Author Topic: Mirror-Work Putting a Challenge Out there for All  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Sam I AmTopic starterTopic starter

• https://affaircare.com/the-180
Mirror-Work Putting a Challenge Out there for All
« on: July 05, 2018, 10:35:06 AM »
Hello All!

I have challenged myself to do something special for myself everyday.  Take time to focus on me.  This can be anything...does not have to be big and expensive, I have committed to spending at least 30 minutes a day for me.

I am asking all of you to join along with me and share the things you are doing for yourself.

I'll get it started.

1.  I spend at least 30 minutes a day exercising.  Mostly walking but occasionally running.  I want to do a 5 k before the end of the year.  Great way to help clear my brain and listen to some good music or recorded messages.
2.  I go to bed 30 minutes early every night now and spend that time reading.  I found that I am now falling asleep easier and sleeping better and waking up more refreshed compared to falling asleep with the TV on.
3.  Twice a month I get my nails done.
4. Once every month or two I go for a massage.
5.  I try to pick a place I want to eat out at and go there once a month.

So....what are you doing to make sure there is time set aside each day for yourself?  Let's hear it!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:50:34 AM by Thunder »
10.29.17 BD-Moved out to OW/A began in  6.17
3.5.18 OW moved away/H moved in with F
3.19.18  H moved home into spare room 
7.14.18  Moved to be with OW (another state)
9.4.18  Moved back-Living with Parents 
11.1.18  OW moved back.  H living w/her in D's basement room. 
11.18 - H started visiting on holidays
11.26.19 Call from H.  BIL died suddenly.
1.19 - H announced to my inner circle that he moved to sisters  inc all belongings
2.19  H volunteers to house and dog sit whenever.
Spring 19  H visiting house and doing chores on a regular basis

4.83 Started Dating
8.10.85  Married

D -29 Married with 2 children  Lives Local
S - 27 Engaged in Prof School across country
3 Dogs (he left them all behind - taking care of them but not really visiting or interacting with them yet)

Offline FamilyIsMyGoal

Re: Putting a Challenge Out there for All
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:24:35 AM »
I love it!  In the beginning I was very good about doing this and I found it to be transformative!   But I've become a bit complacent about it now because I'm doing so much better.  Thanks for the reminder!  One thing I like to do in addition, is get my hair blown out.  Makes me look so much better and I feel confident.  Not sure what I will do today, but maybe I'll go get a pedicure.
Divorce Bomb August 6, 2017
Married 19 years
Together 22 years
Divorced as of January 2019
I don't think I'm standing, but who knows what the future brings.
Two Teenage boys
Me: 55
H 59
OW? I don't know - probably plural

Offline Acorn

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:40:11 AM »
I do some positive things for my physical and emotional health, and for personal development.

I try to power-walk 5miles every day to maintain health.   If I have time, I walk another 5 miles on a nature trail for therapeutic purposes.

I challenge myself everyday to babble less and listen more.  I continually remind myself to respond, not react, to everyone and every situation.  A lot of work to do in both departments.  ;D

I’m work in progress, not a finished product, till my last day on earth.  That’s a pep talk I give myself everyday FWIW. 

I’m still to learn to hate potato crisps...  I don’t have a lot of hope there will be much progress on this ‘issue’.
Live-in MLCer
Feb 2015: BD.  H has a Nuclear meltdown. 
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY.
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

Offline RedStar

• MLCer Type: Off-N-On
  • MLCer is in high energy replay.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 01:41:14 PM »
Good thread!

I've also been getting into books before bed. Sometimes I listen to podcasts. And I'm going to exercise classes. I cook tasty meals when I feel like it. Today's self-care breakfast was a fried egg, hash browns, and a bratwurst. :D And, of course, fresh morning coffee. That is a must have!

I’m still to learn to hate potato crisps...  I don’t have a lot of hope there will be much progress on this ‘issue’.

Arg! You just reminded me that I happen to have some in the cupboard...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:42:30 PM by RedStar »

Offline exhausted

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 01:58:39 PM »
I get my nails done twice a month also!! I've been enjoying a bubble bath in the evening for some time to myself. I meet up with friends occasionally for drinks and dinner (without my H). I am working to get an exercise routine going.
Met 4/1986
Married 6/1990
BD 6/2017
D22 S19
No affair
Still at home in IC

Offline The Moon’s a balloon

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 02:37:55 PM »
Not as bad as my MLC W then, who now manages to get her nails done almost every week 🙂.   

The football season starts again here in the UK next month, and my plan is to go and see my team at least once a month, at weekends.  Always been a fan, but have never gone to the matches regularly.  Always wanted to, but then got married, had kids, put them first, etc, etc.  When it’s not my weekend to have the kids, that’s my plan.  I’m also determined to take up something new as well, just not found something that really appeals to me yet. 
“It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul”.

Offline FamilyIsMyGoal

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 02:39:22 PM »
That's a great idea Moon! 
Divorce Bomb August 6, 2017
Married 19 years
Together 22 years
Divorced as of January 2019
I don't think I'm standing, but who knows what the future brings.
Two Teenage boys
Me: 55
H 59
OW? I don't know - probably plural

Offline The Moon’s a balloon

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
Thanks Family.  Long before I met W I always wanted to do it, but never had the nerve to just go on my own.  I want to now.  And when they’re both a bit older, I want to occasionally take both my girls as well.  A bit of of a daddy / daughter thing - just the three of us.  What about you?  Do you have anything special lined up, just for you?
“It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul”.

Offline Treasur

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 01:06:26 AM »
The allotment is a lifesaver for me. My day is always better if I spend an hour there.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Kitty

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 06:44:42 AM »
I try to exercise 30 every day. Sometimes it doesn’t always happen, but I try.

Every month I get a pedicure. And when there is a movie in the theaters I want to see, I go see it.

Usually I take Sundays to read if I have a book.
Me 39; H 43
Together 22 years; married 13
No kids, no pets

Grumpy is in an MLC, it doesn't matter what he has said or done. The important thing is, this is all about him and has nothing to do with me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.