Author Topic: My Story my mlcer left me for ow after an internet affair  (Read 2143 times)

Offline ShockandaweTopic starter

• Trial Subscriber
My Story Re: my mlcer left me for ow after an internet affair
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2018, 03:25:07 PM »
Dear wise Thunder,

It is sometimes mind blowing how totally nuts this is.
One thing I have noticed is when he is here he starts playing with his wedding ring which is attached to his key fob, he puts it on and off.

He always used to be so sensible about money but he is way out of control now.
He looks like cr*p and seems to be a shell of his former self. I, on the other hand, look so much better.
He is the one who mentions the OW but I walk outside or go into another room.

I am worried about him but I know I can do nothing to help. He has to go through this alone and as such I must learn to detach more, though I do love him I don't love what he has become. I pray that God helps him through this.

I thank you Thunder, you always give the best advice.

God bless you.

Offline FaithWalker

Re: my mlcer left me for ow after an internet affair
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:23 PM »
Hello S&A, I am new to your story.  I'm so glad you found this place so quickly!  Awesome, empathetic people here with great advice.  I found this forum about 9 months after BD and 5 months after D.

I can't imagine being in pain and pushing through to get the work done that you have to do since your H bailed.  You are a very strong person who will prevail through this!  (((HUGS)))
M-40
H-43
S-18
D-16
S-13
Friends for 7 years before dating
Married for 14 years
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniversary
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged to her 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Engagement off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Joined POF within the first month back
1 year later no signs of anyone new - workaholic

Link to my journey: 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10203.msg671589#msg671589

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Never become a container for bitterness.  Bitterness is a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes -- some things have to break all apart so better things can be built."

Offline ShockandaweTopic starter

• Trial Subscriber
Re: my mlcer left me for ow after an internet affair
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2018, 12:59:31 AM »
Hi FW,

Thank you for your response, it is quite a thing this MLC isn't it?

I always try to think there are others who are suffering more than we when I feel so low and in pain. I take my time when doing anything like mowing the lawn, just a bit at a time with plenty of sit downs lol !!!!!!

The shock of seeing this once kind and loving man who is now the epitome of everything both he and I hated in the worst of people is the thing that still I find difficult to process.

I remember when I first got here, I was in so much shock and disbelief I thought no one else on earth could possibly understand what I was trying to explain but this place has been my refuge, my solace. The advice given, the experiences shared make me realise that though this is a revelation to me, many many others have trod this path before me and many many more will follow.

I have learned so much, I understand this is NOTHING to do with our marriage, NOTHING to do with me and EVERYTHING to do with my H.

I am trying and continue to detach, not for him but for me. I still struggle with this but continue to try to achieve it.

Crazy and twisted is what this is. So much of this makes no sense at all.

I continue to pray to God to help my H and to give me the strength to carry on each day.

God bless you all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk