Author Topic: My Story A long story of finding myself all over again.  (Read 4801 times)

Offline LearningIamOk

My Story Re: A long story of finding myself all over again.
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »
What goes around, comes around. Sorry Ready. ;D
trying2bok

Offline Silver

Re: A long story of finding myself all over again.
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2019, 02:08:40 AM »

To be honest, this is an absolute truth. So my question to the LBSer crowd,
Is it right for a LBSer to receive a truth dart?

No, absolutely not! Leave her! You can always say that you left bc she didn't love you and her attitude for plastic bag case showed it and that you were never happy and that you need space and find out who you really are!

Glad to hear about your daughter, so important to kids to hear you are proud of them (for whatever reason). I love the look in my kids' faces when telling them I'm proud of them, it's just something that they need.

"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

Offline Treasur

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2019, 02:25:27 AM »
Ha ha....maybe your wife is just more skilled with the truth darts, Ready  :)

Actually on a more serious note...what a lovely bit of normal that is. No eggshells, no big drama, no games...just a normal loving bit of practical marital irritation. Lovely.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:27:18 AM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Silver

« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2019, 02:58:56 AM »
Ha ha....maybe your wife is just more skilled with the truth darts, Ready  :)

Actually on a more serious note...what a lovely bit of normal that is. No eggshells, no big drama, no games...just a normal loving bit of practical marital irritation. Lovely.

I agree with you Treasur, but just why it's ALWAYS 'she', not 'he', who chastise?
"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2019, 03:24:22 AM »
You are no longer in an MLC/LBS situation there buddy.... This is the concept known as Mutually Assured Destruction.... One good dart gets another.... Guess you'll need to get a thicker skin, especially when she was right.....
Me - 56
STBXW - 48
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Silver

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2019, 05:49:06 AM »
You are no longer in an MLC/LBS situation there buddy.... This is the concept known as Mutually Assured Destruction.... One good dart gets another.... Guess you'll need to get a thicker skin, especially when she was right.....

Famous MAD -concept?  ;D

Offline PJ Will Be OK

• MLCer Type: Low-Energy
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2019, 10:16:14 AM »
I'll take a truth dart over a lie any day.

Normal domestic life - I miss it!

Glad you're doing so well, Ready. Your W sounds great. You deserve some domestic bliss. Now go clean up after yourself already.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27
Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA
BD #2: 2018 - FA
W moved out - June 2019
OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019

Feeling kinda done

"Learning how to live like she ain't coming back."

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11024.0;all

Offline readytofixmyselffirstTopic starter

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2019, 11:35:51 AM »
Hello,

More normal life situations and a lot of self-realization about one's limitations.

READER BEWARE. THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS TRUE STATEMENTS WHICH ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL PEOPLE AND VERY EMBARRASSING TO THE POSTER.

So, we have had a few situations where the next door neighbors children have thrown stuff into our yard. Dogs have left droppings in our yard and someone left a trashed cart by our trash that took me almost an hour to take apart and put in my trash can. Our neighbor reported some kids were near our wall and she thought they may graffitti the wall so she called the cops.

So my wife has decided that we needed security cameras. So after some research, I purchased a set of Arlo Pro 2 cameras from Costco. They are battery operated so I didn't have to run wiring all over the place to the few electrical outlets we have in the house. The cameras are nice and the video they record are stored in the "cloud" for three days.

So I charged the batteries and installed four of the cameras. I have a ton of storage of cats visiting my front porch, people walking their dogs, cars driving by, and squirrels running down the wall.

The one issue we had where someone left a strange note on our daughter's car was not recorded because the battery had died.

So I bought three solar panels, specifically designed for these cameras, to charge the battery. I have figured by the time I am done with this system, I would have saved money just hiring an armed guard.

Which brings me to today. I got up this morning, had my smoothie, and posted on a couple of threads. I was thinking about Morte's Beast and Watcher's W. If they just used their brains, all would be for the best. So I went for a biological break but my w was in the bathroom and I decided I will put in one of the solar panels.

I put the fully charged battery into the camera and installed the solar mount.  I was having a tough time with putting the solar panel on the mount. I went back to the restroom and she was still in there. I went back out and figured out the solar panel and then tried to put on this clip that kept the cord affixed on the camera.

I couldn't figure it out. By now, I really had to go. I mean really go. So being the multi-tasker that I am, I took the instructions, the clip, and the camera into the restroom with me. I sat in my "office" trying to figure out the instructions, looking at the camera, looking at the clip, when it dawned on me that I was filming myself.

That now means that in the cloud there exists footage of Ready on the porcelain throne. I am red in the face thinking about it.

With that stated, maybe Beast and I are distant relatives.

So, even in times when great things are going on, we manage to find ways to humble ourselves.

Have a great day,

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Offline megogirl

• Subscriber, 6 Month
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
That now means that in the cloud there exists footage of Ready on the porcelain throne. I am red in the face thinking about it.

If it makes you feel any better, so A-Rod (courtesy of some NY rag!)

So, I really wouldn't worry about it :)

hugs xx Mego
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:26:09 PM by megogirl »

Offline DCD

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2019, 07:28:01 AM »

oh Ready... ;D
Along the lines of "embarrassment loves company", I will share my most embarrassing, to this day i burn with the intensity of 1000 suns, moment.

We used to camp with my in laws in a great park adjacent to a huge lake with big waves and everything.  One lovely afternoon, i was frolicking away in the surf when I decided to make my way back to the beach.  i spot father in law who had set up a nice little picnic, so headed his way.  i was wearing a one piece backless number and feeling fine! just then i was hit from behind by a massive wave, stumbled, but managed to recover.  The wave receded leaving me standing in knee-deep water, face to face with FIL, the front of my swimsuit having rolled down to my waist, shoulder straps pinning my arms to my side. 

Feel better?? 

Thank care  :D
some days are yellow
some days are blue
on different days, i'm different too
you'd be surprised how many ways
i change on different-colored days.
 - dr. seuss

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.