Author Topic: My Story Riding the wave of acceptance.  (Read 912 times)

Offline AusgatorgirlTopic starter

My Story Re: Riding the wave of acceptance.
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 07:09:02 PM »
Well all you lovely people just a quick update from the land of Aus. I am now back in the city where my children live. Divorce not done yet because I was travelling and did not return docs on time to court so date was delayed to mid March. Came back to my townhouse end of 2018, helped my daughter buy a house and then helped move her and set up her new home. So proud of her! I try and keep in contact with my adult kids, take them out, attend events with them and generally building a new ‘normal’.

Sorted out shipping of my goods from interstate and busy getting my home ready for all my worldly goods  ;D. But the big news is I got a fabulous job on first interview! I haven’t worked for 5 years. Pay is really (really) good and things are going well. At interview thought I had nothing to lose so was on fire...amazing what you remember! So I start Monday.

I have not heard from my STBX, I am NC. I was however approached by someone who knew H and she told me the whole sordid story. Apparently affairs everywhere after being a faithful loving husband. Really horrible stuff. I believe a young OW has moved in with him to another city (she transferred to his city) a bit older than our 30 yo son.

Anyway, me...I’m going to the gym, look amazing in new clothes, my house is nearly a home. And life is good. Yes I miss what I had for 34 years, but not the man my H is now. Moving forward is the only thing I can do...for me.

Only warning for new LBS, be wary for dating scams. I just wanted to make new friends (said so on dating site) but nearly got sucked into a world of pain by scammers. Fortunately I started to realise too good to be true and no major damage🙄, however it was close. So be wary...

Take care you LBS, shine like the stars that you are!
Aus

Me: 57
H: 58
S30, D27
Together for 34 years
BD 11 August 2017
OW - yes, maybe multiple
H: Vanisher and Avoider
M: Letting go, trusting the process.

Offline Whyus

Re: Riding the wave of acceptance.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 12:30:54 AM »
Nice update Aus, your STBXH is a mess and you are handling your Situation like a true hero.
Let him carry on and you Keep doing your Thing, you Sound great. Congratulations on your new Job, sounds amazing.
You got this Girl, your on fire.
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 45
W: 45 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 30) Trainings partner. W is trying to get People to accept them.
2 Sons - 19 & 20
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

Online Treasur

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2019, 12:41:00 AM »
Congrats on the new job, fab news!
And yes, the universe seems to have a way of showing us bits of the MLC mess even when we don't look for it.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2019, 03:29:58 AM »
Sounds like life is Moving in the right direction.....

As or reentry in the dating pool.... I've equated it to swimming in the waste holding tank of a nuclear power plant... there is the occasional diamond formed by the heat and pressure but there is also a LOT of toxic sludge to deal with... <snort>

Me - 55
MLC - 47
Together 20 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 11
D - 8
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer has filed for D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline AusgatorgirlTopic starter

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 03:34:10 AM »
 ;D Well I was swimming at the bottom of the barrel with the sharks😝, so scared me enough I won’t even go back in the water 😂

Aus
Me: 57
H: 58
S30, D27
Together for 34 years
BD 11 August 2017
OW - yes, maybe multiple
H: Vanisher and Avoider
M: Letting go, trusting the process.

Offline UrsaMajor

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 03:51:54 AM »
You might be surprised..... Real life has a way of intruding on our carefully laid plans....

I've been asked why I don't try online sights and I just laugh... I am a Telecom Engineer by profession and what goes into the screen compared to what sits on the keyboard is NOT the same...

Dating Profile says:
or

Reality:
or

Me - 55
MLC - 47
S - 11
D - 8
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Nerissa

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 12:27:04 PM »
That face with the moving eyes/spots is viscerally repulsive.  It’s going to haunt me tonight!

Offline UrsaMajor

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »
That face with the moving eyes/spots is viscerally repulsive.  It’s going to haunt me tonight!

And THAT, lovely Nerissa, is EXACTLY I have NO trust of dating sites... Imagine meeting THAT when you were expectng the dating profile pic  :o
Me - 55
MLC - 47
S - 11
D - 8
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk