Author Topic: Mirror-Work Putting a Challenge Out there for All  (Read 3493 times)

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
Mirror-Work Re: Putting a Challenge Out there for All
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2018, 08:20:14 AM »
My update:

Trampoline Aerobics again today
Getting closer to getting my motorcycle license - the Approval to take the written test has been delivered to the Driving School...
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Sam I AmTopic starterTopic starter

• https://affaircare.com/the-180
Re: Putting a Challenge Out there for All
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2018, 08:23:34 AM »
UM - Congrats...I love riding my scooter.  Not brave enough yet to take on the heavy mc...but the scooter is great!  I drove it to work today because I could.
10.29.17 BD-Moved out to OW/A began in  6.17
3.5.18 OW moved away/H moved in with F
3.19.18  H moved home into spare room 
7.14.18  Moved to be with OW (another state)
9.4.18  Moved back-Living with Parents 
11.1.18  OW moved back.  H living w/her in D's basement room. 
11.18 - H started visiting on holidays
11.26.19 Call from H.  BIL died suddenly.
1.19 - H announced to my inner circle that he moved to sisters  inc all belongings
2.19  H volunteers to house and dog sit whenever.
Spring 19  H visiting house and doing chores on a regular basis

4.83 Started Dating
8.10.85  Married

D -29 Married with 2 children  Lives Local
S - 27 Engaged in Prof School across country
3 Dogs (he left them all behind - taking care of them but not really visiting or interacting with them yet)

Offline Jackolar12

• Waiting for my Prodigal to return to the fold.
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2019, 02:04:25 PM »
I’m taking up blacksmithing, casting metals in sand mounds,learning to play the Saxaphone and studying the personality disorders.im also buying and selling interesting stuff on eBay.  Teal art is another hobby I am trying.

Offline Jackolar12

• Waiting for my Prodigal to return to the fold.
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2019, 02:06:21 PM »
Correction it should have read as metal art and not teal art.

Offline exhausted

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2019, 04:20:45 AM »
Joined the Y and bought my swim cap and goggles so I can starting swimming for exercise.

I also started an online doctoral program.
Met 4/1986
Married 6/1990
BD 6/2017
D22 S19
No affair
Still at home in IC

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2019, 05:32:08 AM »
My update:

Trampoline Aerobics again today
Getting closer to getting my motorcycle license - the Approval to take the written test has been delivered to the Driving School...

Challenge 2 completed - I got my Motorcycle license in Nov 2018.....

Other firsts : Took myself and my kids skiing for the first time (first time ever for them and first time in Europe for me) in January
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Sam I AmTopic starterTopic starter

• https://affaircare.com/the-180
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2019, 06:58:27 AM »
It is too cold to walk so I am working with D to get some online exercise programs for her so I can keep me healthy.

Taco Tuesday for me died...the place I was going was getting too bad with smokers so I am not choosing to avoid it and going for Wings on Thursdays.  Usually meet up with a friend...occasionally I go alone.  I don't mind.  I am getting to know new people at the bar so I always have someone to converse with.

Spending time with family!  Hosting a family dinner every other month so my parents have time with the kids and grandkids and great grandkids.  It is the best present my sister and I ever did for them.

Spend at least 30 mins a day reading something to help me in some way.  Sometimes it is just a fiction novel just because I need that escape from reality.

Re-decorating my home.  Started with my bedroom.  Repainted.  New dressers/bureaus, closet organizers, bedding....making it my "spa" bedroom in my own home.  Loving it.  Except for the light covered comforter....My dogs footprints keep showing up on the cream background.  Just means washing it more often.  Ha Ha.

Other than that....keeping busy at work. We have a lot of changes on the horizon that should lead to more growth.  Growth is good!

I try to get to the movies once a month.  Sometimes it happens...sometimes it doesn't.  This is a low priority for me.

Planning a trip to see son in the Spring!

Basically, I am living my life the way I choose.  Sometimes I feel like hanging at home and doing nothing...other times I have a gas ass and I just go and do what I want to do!  Freedom of choice is what I have! 
10.29.17 BD-Moved out to OW/A began in  6.17
3.5.18 OW moved away/H moved in with F
3.19.18  H moved home into spare room 
7.14.18  Moved to be with OW (another state)
9.4.18  Moved back-Living with Parents 
11.1.18  OW moved back.  H living w/her in D's basement room. 
11.18 - H started visiting on holidays
11.26.19 Call from H.  BIL died suddenly.
1.19 - H announced to my inner circle that he moved to sisters  inc all belongings
2.19  H volunteers to house and dog sit whenever.
Spring 19  H visiting house and doing chores on a regular basis

4.83 Started Dating
8.10.85  Married

D -29 Married with 2 children  Lives Local
S - 27 Engaged in Prof School across country
3 Dogs (he left them all behind - taking care of them but not really visiting or interacting with them yet)

Offline Milly

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
Sam, I'm just catching up with your thread and loving your attitude! It's been so enlightening and refreshing to read your thread with yours and everyone's suggestions for things to do for yourselves every day.  I'm way behind but you make it sound easy. I will need to start tomorrow!
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

Offline FaithWalker

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2019, 05:31:02 PM »
I haven't had much time for me lately with working two jobs, but I do try to pamper myself with a long bath a couple times a week.  This week I'm not working the second job and only working for 3 hours at the first job on Friday, then headed out of town for a girls weekend with my SIL, her sister, and possibly another gal.
M-41
H-43
S-19
D-17
S-14
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Has several dating profiles on POF and another but no major signs of anything new.

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10630.new#new

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

"If we don't take time to heal, we will bleed on people who didn't cut us."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.