Author Topic: Discussion UGLY  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Anon

Discussion Re: UGLY
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
Yes, Thunder - she did say to use Men's Rogaine (5%) and twice a day!  Thanks for replying - it's nice to know it's from stress and reversible with the Rogaine.   It does thin with age but not like this.   My mother was 88 when she passed away.   Her had had thinned with age but nothing like my hair has thinned.  My doc actually said if I stop using Rogaine I will only lose the hair I would have lost genetically or naturally anyway.   The other growth will remain.  Whew!
BD June 2017.  Not standing.  I no longer accept MLC as an excuse for his adultery, abandonment, rejection, betrayal, and lies.

Offline Milly

Re: UGLY
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
Anon, I lost lots of hair a year after BD when my H moved his OW to our home town. I didn't notice at first until the hair started growing back and suddenly I had a fringe/bangs starting from scratch, and a patch of hair starting from scratch at the back of my head, as if someone had come along and cut it while I was asleep. It took a couple of years, but it has all come back and keeps coming. My hairdresser gave me some advice on supplements to take. It doesn't surprise me that it is stress as the stress we have gone through can't be imagined by anyone who hasn't been through it.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D23, D20, S13
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline MyBrainIsBroken

« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2018, 03:07:57 PM »
I've noticed that my hair has been thinning a little, too, which is not good when you're a gorilla!

At least I still have my good looks! :D

Offline in it

« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2018, 03:17:22 PM »

LMAO my brain!!! ;D ;D ;D

Stress can effect us in all kinds of ways. I got a complete physical after this last mess at the insistence of my aunt. Blood tests etc.

It is temporary Acorn. Your hair will grow back.  Are you taking any vitamins? B12 is good for stress.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

Offline OffRoad

« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »
I've noticed that my hair has been thinning a little, too, which is not good when you're a gorilla!

At least I still have my good looks! :D

I dunno, that Gorilla looks a little thin on top and he's still a fine looking gorilla.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:38:53 PM by OffRoad »

When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

Offline gman242

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »
Anon, happened to a lady I work with. Sadly, hers didn't grow back, but I think she's a bit stubborn and didn't seek any support or therapy or medical advice

Offline in it

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2018, 04:52:25 PM »
Oops sorry Anon..read your name wrong..
I was a hairstylist for years. Sometimes the stress effects hair by going grey early too.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

Online Thunder

« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »
MB,

Ok this was my second out loud laugh of the day.

Fine looking gorilla.    LMAO!!!   ;D
With her permission, a quote from a recovered MLCer: 
From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did.

Offline Anon

« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2018, 08:25:05 PM »
Aww, the gorilla is so cute!!  Even his hair is adorable. I don't mind having this in common with him right now.   And yes,,, very handsome.  Thanks for posting him :)

Thanks everybody who replied tonight - you were all very supportive and encouraging.  Just what I needed to hear (read). 

I'll keep you posted down the road once it's growing back.   Actually I have been using the women's rogaine (2%) and I do have new growth at the very front and sides.   That rogaine is expensive even buying at a discount online but whatever.   I've ordered 3 months supply of the heavy duty rogaine and I'm supposed to use it everywhere.   Supposed to also be careful it doesn't drip onto my face or I could grow hair on my face!   Then gorilla and I would have more in common than thinning hair  :(

BD June 2017.  Not standing.  I no longer accept MLC as an excuse for his adultery, abandonment, rejection, betrayal, and lies.

Offline MyBrainIsBroken

« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »
Yes, please make sure you keep the Rogaine off your face. We have a bearded lady working at our local Walmart. It isn't a good look.

Years ago when D34 was driving us crazy my barber told me I must be experiencing a lot of stress because my hair had been thinning out. It filled back in on its own. Now its thinning out again. For real. Me, not the gorilla.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk