Author Topic: My Story Thread 33 - Wind Therapy Part 2  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Savoir Faire

My Story Re: Thread 33 - Wind Therapy Part 2
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »
Nothing new in the bear cave is better than lots of drama.  I can remember thinking my life before BD was routine and sometimes wished for a little more action - I got it!!  BD was rather action packed!

Since that time, boring has been very welcome.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

Offline stillbaffled

Re: Thread 33 - Wind Therapy Part 2
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »

Of course, if the weather clears up and it gets to 10+ deg (mid-40's) then  I very well may reconsider...

Later edit.... The day I am supposed to drop off my bike to the shop is currently forecasted to be 35 deg (+2 C)  ERG!

Mid-40s?!?  I'll pass, thanks.  Call me when it hits 60ish degrees!   You must know somebody that has an enclosed trailer you can borrow!! 
After all, tomorrow is another day.
Together 16 years - married 6
BD - 1/1/16
His divorce final 7/16
Married OW - 7/17
a consistent semi-vanisher in the same small town

Online UrsaMajorTopic starter

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 10:05:07 PM »
Unfortunately not SB but I'm kind of hard core. I did my practical test 2 weeks ago and it was 36° outside. I have winter kit (and my bike has heated grips  ;) so it's not so horrible as long as it isn't snowing or freezing rain. My problem is getting home - from the bike shop to work and back is easy but from anyplace to my apartment takes about an hour on public transport     :(

In fact, I'll probably ride in this morning and it's in the low 40s now....

Gonna get me some wind.....
Me - 54
STBXW - 48
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 10:08:39 PM »
You are one tough biker dude.   8)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Offline Whyus

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »
You really are hardcore UM. Heated grips! I want those  ???
Have fun
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 45
W: 45 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 30) Trainings partner. W is actually getting People to accept them.
2 Sons - 19 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

Offline Anjae

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 12:22:43 AM »
36º F, I guess. Because 36º C is quite hot.

With Winter kit and heated grips will be OK.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 12:30:54 AM »
36º F, I guess. Because 36º C is quite hot.

;D  Oh yeah.... 36 deg C in winter kit would be deadly....

With Winter kit and heated grips will be OK.

It was 6 deg C / 43 F this morning and I was fine... Gotta have some fun sometimes... Besides, I don't have a garage so I need to run it up sometimes to keep the battery charged... I DO have a Waterproof cover so it isn't totally exposed tot eh elements...
Me - 54
STBXW - 48
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Savoir Faire

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 05:23:59 PM »
It's 37 degrees C over here today Ursa, worth the trip? 
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

Offline Anjae

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 11:03:46 PM »
It will be 15C max and 8C min here today. Tomorrow 18C - 9C.

You could move here. Except the humidity makes it feel much colder than it is. At times, less 10 degrees colder than it really is. But not today or tomorrow.

You can have your 37C, Savy. Anything above 25C is too much for me.  ;D

Maybe Ursa can ride his bike till down there? Is is a special bike, it can ride on water right, Ursa?

Can you leave the bike outside if it goes below zero C?
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 09:32:08 AM »
Hi Anjae,

Yeah, it is air-cooled so there is no radiator to worry about. The one thing is that, if it sits for a while, I'll need to take the battery out and store it inside so it doesn't freeze and crack.

37 on a bike isn't too much fun in normal kit unless one really enjoys sweating and dehydration....

BMW does not stand for Bring Me Water so I'm afraid a trip down under is not in the cards.....
Me - 54
STBXW - 48
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Site Map

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.