk