Author Topic: My Story Rebuilding Replanted and Growing 3  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Mortesbride

My Story Rebuilding Re: Replanted and Growing 3
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2019, 01:08:49 PM »
Aww sorry to hear about your pup. :(

I hope they manage to help him and you get to spend a bit more time with him.

You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

Offline AzioniTopic starterTopic starter

Re: Replanted and Growing 3
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2019, 07:20:25 PM »
Well, lots of ups and down in this week with our pup.

He was hospitalized for 2 days for iv fluids/meds. That helped greatly.  It seems to be vestibular disease.  He is making some really good progress.  We have follow up with the vet tomorrow. He is eating and drinking on his own. He is making it up and down stairs,  which he did today for first time since it came on. So good news to report  :)
You don't know how strong you are until being strong is your only option!!

"Anger will never disappear as long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts if resentment are forgotten." -- Buddhist quote

Offline Rosetintedglasses

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 04:46:06 PM »
Oh glad pup was helped. I know someone with a vestibular disease and it’s terrible so that’s good he is  making good progress.

Lovely to hear good news 🐾

Rose 🌹
Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
BD3 - Sept 2019
MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2018
OW2 - Feb 2019, age 30
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ‘P’

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2019, 03:40:42 PM »
He had his follow up with the vet.  He is doing very well. He even took it upon himself to walk to the back as if to go around to thank everyone.  The tech who took care of him that weekend was in tears to see him doing so well. He is now on 24/7 spoiling diet. We are blessed that he has come through this.

"Anger will never disappear as long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts if resentment are forgotten." -- Buddhist quote

Offline Mortesbride

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2019, 03:45:44 AM »
That is great news :)
You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2019, 02:14:26 PM »
My garden is coming along. I put a cage around my blueberries to keep out birds this year.  It's a success!! Just harvested a pint worth. Omg...so much better than store bought!! Tomatoes are also coming along. Harvested a few of those too.

The pup is still doing well. He is a little slower, but is alert and now practically no head tilt anymore. I just ordered rubber treads to put on wood deck stairs so he won't slip now that I restained them.

Offline Savoir Faire

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2019, 05:40:57 PM »
We have just gone into Winter here, so it's lovely to hear of Spring tomatoes, I'm already looking forward to it being warm again!
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2019, 09:33:55 AM »
Update: the pup is doing well. He is trying to mix it up with his fur brothers, but he cant keep up anymore. The youngest seems to sense this and will purposefully play just with him. (He is almost twice the older one's size and fast as lightning) He allows the old man to catch him. It is truly heartwarming to see the love he has for his older fur brother. Dogs are very sensitive souls.  I have made an inkprint of his paw and have made an appointment with a tattoo artist to do that with his name. This dog has had been a huge part of my life and was there for me when I most needed it.

One of my distant friends, who lives in another country, and knows about the whole A mess messaged me the other day. Had done some internet sleuthing and found out the Karma bus had arrived for OW. Asked me if I wanted to know the details. For a moment I smiled, but then it struck me....no, I really didn't want to know. I didn't care. I long ago gave up the obsessive searching. I did not want that back into my life anymore. Did I finally reach the nirvana of indifference? It has taken a chunk of my life to reach this summit.  My life is quiet and mostly happy. I do not want to ride down the rabbit hole again.  So, I asked this friend to not ever give me an update again. They promised me to abide by my wishes.

Offline Rosetintedglasses

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2019, 03:57:12 PM »
Good on the pup and the brothers! There’s an extra bond when a dog helps you through as an LBS I think. The paw print is a great idea!

Ah so that’s where the karma bus is! Well good for you reaching this stage and on your friend for upholding your wishes.

So glad your life is quiet and (mostly) happy. You deserve it
Rose 🌹
Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
BD3 - Sept 2019
MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2018
OW2 - Feb 2019, age 30
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ‘P’

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2019, 01:54:26 AM »
"And Lead me not into temptation...."

It's wonderful when one reaches the point where what is happening to the AD is no longer relevant to our lives...
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.