Author Topic: My Story The Positives XXIII  (Read 3603 times)

Offline xyzcf

My Story Re: The Positives XXIII
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2019, 05:36:25 AM »
A thought I am having about this this morning..our heart is broken either way.

I have not found that when I don't have contact any easier than when I do. I still think of him throughout the day. I still miss him and I have not been able to erase him from my heart.

As mitzpah so clearly articulated:

I think that acceptance of where we are and our current reality goes some way in finding contentment with what is possible, it is just that space, that missing something that doesn't quite go away.

He is not mean to me when I see him...I think he is mean because he leaves again and again and doesn't give me what I desire....but those are my "expectations".

The story of the prodigal son continues to draw me into that scene and this morning, I have been meditating on this ..reading it slowly and carefully, and hearing the "truth" of what is important to me...can I be merciful towards someone who has hurt me so deeply...I know I want to be, for that is how I want to live.

"Meditations on the Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
by Leo John Dehon, SCJ

June 18, 2019

Heart of Jesus, patient and filled with mercy.

The Heart of Jesus speaks of this mercy when he depicted himself in the guise of the father filled with bounty who, in spite of the rejection of his son, doesn’t know how to resist him when he sees him coming in repentance, but who embraces him tenderly, and forgets all the injuries he has received from him."

I think that we don't see the "repentance", not yet anyway and somehow, being human we feel it is our "right" that they show up with apologizes and speaking words of "I'm sorry".

But, what if they cannot do that? The fact that they continue to show up is quite apparent that they desire some connection to us, so many years later.

"We are not done". Deep inside of us, this nagging feeling remains...our story is not done yet and that is both a blessing and a curse.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 05:37:29 AM by xyzcf »
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.