Author Topic: My Story Ready for a New Word  (Read 5312 times)

Offline Philadelphiagirl

My Story Re: Ready for a New Word
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2019, 12:45:14 PM »
Hey DF, loving your new word and your approach to where you are with everything at the moment. Your friend's quote is spot on, unstoppable, taking time for you - fantastic start to the year! Take care, PG xxx

Offline heroIam

Re: Ready for a New Word
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2019, 08:01:29 AM »
Hey DF!
Been a long while!

I love your new word!  It's perfect. 
Here's another quote I really like:  Sometimes the only closure you will have is knowing that you deserve better.

And, I do wonder as Philigirl does.  If LB will stop leaking!   :D 
AT some point, the patch work and duct tape either runs out or doesn't work anymore! 
“In the end, you’ve got to be your own hero because everyone’s busy trying to save themselves.”

Online DumbfoundedTopic starter

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Ready, welcome aboard!! I don't think there is any chance LB will stop leaking anytime soon.  LOL!

I think if anything that the leaking has increased at dysfunction junction. There doesn't ever appear to be enough buckets to keep the ship bailed out over there. 

Hero and Philly - always glad to see you.   
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline FaithWalker

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »
Love your word, DF.  I chose the same thing in 2017 and it was a very good thing.  That was when MLCer was running around with his new GF, traveling and being all crazy.  Having that word helped me to choose positives each day.  I also had the opportunity to anonymously help some people out, and pay it forward so to speak. 

I have a saying on my bathroom wall about living life with intention.  I always see it after I get out of the shower and it makes me smile.   :)
M-41
H-43
S-18
D-16
S-14
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Saw his POF the first month back
1.5y later no signs of anyone new - workaholic

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10630.new#new

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

"If we don't take time to heal, we will bleed on people who didn't cut us."

Offline KeepItTogether

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2019, 07:59:13 AM »
Great word DF. And it suits you. You have been such a pillar of strength in all this. Shifting over to live with intention seems to be the natural progression.

Still leaking—well of course. Lots of issues to not address. Lol.  But I do believe they get to a point where they can no longer hide from it all. Takes much time. But I’ve always maintained that for those of us who once upon a time married kind, decent, loving people, who seemingly changed to selfish, lying, cheating abandoners overnight, there is hope they will get through the process someday. Where we will be then? Who knows. Guess it is wherever you intend to go.

Also that quote? So awesome. I love it. And that suits you too!

Me 47
H 46
S12
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2019, 10:54:09 AM »
Hello FW and KIT!!

FW, would you care to share the saying from your wall? I would love to have a motivational saying to go with my word.

KIT, I would have thought LB would have noticed he has run out of places to hide by now but he just keeps sticking his head in the sand oblivious to the fact that his butt is still showing for all the world to see.

Otherwise... it is status quo here.     
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2019, 12:25:38 PM »
Hi DF! I also love your word for 2019. Several years ago, another LBS and I chose "I Matter" as our mantra for the coming year. It is amazing how when you focus on a word or mantra, that it manifests itself and becomes real.

And you have really been showing your hutzpah! You are making incredible strides. I guffawed when I saw that your family refers to your xH as "the turd". How apropos.

Keep going strong. I do believe that you are unstoppable.
trying2bok

Offline FaithWalker

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »
FW, would you care to share the saying from your wall? I would love to have a motivational saying to go with my word.   

Of course, DF.

This is it:
M-41
H-43
S-18
D-16
S-14
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Saw his POF the first month back
1.5y later no signs of anyone new - workaholic

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10630.new#new

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

"If we don't take time to heal, we will bleed on people who didn't cut us."

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
Thanks for your support Learning. I always smile when I see your name because you got me through some very dark post BD days. So my success is your success too. He really is a "turd" - I am glad I am not married to him anymore.

Thanks FW. I love it!! A saying for my word!!

Not much has changed here. S had 6 basketball games this week and 4 practices. We have been eating on the run all week and LB, a/k/a the turd has been mostly silent and absent. He picked up S Monday from practice on 2 hours notice and showed up at Wednesday's away game near his office.  I got a message that he was busy yesterday and couldn't pick up or drop off.  Whatever. The house is a wreck and we are all exhausted but I am sure, if time permits, LB will drag the kids out to eat with MOO2 tonight.  I am going to the gym tonight and then I am going home to sleep for 10 hours.

Happy weekend everyone!!
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2019, 06:07:27 AM »
DF, hope you had a good session at the gym. I try to go at least 4x per week. I always feel better after a workout. Although, going out in the cold and the dark is not fun. I am always glad that I push myself to do it.

I remember the days of hauling my kids to and from practices and games. Sometimes they were changing uniforms in the car to go to the next event. What a whirlwind.

And thanks for the kind words for my support. I only pay it forward. So many on here got me thru some really awful times.
trying2bok

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.