Author Topic: My Story Thread 33 - Wind Therapy Part 2  (Read 1930 times)

Offline UrsaMajorTopic starter

• Live like they are never coming back
My Story Thread 33 - Wind Therapy Part 2
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:39:40 AM »
Previous Thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10374

I kind of forgot about my own thread until I went looking for threads over 150 posts (A mods' work is never done) and ran across my own thread at 153.... from November 6th  :o

I guess it is easy to forget one's own thread when there is nothing happening....

STBXW's D is grinding it's way through the court with the amazing speed of a herd of turtles... the only "interesting" thing that has happened is that I got a letter from the court asking me to provide information but when I looked, it was obviously incorrectly allocated to me. It was for employment info from STBXW from the year 2000 that was requested ages ago already.... I wrote the court back saying I believed that the request was incorrectly attributed to me, that I had never worked for that company or any of it's subsidiaries and, based on the letter form the company itself, I believed that the matter needed to be addressed with the Plaintiff or her legal counsel....

So, when I guessed that she'd have her D by her birthday (4 November) I was wrong... then when I guessed by Christmas, I think I was wrong there too... <facepalm>

Other than that, there is less than nothing new in the Bear Cave....
Me - 54
STBXW - 48
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Helpingme!

Re: Thread 33 - Wind Therapy Part 2
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 06:59:04 AM »
Following along UM.
It seems as if all moment in MLC, doesn't matter what it is.
Is at a turtles pace.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 06:59:34 AM »
Welcome to your new thread, Ursa.

The adorable slow dragging of divorce filed by the MLCer ...  ::)

I think there is a part of MLC, that can take years, where nothing, or almost nothing, happens.

As for us, we carry on with our lives.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:33:16 AM by Anjae »
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline Thunder

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:10:16 AM »
Following along, UM.

I always think it's so strange how they HAVE to get a divorce, it's so important...and then do nothing to make it happen after filing.

It's like if they file, that's good enough in their head.

Sort of like after BD they immediately think of themselves as single.  As long as they gave us the "unhappiness" speech, their off and running.  Doesn't matter that they are still legally married, in their warped mind their single now.

I've read things like.."Well I told you I want a D so it's not really cheating."   ::) ::)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Offline Helpingme!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 07:15:43 AM »
Thunder
They love the feeling being free. But!!!! When reality of being free hits. They are just lost.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 07:39:14 AM »
They love the feeling being free. But!!!! When reality of being free hits. They are just lost.

Probably. But some of them do weird things. Xyzcf's husband filed for divorce 9 years down the road. Mitz one also took  a good while to divorce her.

Mr J only filed two years after he left, when OW2 come along. It would be more accurate to say she filed. She got the lawyer and took the decision. Same second time around - his court divorce number one was closed. So was number two. OW2 also decided he needed to it a second time. Go figure.  ::)

I so much loved the "we're separated" Mr J tried to sold me when OW1 become public. Problem? She already existd for months when he was still home and they did the grand tour of the country's hotels.  ::)

They can be hilarious.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline KeepItTogether

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 02:19:37 PM »
Always amazes me how they can push for something so hard, then fight against any forward momentum it takes in once started! MLC craziness at its best.
Me 47
H 46
S12
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

Offline Whyus

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 02:35:44 AM »
UM, no News is good News I suppose!
Following along for the ride.
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 45
W: 45 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 30) Trainings partner. W is actually getting People to accept them.
2 Sons - 19 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

Offline UrsaMajorTopic starter

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »
UM, no News is good News I suppose!
Following along for the ride.

It will be a while before I ride again... Too bloody cold/rainy... Next week the bike goes in for a BIG inspection (the previous owner did the 30K but not the 40 or 50 and it has 48K km on it) so that will be a hit in the wallet but then I should be ready for spring...

Of course, if the weather clears up and it gets to 10+ deg (mid-40's) then  I very well may reconsider...

Later edit.... The day I am supposed to drop off my bike to the shop is currently forecasted to be 35 deg (+2 C)  ERG!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:57:47 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 54
STBXW - 48
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline gman242

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 06:50:29 AM »
following along

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.