Author Topic: My Story Riding the wave of acceptance.  (Read 979 times)

Online AusgatorgirlTopic starter

My Story Re: Riding the wave of acceptance.
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 07:09:02 PM »
Well all you lovely people just a quick update from the land of Aus. I am now back in the city where my children live. Divorce not done yet because I was travelling and did not return docs on time to court so date was delayed to mid March. Came back to my townhouse end of 2018, helped my daughter buy a house and then helped move her and set up her new home. So proud of her! I try and keep in contact with my adult kids, take them out, attend events with them and generally building a new ‘normal’.

Sorted out shipping of my goods from interstate and busy getting my home ready for all my worldly goods  ;D. But the big news is I got a fabulous job on first interview! I haven’t worked for 5 years. Pay is really (really) good and things are going well. At interview thought I had nothing to lose so was on fire...amazing what you remember! So I start Monday.

I have not heard from my STBX, I am NC. I was however approached by someone who knew H and she told me the whole sordid story. Apparently affairs everywhere after being a faithful loving husband. Really horrible stuff. I believe a young OW has moved in with him to another city (she transferred to his city) a bit older than our 30 yo son.

Anyway, me...I’m going to the gym, look amazing in new clothes, my house is nearly a home. And life is good. Yes I miss what I had for 34 years, but not the man my H is now. Moving forward is the only thing I can do...for me.

Only warning for new LBS, be wary for dating scams. I just wanted to make new friends (said so on dating site) but nearly got sucked into a world of pain by scammers. Fortunately I started to realise too good to be true and no major damage🙄, however it was close. So be wary...

Take care you LBS, shine like the stars that you are!
Aus

Me: 57
H: 58
S30, D27
Together for 34 years
BD 11 August 2017
OW - yes, maybe multiple
H: Vanisher and Avoider
M: Letting go, trusting the process.

Offline Whyus

Re: Riding the wave of acceptance.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 12:30:54 AM »
Nice update Aus, your STBXH is a mess and you are handling your Situation like a true hero.
Let him carry on and you Keep doing your Thing, you Sound great. Congratulations on your new Job, sounds amazing.
You got this Girl, your on fire.
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 45
W: 45 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 30) Trainings partner. W is trying to get People to accept them.
2 Sons - 19 & 20
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

Online Treasur

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2019, 12:41:00 AM »
Congrats on the new job, fab news!
And yes, the universe seems to have a way of showing us bits of the MLC mess even when we don't look for it.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2019, 03:29:58 AM »
Sounds like life is Moving in the right direction.....

As or reentry in the dating pool.... I've equated it to swimming in the waste holding tank of a nuclear power plant... there is the occasional diamond formed by the heat and pressure but there is also a LOT of toxic sludge to deal with... <snort>

Me - 55
MLC - 47
Together 19 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer has filed for D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Online AusgatorgirlTopic starter

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 03:34:10 AM »
 ;D Well I was swimming at the bottom of the barrel with the sharks😝, so scared me enough I won’t even go back in the water 😂

Aus
Me: 57
H: 58
S30, D27
Together for 34 years
BD 11 August 2017
OW - yes, maybe multiple
H: Vanisher and Avoider
M: Letting go, trusting the process.

Offline UrsaMajor

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 03:51:54 AM »
You might be surprised..... Real life has a way of intruding on our carefully laid plans....

I've been asked why I don't try online sights and I just laugh... I am a Telecom Engineer by profession and what goes into the screen compared to what sits on the keyboard is NOT the same...

Dating Profile says:
or

Reality:
or

Me - 55
MLC - 47
S - 12
D - 8
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Nerissa

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 12:27:04 PM »
That face with the moving eyes/spots is viscerally repulsive.  It’s going to haunt me tonight!

Offline UrsaMajor

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »
That face with the moving eyes/spots is viscerally repulsive.  It’s going to haunt me tonight!

And THAT, lovely Nerissa, is EXACTLY I have NO trust of dating sites... Imagine meeting THAT when you were expectng the dating profile pic  :o
Me - 55
MLC - 47
S - 12
D - 8
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.